• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 30, 2012
Scotland
"Citizens?" Peter asked quizzically, "Things certainly have changed around here. Although, I remember the days when Count Konrad ruled this keep. Nobody was safe in those days, not even the horses..."

The Triumvirate appeared to have imposed strict laws on the Vampires under their command. As a result, the province was productive and prosperous. The problem with that policy was that not all of the Lords of the Night would listen to the Carsteins. It was like telling a wolf not to hunt when it was hungry.

"I can accompany you, Dieter," the Raven Lord continued, "I do not wish to wander these halls alone."

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Apr 23, 2008
Behind the Throne
"Then please walk with me." Dieter said and the two Blood Dragons strode down the halls.

"Things have changed. The Lord Marshal takes care of the military and is off fighting the Empire. The Lord Imperator has brought a faith to the mortals that they rule and has done some fair amount of conquering of his own."

"The Regent has dealt with administration mostly. One of his first acts was to ban feeding on innocents in von Carstein territory. Many ignored that edict and my men removed their heads. It made him unpopular but that's why he enlisted my men and I. Karl is not stupid...he strongly believes that if we terrify his subjects then we'll all meet our ends at their hands. Thus the effort he puts into making sure their lives are at least better than that under the Empire."

Dieter shrugged "I'm sure it's more complex than that but you know me brother, I just kill things...that's all I'm good for."

The blood dragon grimaced suddenly "Oh you remember Akarin. Over half his men went rogue after his death. They've been an annoyance ever since."

Aug 30, 2012
Scotland
"The Lord Marshall and I were close once. It pains me he is not likely to join us on our latest endeavour. We saved each other's skin on more than one occasion," Peter stared off into the middle distance as they strolled along the corridor.

"We even crossed blades once, although he would never care to remember it. It was not his proudest moment."

They passed portraits off the long dead rulers of this land, Fritz, Pieter, Hans... Peter avoided looking at a huge portrait of Isabella and her handmaidens.

"The Lord Imperator always had a way of inspiring those around him. His words flow like quicksilver. He was always close with my wife..." The Blood Dragon trailed off, and Deiter knew better than to pry.

Peter moved on quickly though, "I admire what Karl has done here, he was always the voice of reason. And Akarin's assassins? They may prove to be a thorn in our side, true enough, but we can only hope that they will be persuaded to return to the fold."

He remembered with a wry smile his "friendly" duel with Akarin in Simon's fortress in the Badlands. The assassin had proved a worthy adversary.

Bounce

Varghulf
May 3, 2012
Elanor left her room smiling faintly. Her lips and cheeks covered in crimson blood but she didn't really pay attention. She was feeling exceedingly content and much better. She was practically back to normal if such a thing existed. As she walked down the hallways she admired the paintings and architecture of the castle, it was all a bit grim, it could do with some bright colours. Maybe something other than red. She paused as she saw Kavok standing outside a door to a room.

"Greetings, my most handsome knight." She said huskily. "You fought so bravely to protect us on the battlefield. I wanted to thank you."

She grasped his hand in hers and just lightly touched it to her lips. Feeling the warm, hot skin, listening to his heart beat. He was irresistible.

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Apr 23, 2008
Behind the Throne
Dieter sighed internally, it was a shame what had happened to Peter's wife but that's what happened with the creatures of the night tricked themselves into thinking they where human.
They took on human frailties.

"All three of the Triumvirate are great vampires, they have achieved much...in my opinion they have already surpassed their forefathers. Sure Vlad or Vashanesh, whatever you want to call him, came closer to finishing of the Empire but we have taken other lands and have done so in a mere decade." he said loyally, his opinion was no surprise, his loyalty was legendary amongst the von Carstein forces.

"But then I suppose it's the first time any of Vlad's descendants with any real power have managed to cooperate properly. When Konrad was in control there may have been some visible alliances but they where skin deep as you well know."

Dieter chuckled "Lord Simon is...inventive in his methods. He has conquered militarily but that is in truth the least impressive of his accomplishments." Dieter paused for a moment and when he spoke it was quietly enough that only Peter, as close as he was with his hightened senses could hear, "Personally I find his most impressive the creation and spreading of that new religion. They believe Vashanesh is a God and that the Triumvirate are Gods too...that all the other von Carstein Nobility are lesser Gods and then we Blood Dragons who serve are some sort of Divine Servants."

Dieter laughed at that with a shake of his head "Beasts like us...Gods." he murmured in amused disbelief.
When he started talking again his voice returned to a normal volume.

"Then there's Lord Micrea's methods, more straight forward but no less in their Genius, but I hardly need to mention his military abilities to you. It's thanks to him that the Empire is falling. Some fools think that we're in a 'stalemate' with the Empire." Dieter said with disgust "A drawn-out battle plays into our hands. More die and our undead armies swell. The territories under the Triumvirate's control becomes more and more loyal."

Dieter shifted the bared sword he carried against his shoulder, the rattle of metal on metal echoing through the halls of the castle.

"Then there is Baron Karl. As Vlad's last son some thought he would try to sieze control alone but that man seems to have a surprisingly little wishes for power and he was more than happy to ally with his nephews. He spends most of his time here in Drakenhof seeing to the actual matters of ruling. He also deals with diplomats from foreign powers both mortal and immortal. It's due to him that we have so many of our Blood hanging around...annoying Glory-Seeking knights for the most part." Dieter said, the last with no small amount of distaste.

"He was against all this you know, Karl that is, he tried to talk Simon out of joining this new...council. He believes this endeavour is not worth the risk of losing one of the Triumvirate. Although he did agree to send me after rejecting Rowhaine's request for him to join the council, when I asked why he simply said 'In honour of the Brother I never knew.' whatever that means."

"Anyway Peter. You should consider joining the family again once this Council bushiness is over. We could always do with warriors who's loyalty is certain."

Finally the two reaches a large Double Door with two Mortal Guards in lesser versions of Dieter's own Black Armour and Uniform. They also carried inferior version's of the Blood Dragon's sword.

"Inform the Regent that Peter and I have arrived and ask if he's ready to see me." Dieter told them after they finished saluting.

One nodded and slipped into the room.

Dieter turned to Peter and smiled faintly gesturing to the remaining guard.

"These humans where an idea of Karls. The best mortal warriors to act as aspirants under von Carstein rule to be trained and tests...we hope that it will allow us to expand my Guard without sacrificing loyalty or ability. I have my doubts, none have succeeded to the point receiving the Dark Gift yet. In the meantime we have a large amount of extremely skilled mortals to help Guard Drakenhof so I suppose it was a good idea."

After a moment the mortal came back out held the door open.
"The Lord Regent will see you now sirs."

Dark_Wolfen

Grave Guard
Jun 5, 2011
Rotterdam
When Nimrais didn't hear a response from Kavok she thought he might not have heard him. Walking up to the door and opening it, she saw Elanor holding Kavok's hand and kissing it.

"Oh, uhm.. excuse me. I didn't know you were occupied," she muttered.

Looking over at Elanor, it wasn't hard to decipher the look in her eyes, it was all to familiar to her.

"Don't mind me, carry on then." Nimrais closed the door behind her and started walking down the hallway.

"Hahahaha, and here I was thinking things couldn't get more weird." the shade laughed out as he walked up beside her.

"Shut up," Nimrais hissed. "I should have known that men, particularily mortal men, live too quickly."

"Ah, nevermind him right now. Let's do something else!" her companion said as they continued walking down the hall. The shade sounded a bit too joyous to her liking, but he had a point.

The Dread King

Staff member
True Blood
Jan 28, 2012
Morturion uttered a resounding "Oof" as he was hit on his (thankfully) armoured chin by Kraskor. He fell flat on his back, and blacked out for a second. Several moments later, he opened his eyes to a room full of danger: Nekhlior had the Book of Nagash back, he noted, and was starting to wake up properly. More importantly, Kraskor loomed imminently close, and Morturion did not want an encounter with him again. He drew himself to his feet, and practically ran out of the room, saying to those looking on, "Er...I need to go now."

That was a close shave. And damn; I no longer have the Book of Nagash. He sighed in frustration. Oh well, at least I have learnt what I needed to from it. The incantation is mine now... Morturion's mood swung rapidly, and an evil grin broke across his face. Won't it be funny when they realise that despite all their heroic sacrifices and silences, I still found out what I needed to. The necromancer pulled himself into the side room, once again tired out, and collapsed into a chair, before consuming the remaining chunks of warpstone on the floor. He'd re-energized himself, and he'd got rid of the evidence of his little read. Now I can only hope that the infuriating whelp of a blood dragon does not tell Nekhlior what I did...

Invigorated, Morturion once again drew power out of himself, and a shade appeared before him, spilling out of his chest. It gradually solidified, until the battered form of Defiance came into view. At last, the weaker necromancer was brought back to unlife. He could barely hold himself up. The power of his soul had gradually been rebuilt by the warpstone Morturion had consumed; if Morturion had waited much longer, Defiance would have passed from his body into the spirit realm. Defiance looked expectantly at his master. Morturion explained, "I needed power to survive. If I had not used your soul's strength, then we both would have died." Defiance nodded, gasping from the exhaustion of returning from what was esentially a form of death. The nod signified that he was content to remain in Morturion's service - not that he would have much of a choice, anyway.

The two stepped out into the hallway, and Morturion spotted a rather amusing interaction between Kavok, Nimrais and Elanor. He chuckled quietly and sinisterly, before removing the armour from his face. He could see a possible manipulation in this situation. Signalling for Defiance to step behind, he approached Nimrais. Defiance skulked into the shadows, and Morturion calmly resisted the powers of the Lahmian. At least she's not one of the extremely powerful ones. I've often felt pleased that I'm wearing armour in their presence before.

Nimrais had been talking to thin air a moment before he reached her, Morturion noticed. Excellent. She's all the more vulnerable, then. Morturion stepped towards her, and bowed. No matter how abominable that gesture may have felt, my little gamble may pay off. Support is something I very much need in the meeting to come. He remarked in hushed tones, "Hello, lady Nimrais. We all have plans, and we all have obstacles. It seems that vampire over their is one of your...obstacles. I believe you do not like her. Well, neither do I. Perhaps we could work together to find a...solution...to our little problem?" He smiled a murderous smile, and his eyes were full of dark, but subtle, intent.

Dark_Wolfen

Grave Guard
Jun 5, 2011
Rotterdam
Nimrais went quiet as she saw Morturion coming into the hallway. She was a bit surprised that he bowed before her, but returned the bow gladly.

"Hello, lady Nimrais. We all have plans, and we all have obstacles. It seems that vampire over their is one of your...obstacles. I believe you do not like her. Well, neither do I. Perhaps we could work together to find a...solution...to our little problem?", Morturion had said.

Nimrais looked suspiciously at the Necromancer. He seemed to have witnessed the small interaction that just happened. "Wait, did he also see me talking?" she thought to herself, "It must be if he also heard me when I was at Elanor and Kavok."

Her companion loomed around Morturion, inspecting him. "He's a special fellow isn't he? You'll have to be weary of him. What exaclty does he mean by "our little problem" anyway? He wants something from you," the shadow said, his face only a few inches from Morturion's.

"Good evening, master Necromancer. It seems that we do, but without obstacles, unlife could become rather boring, would it not? But what exactly do you have in mind?" She tried to sound as neutral as possible. Morturion had overestmated her feelings towards the fellow Lahmian. Elanor seemed quite agreeable when they were earlier in the castle and she did help her out when Nimrais got stabbed by the ratman assassin, but something about the way Morturion approached the subject interested her. Besides, such a powerful necromancer could certainly offer something useful, if she managed to pull his strings.

"You're walking on thin ice here, miss Nahmir. Watch your step, because I'm sure someone, perhaps even mister prettyface here, will be there when it breaks, and they won't pull you from it's cold grasp."

The Dread King

Staff member
True Blood
Jan 28, 2012
She's not quite as angry as I hoped she would be. This little machination will be harder than I originally thought.

Morturion responded, "You may have noticed that I am quite alone in my views on how the waning of necromancy should be dealt with. If I were to have the promise of a second voice to support my views in the upcoming council meeting, perhaps I could pull off a little...trick..." -Morturion raised an eyebrow - "- on young Elanor over there. This could...guide...our young friend the knight over there to make the right...decisions."

Malcontent was openly visible on Morturion's face. From what he had implied, his trick was not exactly going to be a lovely little surprise.

Dark_Wolfen

Grave Guard
Jun 5, 2011
Rotterdam
"Are you implying I fall into nothingness when compared to Elanor? That I need help in seducing a mortal man, and without I would lose to a seemingly prettier, more charming vampire?" Nimrais did her best to look a little bit insulted, even though she knew he probably didn't mean it that way.

"But yes, I remember the little theatre before the battle. I however, won't sell my voice to win the affections of a mortal knight, I won't need any help there. But truth is, I have no idea what the cause is for the waning of necromancy and I have no real idea how to reverse this devellopment. If your words are wise and true, I will support them, but words themselves are but wind. The best approach, unorthodox or not, needs to be selected."

Aug 30, 2012
Scotland
"Our Order can always be found where there is to be glory to be found, we get that from our father," replied Peter.

As they strode into Karl's room, Peter considered Dieter's suggestion. He had his lands to the east, but they were a shadow of their former glory. His army was shattered, and his castle was a ruin. Apart from a few retainers, he lived alone. Yet, his self imposed isolation had done nothing to numb the pain of the loss of Lucia. Perhaps it would do him some good to return to the dark keep of Drakenhof on a more permanent basis. He could take a more proactive role, and the Triumvirate may give him the resources to rebuilt his forces.

"I may just take you up on that offer brother," he murmured.

Peter nodded a greeting to Karl.

"My Lord," he said as he bowed before the Lord Regent.

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Apr 23, 2008
Behind the Throne
The huge room was a study, the walls lined shelves filled with books except one which had a roaring fire, there where a few chairs scattered around.

Karl stood with his back to the door, his hands clasped behind his back, staring into the fire.
The Lord Regent now wore aristocratic Imperial styles garments and had removed is sword along with his armour.

Dieter bowed deeply.
"My Lord Regent." he greeted his master respectively.

Karl turned as Peter spoke and dipped his head slightly.
"Peter. Dieter. I trust you are both well after the skirmish?" he asked.

"Well enough my lord." Dieter replied.

"I hope the Council is having it's needs met. Once Simon and Rowhaine are ready we will likely call a gathering and have a proper meeting." he told the two Blood Dragons.

Karl gestured to two of the chairs.
"Please sit."

Dieter took a seat immediately, leaving his sword leaning against the wall next to the door.

Aug 30, 2012
Scotland
"The battle was... interesting," explained the Raven Lord," The new Council is a bit rough around the edges to say the least. Whatever Rowhaine has gathered us here for, what ever he needs us to fight, this gathering of unhinged individuals will not stop it. They are a pale shadow of the Council that gathered here ten years ago."

Peter hung his blade next to Dieter's, and sat down opposite the roaring fire. He good feel the heat radiating from the blaze, despite his Undead skin.

The Dread King

Staff member
True Blood
Jan 28, 2012
"I was by no means suggesting that you would need any help in that department. Only that I thought if I gave it, you might be convinced to help me. However, seeing as you already are convinced that necromancy must be maintained in whatever way possible, I see that my offer was unnecessary. It is good to see that others see the wisdom of undeath, instead of being distracted by petty morals. My methods are somewhat objected to, as they include many tests on the power of the soul: whilst many these vampires normally would not care for mortals' lives, it seems that my experiments on mortals, and, indeed, immortals, drive them to absolutely rejecting them. Only through tests on souls can we fully understand the cause of the waning of necromancy, and only with the understanding of the cause can we understand the solution."

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Apr 23, 2008
Behind the Throne
Karl remained standing and smiled at Peter's words.

"To be blunt I am rather unimpressed with this gathering. The last council was just as argumentative at times but at least we had the likes of Lesa that worked at keeping us together."

Looking directly at Peter he shrugged.
"Then let us hope the threat facing this council turns out to be a pale shadow of that which we faced. At least a number of the old group decided to show up."

Karl sighed.
"I hope this nonsense if finished with soon enough...we can't afford to have our attention divided at a time like this...although part of me wishes I could go with you..."

"Surely you can do as you wish my Lord." Dieter interjected.

The Regent laughed harshly as he walked over to his desk and grabbed a pile of papers.
"Troop reports, food stocks, harvest numbers, complaints from the ambassadors, disputes of the court and every other mind numbing detail related to ruling you can possibly think of. The most exciting news I've had in the past few months is that at last most of our lands in Sylvania have finally been improved to an acceptable level although there are still some minor Lords who think they don't have to look after the cattle under their rule."

Karl frowned and lifted another document.
"I may have to dispatch the Guard to strip them of their lands." he murmured with a frown seemingly distracted.

A knock on the door brought Karl out of his Reverie as his head snapped up.
"Enter."

The door opened as a tall slim vampiress with brown hair glided into the room with an unnatural grace, she was pretty although in a cold fashion.

"Husand." Emilie said curtsying slightly to Karl and then she nodded to Dieter "Captain."

Her usual stern expression broke as she smiled brightly, she walked over to his side and rested a and on the Blood Dragon's shoulder.

"Lord von Krahe." she said her voice a mix of surprise and joy "I had not thought to see you here it has been...some time."

Sorrow flickered across Emilie's expression but she retained her pleasant smile.

------------------------------

Nekhlior straightened allowing the corpse of the woman drop.

Two should be enough he told himself despite his hunger still raging.

Nekhlior stumbled over to his fallen staff and lifted it, using the magical artefact as a walking staff.

"I am done. Have you fed Kraskor?" he asked the Blood Dragon.

As he spoke the Necrarch's hand stroked the cover of the Tome hanging from his waste.
The magical aura of the Nagashi book flared under his touch causing Nekhlior to frown...it was different.

Someone has read from you. he realised but who? Not Kraskor, he was not yet skilled enough to survive such an activity.

Anger flared within Nekhlior at the thought someone had stolen his possession whilst he was unconscious but he mastered it.
He cast his thoughts back trying to recall who it could be but his mind was a mess of confusion since the miscast.

I'll find the thief... he thought to himself viciously a smile coming to his lips.

Aug 30, 2012
Scotland
Peter stood to address the Lord Regent's wife. He took her hand, and brushed it with his lips.

"My lady, it brings joy to my heart to see you well," he replied, noticing the pain in her eyes but saying nothing. She and Lucia had been close, bound together by having their husbands fighting in the Vampire Wars.

"It has been too long, but I had my reasons for staying away for so long," added the Blood Dragon, "Your husband, the Captain and I were just discussing Drakenhof's latest guests."

Taking his seat again, Peter addressed Karl.

"The Champion of the Gods would not have requested the presence of so many of our kind if he did not fear this threat," mused the Raven Lord, "But, you can not let his cause usurp what you created here. I do not know much of the residents of the Land of the Dead, but I fear this may be a ruse to weaken the von Carstein's hold on the Badlands. Was it not once part of Dead Kings' empire?"

"As for the more rowdy elements of your family, I can not offer much insight. I fought with the Marshall for so long, some of his unforgiving nature has rubbed off on me. I suppose a campaign to simply raze their holdings to the ground is out of the question?"

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Apr 23, 2008
Behind the Throne
"Well then I won't keep you." she said with a smile.

Turning to Karl her expression returned to it's usual frostiness.

"Husband I wished to give you this." she said handing a handful of papers similar to those scattered across Karl's disk to the Lord Regent.

Karl nodded taking the papers.

"Thank you my'lady." he replied.

Emilie stepped close and kissed Karl on the cheek before stepping back and after another curtsey she left the room.
"Hmm...an actual smile." the Regent murmured sounding amused.

Karl watched the door for a moment before transferring his gaze to the papers in his hand and swiftly flicked through them.

"Reports on the actions of our guests." Karl told Peter with a smile as he finished and threw the papers onto his table "Can't be too careful and my dear wife is paranoid enough that she doesn't trust others with delivering them."

Karl moved to take a seat and leaned back into it, allowing himself to relax.

"Although I respect the man he is the champion of Gods who have been an enemy to our kind however I do not doubt his cause carries significance." Karl told Peter softly as he considered the Blood Dragon's words.

"Perhaps...that is Simon's domain truth be told...perhaps that is why he was so... insistent on attending. The land of the dead would not fare well against us even in our weakened and warring state but in time...well that is tommorrow's concern. External threats such as that will be dealt with primarily by my nephews."

Karl started twisted his Signet ring as he thought.
"Some are indeed 'rowdy' and they will have to be cowed but most are simply negligent...I can not say whether it is wilful or through ignorance. Razing their lands is out of the question, the point is to keep the mortals on our side, burning their homes will only turn them against us. Besides I have not worked for the past ten years to improve Sylvania only to give myself more rebuilding to do."

Karl nodded to Dieter.
"My Guard's men will deal with it, they are my guardians and my blades. They'll remove the heads of those deemed useless and we'll replace them with more intelligent and dutiful men."

Karl smirked faintly.
"Intelligent and dutiful...not terms associated with our breed. But they will learn. They can not expect to be Lords and Ladies of an Empire without bearing some of the burden."

Kavok

Wight King
Sep 23, 2012
Kavok raised an eyebrow as Elanor kissed his hand. 'Well these are odd customs here... Though I guess I may not have been to focused on the courtly ediquite while I was growing up. I still can't help but feel this is a bit of a role reversal.'

Hearing lady Nimrais exit the room and then moving along, Kavok opened his mouth to say something to her as she walked away, but his headache flared up for a second, and he just cringed in pain.

Shaking his head slightly, and then clenching his jaw when that did not help in any way, Kavok looked back at Elanor. Moving his hand so that he was holding Elanor's instead of the other way around, Kavok noticed the blood both on the back of his glove and all over Elanor's mouth. '... Fuck...'

Swallowing a bit nervously, Kavok just looked at the blood on Elanor's face for a few moments. He then made a small bow and brought her hand up to his own lips. 'What do I do... Why can't they just continue to be normal until I leave... Things would be so much easier that way. I don't want to think of Lady Elanor or Lady Nimrais as monsters...'

Standing back up, Kavok let go of Elanor's hand. Looking over at Nimrais talking with Morturion, and frowned slightly. 'I don't like the necromancer... If I'm not mistaken he did choose to live the way he does.' Looking back at Elanor, Kavok said "N-not at all. It was an honor to protect such beautiful ladies such as yourself and Lady Nimrais. Though I must excuse myself for a quick moment, I did have a few things I needed to discuss with Lady Nimrais. It is wonderful to speak with you, though you may wish to clean yourself up a little before this meeting that is supposed to happen. You still have a some..." 'Which word am I going to hate to say more... Damn it...' "... food... on your face." 'Nope... That should not have been the way to say that... Oww... My head hurts too... This is going to be a long night as well... If it is a different night. Else this is a -really- long night.'

Cringing slightly, and massaging his head slightly with a hand, Kavok gave Elanor a small bow. "Till we talk next."

As he starts to make his way over towards Nimrais and Morturion, Kavok stops about half way, and puts a hand against the wall to help support him, while holding his head with the other. "Oww..."

Aug 30, 2012
Scotland
"I understand your reluctance to launch a full out attack Lord Regent, but you understand as well as I benefits of making an example of someone," replied the Blood Dragon. But he could see that Karl had made up his mind on the matter, and Peter did not wish to further burden him. It pained him to see Karl in this way, buried beneath a pile of paper work.

"But, if the Carsteins are to commit to this endeavour, who would lead the forces of Drakenhof? I can not imagine you would allow the Southlander to lead the armies of Sylvania." Peter did not wish to involve himself in the politics of this Council, but his loyalties lay with the von Carsteins. It was his duty to protect their interests.

"As for the matter of your wayward Barons, my sword is yours to command, as always."

Dark_Wolfen

Grave Guard
Jun 5, 2011
Rotterdam
"I'm sure you weren't," Nirmais said while she smiled. "And I'm afraid I know nothing about manipulating souls either. It sounds rather... complicated. Not sure if I want to dabble in it personally. Maybe if you'd enlighten me about it, but now's not the time. If your soulworking can get the job done, it's certainly worth looking into."

Nimrais wasn't all that comfortable with manipulating souls. She hardly knew anything about it, but it sure seemed evil and dangerous. Hearing something behind her she looked around to see Kavok groaning against the wall now.

"Well Morturion, it seems I indeed won't need your help on this part. But I'm sure you have something to offer if we ever needed to exchange something mutually beneficial."

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Apr 23, 2008
Behind the Throne
Karl nodded
"Perhaps a precise attack on one of the less populated areas." he pondered aloud although it was clear he was only musing aloud.

Karl had been a general for centuries, one of the best, but due to the Marshal's skill overshadowing his Karl had instead fallen back on his other strengths for the good of the family.

He frowned as those bitter thoughts took control and Peter said something, he only caught parts of it and started abruptly and grimaced at the wandering of his mind.

"I am sorry Peter I was...distracted. Which endeavour is that? and which Southlander?" he asked, thinking of the dozens of foreigners in the von Carstein court.

He smiled and bowed his head slightly.
"I am honoured by your fealty and do not think it is ever forgotten."

Aug 30, 2012
Scotland
Confused by Karl's distraction, Peter clarified his point.

"Rowhaine, the Champion of the Gods. I fear that he may try to take control of the armies of Drakenhof. Who will lead them against whatever threat the Champion of the Gods is here to discuss, if not he? The Marshall is on campaign, and Simon was never the most reliable of commanders..." mused Peter.

"And my Lord, your House has earned my fealty. Vlad took me in when I was lost, an angry warrior who craved nothing but to destroy. He taught me that our kind can be something so much more."

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Apr 23, 2008
Behind the Throne
Karl's expression became cold.

"The armies of Sylvania will be led by those of Sylvania not a man who had his vampirism 'cured', I respect the Champion but his very existence is a betrayal to the essence of what we are. You would be surprised, my nephew is quite skilled in Generalship. Hmm..." Karl considered it for a moment.

Standing he walked to the table and quickly jotted something down on a piece of parchment and signed it with a flourish.
Folding the paper he took a moment to seal it in wax using his Signet ring

Striding over to Peter he threw it down on Peter's lap.

"Give that to Simon if such a mustering occurs and I am incapable, as is likely to be sadly, to attend. It will mark that I've authorised you to act as a Lieutenant and my representative in the von Carstein forces and although Simon can overrule the decision."

Karl shrugged as if the important document was insignificant to him.
"Also if for some reason you are split of from the Lord Imperator that document will demand any of our forces in the conquered territories or invaded Imperial areas to assist you in any way you wish. Dieter carries the same document already."

Karl shook his head.
"Enough of this anyway. Which reminds me actually my friend, how is your home faring? I have not been to Swartzhafen in many years."

Bounce

Varghulf
May 3, 2012
Elanor grinned seeing Kavok blushing and stumbling. He was so sweet and innocent, it was very endearing.

You still have a some food on your face.

She reached up and wiped a finger along her cheek to see it red with blood.

Oh dear, that was possibly unwise. Why hadn't she taken the time to have a proper wash after feasting on that brute? Oh well it was too late now. She just had to act natural. Pretend that this was normal. He did realise she was a vampire after all. What did he expect? And what did he have to discuss with Nimrais? She liked the girl, quite a lot but was she serious competition? Would she need to be removed? Not that this mortal was all that important of course. He was just a man after all, and men had failed her time after time. So what about this one was so different?

She sighed audibly as her mind spun around and around. She was sure the male vampires didn't have to deal with this. It wasn't fair.

Aug 30, 2012
Scotland
Peter took the document, and placed it in a pouch at his sword belt. He was surprised that Karl offered him such an honour. The Blood Dragon had been absent from the Carstein's court for so long, he had thought he had fallen out of favour.

"My Lord, I am humbled by this gesture. I will do all I can to represent you in this gathering," said Peter with a bow.

"Swatzhafen is... not the fastness it used to be," he said, with a hint of shame in his voice, "Since the last battle against Nagash, my standing army is much reduced, and the priest of Sigmar still seek my distruction after what I did to them in when I rescued Lucia in Altdorf. I thought it better to let them think the keep was abandoned."

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu