• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

TVC II Chapter 6 - Return to Drakenhof

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Satsu was glad Karl had called for order and was waiting for the Council to make their final decisions when one of the side doors in the chamber opened.

The familiar form of the Assassin Fitz, a Shadow from Squad 13 came walking over to the top of the table and give a swift bow to the Lord Regent and Lord Imperator before leaning over to whisper so that only Satsu could hear.

"We caught someone sir that I really think you should see."

Satsu frowned, he had been worried something like this might happen.

"Who? One of Silibar's traitors? Or a Chaos infilitrator?"

Fitz looked a little nervous "Ah..no...a girl....a child really...mortal."

"If this is a joke."
Satsu hissed dangerously "I shall not be amused."

Fitz shook his head swiftly "She killed...or rather caused the death of the Templar Sir Gunther and a group of mortal guardsmen on patrol just outside the City walls. A fast reaction squad from our Order was deeply injured trying to investigate the cause of the deaths. It took Commander Azrel and three of my squad to...restrain her."

Satsu didn't wait or any other explanation he simply turned to Karl "I have to look into something my Lord, excuse me."

Karl looked concerned but simply waved him away.

Satsu stood smoothly and nodded for Fitz to lead the way. As he walked he pondered what sort of human it took Azrel and three of his magi to stop. And why only magi? Four members of Squad Thirteen sent against one target was unusual to say the least.

"This may be an interesting diversion..."

Last edited:
The assassin Ezra had been sitting silently, as per usual, on one of the wooden scaffolds high above the chamber in which the undead and similar "discussed" below. She despised the way this group bickered amongst themselves; one would never be able to tell that some of these people had once taken on the Lord of Undeath, and survived at that.

With one leg swinging softly over the ledge of the wooden beam, as if it were caught in a steady breeze, and ears filtering out the general banter below her, Ezra took the time to pick clean her nails of blood and gristle with the edge of one of her knives.
Despite all that was happening, the moment was calm for her, relaxing almost. So much so that she nearly missed the shadowy figure enter and speak to one of the lieutenants personally. The figure seemed something like a spy, or perhaps an assassin given his attire and the way he approached the Von Carstein; whatever information he held must've been important, especially since the lieutenant followed him out of the room.

After tossing up whether she should investigate them or stay here for any further developments, Ezra fell with staying with the bores below her, in case something about the meeting turned volatile enough to warrant her assistance. Besides, the lieutenant would more than like have to report back to his superior, giving her the chance to find out about this new situation. And if he didn't then a closer watch would be needed for him on her part, along with an investigation into the newest event.

MasterSpark

Nostalgian
Staff member
True Blood
Helena looked up briefly, curiously wondering where Satsu was going. So far the sly man had seemed intent on stalking her throughout this night. Perhaps he got word of something else, some other prey which he could break, unlike Helena. Or he might be busying himself with preparing some kind of trap for her. She actually had an urge to follow him and find out but she was afraid that Nekhlior's attention might still be on her. Without risking another glance Helena recovered her surly outlook and started to slowly kick the air in front of and beneath her seat to make it look like she was preoccupied with not avoiding the Necrarch's eyes.

Last edited:

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Nekhlior had been looking over his shoulder muttering ever since he last spoke to Helena. Every so often he'd grimace and raise a hand to the side of his head.

Sighing loudly the Necrarch stood up.

"Well I'm bored, I'll go check up on the Princess again." he told the Council "If you have need of me before you leave then you can summon me. Otherwise good luck and try not to mess things up."

Standing Nekhlior lifted his staff and strode swiftly out of the hall, purposefully leaving before anyone could respond.

Halfway down the hall he fell sideways into the wall and clutched at his skull which had begun to ache more and more since V'azrin had re-appeared.

"Headache?" the shade asked sounding concerned.

"Leave.Me.Alone!" he snarled.

V'azrin sighed sadly "I am so sorry brother but you are simply breaking. It seems you were correct...you never recovered from Nagash's assault. Is this is the price of your betrayal?"

Nekhlior simply growled as the pain intensified, these fits had begun and gotten progressively worst since the War against his old master.

"I'm alright...it will pass." he thought to himself.

"For now." V'azrin agreed "But how long until you....SHATTER!"

Nekhlior cried out in pain and fell to his knees at the last word and stayed huddled on the ground with his eyes closed.

"Sir? Sir are you alright?"

Nekhlior looked up and saw a air of Drakenhof mortal guardsman looking at him. Thankfully the imaginary version of his dead brother was gone.

"My lord? Are you alright?"

Leaning on his staff the vampire pushed himself to his feet.

"Quite alright, I seem to have tripped."

"Of course my Lord, do you require feeding? We can have someone sent up to you?"

Nekhlior couldn't help but admire how conditioned these mortals were, able to talk about feeding so casually.

"I will be fine guardsman but I am grateful for the concern."

With that the Necrarch turned and strode down the hall towards the library, he'd rest for a while and then go see the princess.

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Satsu returned to the Main Hall followed by a circle of seven Magi led by a withered Necrarch. At their rear followed a black garbed Nipponese vampire wearing similar weapons to Satsu.

It took a monumental force of will for Satsu to not look up to see if the silent vampiress was still hiding amongst the rafters. He'd disliked the order to have his men ignore her presence but he could hardly disobey the Lord Regent.

Satsu held up a hand for his men to wait near the end of the table as he strode to the top to stand between Karl and Simon.

Leaning over the Arch-Assassin took a minute to quietly tell them all he knew about Ellen.

"Really?" The Lord regent murmured "And Azrel confirmed it only seemed to attack his men when the girl appeared to be in danger?"

Satsu nodded "And I think it only attacked me and Kenji because we'd forcibly bound it previously, she still wants the seal lifted and assures us we'll be alright but..."

Karl considered how to handle this, he could easily command her death but from what Satsu told him it could be some hassle but more importantly it could be a waste.

The von Carstein already could think of half a dozen uses for such a girl, he was sure Simon was thinking the same thing.

Karl tapped a finger of the table before standing and, ignoring a muttered protest from Satsu, he walked around the table.

As he walked the Lord Regent spoke "Honoured council members, we have a guest. A young girl Ellen and her silent companion."

Karl gestured for Azrel to step aside but when the Necrarch did so he was shocked at the girl's sorry appearance.

The Regent grabbed an empty chair at the bottom of the table and pulled it out, he then sat down in the chair next to it.

The Vampire Lord smiled pleasantly "Please child. Sit. Tell me about yourself and the one Satsu tells me is called Lucatiel."

"Would you like anything to eat or drink?"

Mello

Hasn't left TVC for the rest of the forum
True Blood
Ellen blinks softly upon entering the room, before looking at the floor, almost in rapture. It was smooth gingerly, she pulled up her adult sized trousers and placed her bare feet on the floor. A tiny smile crept across her face, before she look up at Regent, and back at the floor, smoothly sitting cross legged on it, trying to gather her hair behind her neck. If it weren't for the barely noticeable flair of her hips betraying her age it might have looked like she was going to school. "I'm sorry Mr- Sir, I'm usually force fed or starved... which one are you telling me?" Ellen looks up blankly from under the few strands of hair she didn't manage to gather up.

"About me? Well..." Ellen frowns and looks at her knees, as if unsure how to answer. "Well uh.. I'm Ellen I.. I guess. And my uh... companion?" Ellen looks up to Karl as if for clarification, before nodding, apparently having got it. "My companion is called Lucatiel. Don't ask, I just know that's his name. He's... a nice guy really, he's just protective yunno? Not that it matters for you guys as long as you stand more than 5 feet away from me, he can't reach any further than that." Ellen mimes stretching her arms out with a little smile.

"I.. don't really know what else you want to know sorry.." Ellen frowns and hangs her head, evidently disappointed at herself.

Last edited by a moderator:

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Karl chuckled slightly.

"I mean you may ask for anything and my humble kitchens shall try to provide."

As he spoke a female servant stepped up and bowed.

"Simply tell her what you would like to eat and drink."

The Regent give an encouraging smile "It's quite alright. Perhaps you could tell us why you came to Drakenhof? Your accent is one of the Reikland, correct? We rarely have mortals from so afar."

MasterSpark

Nostalgian
Staff member
True Blood
"And why are you so dirty?" Helena sneered at Ellen, now that the ghastly Nekhlior had withdrawn. This new one looked pathetic, certainly not fit for being inside castle Drakenhof.

Count Vashra

Lord of Shadows
True Blood
Niklaus smiled at the new arrival, Ellen. 'Greetings. My name is Niklaus. I would be interested in what abilities you have. or is it just your companion? Lucatiel? Have no fear. I do not intend upon stepping close to you. Lucatiel need feel no threat from me. I am a Vampire myself, but relatively young, and not....extremely thirsty, you might say.' He decided to ignored Helena's comment, being quite annoyed by her rude greeting.

Ghouly

Liche
True Blood
Graveclaw rose from the corner, easily dwarfing all in height and bulk in the room and strode over towards the guards and their prisoner the heavy thud of his footsteps reverberated through the chamber. With a low growl Graveclaw shouldered his way past the guards, before crouching down low to the level of the young girl sitting on the floor “Did they hurt you?” the Strigoi rasped gently.

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Satsu had been walking slowly around the table, following after Karl once the Lord Regent had sat down to speak with the mortal girl.

As the assassin passed Helena he heard the child-immortal speak, smiling behind his mask the vampire leant down to whisper to the small vampiress.

"Spite used in great quantity will swiftly loose it's potency." he murmured.

Straightening up Satsu perched on the edge of the table near Helena and turned his head to keep an eye on Ellen. He smiled faintly as he watched Graveclaw finding the Strigois gentler side both odd and amusing.

Simon von Carstein

The Poetic Fiend
True Blood
Simon leaned forward "Well this fascinating!" his eyes lit up as he scrutinized the new arrival. His enhanced vampiric senses could easily feel the presence of the spirit. "I've seen similar things in my travels I've even dabbled in it. But I have never seen anything quite like this. Normally having something like that connected to you can have some very unfortunate effects unless you're like us but you seem to be bearing it with no ill effects what so ever."

He leaned back before continuing "If we were not so busy I would certainly like to examine you. The implications could be without limit."

Count Vashra

Lord of Shadows
True Blood
Examine? Experiment? Niklaus did not like the sound of that at all. It seemed that because Ellen was so unusual the von Carsteins wanted to examine her and experiment on her. To find out about Lucatiel, most likely. Well, whatever the reason he would need to try to...reduce the chances of that happening. He did not even want to begin to think what could happen to her when the von Carsteins had the time.

Mello

True Blood
Ellen looks around from her cross-legged position, blinking and a little bewildered from all the questions. Ellen's eyes do light up at the mention of food for free however.

"Well.. uhm, bread.. if you have any spare would be lovely?" Ellen seems to unconsciously wipe her mouth of any drool that might have appeared with a grubby sleeve. "And.. I don't really know where I grew up, sorry. Didn't really have a conventional childhood really..." Ellen smiles in a way that suggests that she isn't, or at least thinks she isn't a child any more.

Ellen looks down at her clothes. Sleeves too long for her so her hands are barely visible, while he trousers had the same problem, except the extra length could be used as a sock. Ellen was totally head to toe covered in grime, hair stringy and wavy and uncut. She looks back up at Helena and scans her over in a similar fashion "Well... I'd say I'm so dirty because I actually work for my food Madam." Ellen says sweetly, without even a hint of malice.

Ellen opens her mouth to reply to the kinder stranger before a beast approaches her. If she felt any fear she didn't display it, simply putting her hands out behind her and leaning back, resting on her hands as she looked up at the monstrosity, like a child looking up into the night sky. "Well... they're kind of hurting me now..." she muttered, eyes dancing across Graveclaw's face before resting firmly on them and looking deep.

Ellen tilts her head to one side as she hears something from a posh sounding man. "If... If you're going to examine me that means we take our clothes off right?" Ellen asks, a sudden tremble of fear in her voice. "And.. I have to call you daddy and stuff? Ellen blushes deeply, before shaking hands start to unbutton the dirt encrusted shirt of hers, shuffling out from under Graveclaw to kneel, walk over to Simon, shrugging the shirt off her shoulders and holding it around her chest like a scarf. "Is... this how you like it?"

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
"Bread it is." Karl says nodding to the maid who bowed and walked off.

"Origins are less important than where you're going...well so they say." Satsu said from his perch with a chuckle which grew louder after Ellen's snarky reply to Helena ..

The Regent ignored the assassin and frowned "What do you mean by hurting?"

The Necrarch Azrel replied "We have placed a binding on her that keeps the spirit from acting, it seems to cause her a little physical discomfort." the assassin sighed "Fragile these mortals."

Leaning back in his chair the Regent shakes his head "Oh no, no...that will never do, this girl is our guest. Release the bonds at once."

"Ahh..." Azrel glanced at Satsu who stood from sitting on the table "My Lord...that may not be wise."

"I believe I said at once." Karl said lazily not even turning to look at the Arch-Assassin.

Satsu give the mage a slight nod and with a shrug Azrel gestured at the girl and muttered under his breath dismissing the wards. "Done."

When Ellen spoke about examining, whilst walking over to Simon, a look of utter disgust and horror flashed across Karl's face which he swiftly dismissed. "No one will ask any such thing of you, not whilst you are under the Triumvirate's protection." the Regent said softly.

As Karl spoke the maid returned with a silver tray which she brought over to Ellen. "My Lady." she said softly although she held onto the tray, waiting for Ellen to take a seat before she would serve her.

On the tray was water, bread and a simple, but exceedingly well made, stew as the maid had deemed it unwise to bring the malnourished child rich food.

Last edited by a moderator:

MasterSpark

Nostalgian
Staff member
True Blood
Helena scoffed amusedly at Ellen's short response. While it had been impudent there was something disarming about the poor, dirty girl that made it seem more forgivable. What Helena didn't like, though, was the irritating noise of Satu's distorted chortling behind her. How she longed to shut him up - and she hadn't even known of the assassin for more than a single night. What Ellen did next when she approached Simon left Helena in a mild shock, however. While the girl's motives were completely unknown she was obviously either mad or it had been the worst attempt at seduction that Helena had ever seen.

Bounce

Varghulf
Elanor watched the small scruffy girl and her companion enter the hall with trepidation. It was in her experience those who seemed smallest and weakest who had some of the most terrifying powers. She was even more disturbed to hear the girl speak. Clearly she had been through several shades of hell. At least it appeared the others including the regent were showing signs of protectiveness. Otherwise Elanor would have had to step forward and defend the child herself. No one should ever be forced into sexual subservience. She could also see the jealousy appearing in Helena now she was no longer the child of the group.

Simon von Carstein

The Poetic Fiend
True Blood
Simon slowly rose to his feet "As the tempting as the idea is my dear. In that regard you really don't have anything that I want. The only thing that makes you special is that spirit connected to your form." He placed his hand gently under her chin and looked at her closely. Karl knew his nephew wasn't looking at her but rather at the spirit within her.

Simon let her go and returned to his seat completely unharmed. "You've obviously had a traumatic life my dear. Though I suspect more from your own kind than from the spirits of the dead. Eat, Drink and restore your intelligence a little and then we'll see about sorting out your appearance." Glancing over to servants he continued "Get her some new clothes and prepare a bath for her." Servants quickly exited.

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member
'Rowhaine!'

Rowhaine finally snapped back into focus.

'I lost you again my love' Asaph voice resounded in his head, the concern the goddess felt apparent 'where were you?'

Rowhaine didn't answer her at first, not sure how to explain the overwhelming rage that had overtaken him. Following Morturian's insults of him, of Lesa and Milosh, he has felt his ire rise. That in itself was nothing abnormal, but this time something else, something darker had surfaced its head. The following internal battle had taken his full attention as he mentally fought to bind and control the anger that nearly broke his control.

'I am not sure' he thought back, not wishing to discuss the fear that he knew the cause, the cause which he thought had long ago been vanquished, 'what has been discussed?'. It took moments to Asaph to bring her champion upto date, along with assurances that he had not shown outwardly anything undue.

"It appears that we have finally decided on clear courses of action," the Champion's deep voice finally spoke, no doubt to the surprise of many after his long silence, "I apologise for not actively engaging in the discussion, however there were reasons for this which will become apparent in the near future." Rowhaine stood, to easily address the gathered Council,

"Before any further discussions, I would suggest however that the relevant groups separate. I believe there is still a high risk of at least one spy amongst use, therefore it would be prudent to operate in self-contained "cells", with all information pertaining to timing, methods, numbers and so confidential to that specific group. That may hopefully allow at least some measure of success. We all have our clear objectives, and any further discussion in wider group on how to achieve that carries risks.

I will join the group going to the Silver Pinnacle. The group going to Colleges in Altdorf is already big enough....possibly too large I fear for a stealthy intrusion, and whilst Walach has substantial forces, they are nothing compared resources Neferata can command. Therefore in agreement with the Regent's previous thoughts, we need to stablise our position and build our strength, powerful alliances are the best way forward.

Having said his thoughts the Champion turned to leave, catching the Regent's eye for a moment, quickly indicating the need to have his attention as soon as possible.

"I must check on the Princess, however I propose that all those going to the Pinnacle meet in an hour to discuss and finalise our plans"

OOC: Please wrap up any discussions in this thread. Separate threads for each of the missions will be started.

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Karl saw Rowhaine's glance and frowned slightly before remembering something "I think you will find Master Nekhlior is with the Princess." he called after the man.

The Regent turned back to look at the mortal girl, once he'd dealt with her then he would go speak with the Champion in private.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Satsu was leaning on the back of Helena's chair, still feeling a little annoyed by the Regent's previous dismissive treatment in regards to spirit girl, he rolled his eyes as the Champion spoke feeling his usual intense dislike of the arrogant mortal.

He waited until Rowhaine was gone before muttering so quietly that only Helena could hear him "'Reasons for this which will become apparent in the near future.'" he quoted "Yea like being mad." Satsu added quietly although without venom.

The assassin straightened up and spoke in a more normal tone "I suppose we should go prepare for our respective journeys then."

MasterSpark

Nostalgian
Staff member
True Blood
Helena was mildly surprised to hear Satsu's whispered words from behind her; apparently they did have some mutual ground after all, although she didn't reply to let him know. She didn't like "the champion" either, whoever he could be. He'd been silent throughout the entire night and only just now did he find it prudent to state his opinion, even though Helena wasn't amazed by his warning of potential spies among them. Indeed, Helena wouldn't trust even a quarter of the people in the room.

"Not when they are dragging in things like that into the castle...", she mused, looking over at the pitiful Ellen. She then looked over to Niklaus, who she noticed had uncharacteristically not said anything for a while, not since the dirty girl had made her approach towards Simon. Helena would have figured that he'd be all over that, meddling to his heart's content. Perhaps he was in league with the girl, the way he likely already is with the wight prince Kithan. She would have to keep an eye on them all, but mostly on Niklaus.

It looked like they would finally be on their way. Helena's chance to prove herself to her family would soon come. She leapt out of her seat with gusto, eager to get going.

"Yes, let us make haste!"

Mello

True Blood
Ellen looks up with a combination of surprise and confusion as the barrier was lifted from. No sooner than a moment later and a deafening bass tone trembled through the building, Ellen's hair flying around wildly in the shockwave, despite her totally bored face. Ellen looked around fast as the trembling note continued, distancing herself from everything, before sitting down with her knees to her chin, moving her lips silently. There was a, impossible to hear over the din, soft crack of marble before the area Ellen was seated in descended into the ground a little, marble flying and cracking everywhere, a perfect impression of a cap of a sphere left there. Dust filled the room and the ground itself shook a little.

Suddenly the sound cut off into equally deafening silence, and the dust began to settle back onto the ground, only small portions of marble trembling inside the indent in the floor belaying any invisible presence. Ellen stood up slowly, reaching over on her tippy toes to take the food and, with gleeful eyes and noisily eats the bread with her hands, biting off large chunks. "This stuff is so fresh!" Ellen mumbles with a totally stuffed mouth, seemingly oblivious to the totally silent room watching her in her mini-crater.

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Satsu's hand went to the handle of his blade but he released it when he saw the Lord Regent.

Karl sat silently, completely unperturbed by the events surrounding Ellen as the seal lifted completely. He watched curiously until the girl's power abated completly and he then smiled faintly.

"Fascinating." he murmured sounding pleased.

Karl stood, this time leaning on his cane to do so rather than simply carrying it. The silver cane tapped off the ground as he strode up past the table.

"It seems you are all well on your ways. I must go and make the proper arrangements."

He paused beside Ellen "My dear, eat your fill and then once the servants have helped you with outfitting you with some cleaner and more pleasant clothing then please come visit me. Any of the servants can show you the way."

With a look around the room the Regent smiled pleasantly "Good day to you all. Satsu with me."

Karl strode out of the room via one of the side entrances near the thrones.

Satsu give a belaboured sigh before glancing at the people who'd be travelling to Altdorf "I'll see you all at the carriages."

Turning the assassin walked off to see what his master wanted.

Last edited:

The Dread King

Staff member
True Blood
Morturion's eyebrows rose as a young girl walked in. It was not odd to see mortals at Castle Drakenhof...all that was odd about it was the incredibly powerful spirit chained to the youth. Actually, that's really quite alarming, Morturion mused, I'd best be on my guard. He watched with interest as events unfolded, andstifled a laugh as Karl assured the Triumvirate would protect Ellen. "Do you know what this place is? Do you know who these people are?" He paused. "Do you what exactly this 'Lucatiel' is?"

The necromancer's expression darkened as Karl commanded Azrel to release the spirit's bonds. He shouted with urgency, "NO! Don't do that! It's too dangerous!" Just as he uttered those final words, the terrible rumbling started. When it came to a stop, Morturion breathed a sigh of relief. He remarked morbidly, "Well, it hasn't killed us yet. Still - " he fixed a hawkish gaze upon Ellen " - I'd best make sure it isn't too...disruptive...in the future, or things could go awry for the both of you."

Morturion finished off his plan for the construction of an undead wyrm with a few more scrawls, a few finishing notes and a final flick of his quill. "Done," he remarked under his breath, and pocketed the parchment with his laboratory pictured in his mind. Instantly, the plan was teleported to his workroom, and necromantic acolytes seized on it, immediately beginning work on the first batch of Morturion's new creations. He then mentally commanded the forces which had set out from the Damned Spire to return; their work was no longer required at the Silver Pinnacle.

His eyes lit up as he sensed that progress was at hand. "Good," he said in response to Rowhaine. Then, he addressed the council as a whole, although his message was mainly intended for those going to the Amethyst College. "I will meet you outside in the courtyard, by the carriages. Come - " the wizard rose up from his seat, and then continued, " - let us finally make this venture to the Amethyst College." With those parting words, Morturion turned around and walked, with measured yet brisk steps, out of the room.

Bounce

Varghulf
"Finally we can leave this dank and dreary place," Elanor said cheerfully. and get away from some of the more dangerous ones amongst us, she added to herself.

As she followed the necromancer she paused by Kavok.
"Ah my brave and handsome knight! I fear we shall be parting ways for a while. I fear I shall be lost without your valiant protection. I hope you can find what you are looking for at Blood Keep."

She leaned in close, close enough she could hear his mortal heart thumping, her fangs itched to dive into his succulent flesh but she resisted with great strength. She whispered softly in his ear. "Trust no one."

She stepped back. "Until we meet again, sir knight," she said and blew him a kiss and walked out of the hall.

Status
Not open for further replies.