• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
Hokay cokay.

Here is my own little corner of warped pervertedness to share my Tale of X Gamers Journey.

Here is what I pledged, with a new addition thanks to Redarmy27:

2 x Banshees (Rackham Models)
56 x Skeletons (36 Undead 4th edition skellies etc & 20 Mantic)
3x Skellie full command (Undead 4th edition skellies / wights models)
1x Corpse Cart (Repainting Ellie the Elephant for those who have seen my plog).
1x Mounted Vamp (5th edition Mounted Blood Dragon - The good one with the lance)
1x Vamp on foot (5th edition Blood Dragon - Counterpart to the cool mounted one)
3x Spirit Hosts (Each base made up of 4 mini wraiths I got off Ebay, no idea who made them)
5x Blood Knights inc full command (GW own)
1x Wight King - New addition

Most of these models are unpainted / undercoated except Ellie. However I will show her being stripped soon.

Pics later.......

Onikaigo

Vampire Lord
True Blood
May 17, 2008
Germany
RE: DoN's Tale of X Gamers Plog of Pulsating Pervertedness

Mmmm, a fitting first post. Not only is the title deliciously fun to say, but you're also stripping Ellie. That sounds dirteh enough to me, indeed. :D

Lookin' forward to this. =P

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008

Just to let you all know I have a new camera arriving on Tuesday, so I will take and upload my pics then.

Sanai

Stylish Deviant
True Blood
Oct 30, 2009
Behind Darvy

A new camera? Does it come with a tripod? and night vision?
Cant wait to see your pics DoN.

Boo

Vampire Lord
True Blood
Feb 13, 2008
The far north, near northrend

Sanai said:
...and night vision?

I want to know that too! :D

Anyway, you've got your works set out for you. Will be interesting to see with such a rich mix of minitures from different labels and timeperiods.

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008

Ok, finally we have some pics. This isn't all my models, just some of them:

ai282.photobucket.com_albums_kk241_MrandMrsGoth_DSCF0021.png
This is Ellie for those who don't know - she is going into some Simple Green shortly and should come out like new!

ai282.photobucket.com_albums_kk241_MrandMrsGoth_DSCF0023.png
Mini Wraiths (normal GW model in background for comparison) - These will be my spirit hosts.

ai282.photobucket.com_albums_kk241_MrandMrsGoth_DSCF0025.png
Some of my old metal skellies.

ai282.photobucket.com_albums_kk241_MrandMrsGoth_DSCF0026.png
Some metal Samurai skellies.

ai282.photobucket.com_albums_kk241_MrandMrsGoth_DSCF0027.png
Some more metal skellies

ai282.photobucket.com_albums_kk241_MrandMrsGoth_DSCF0028.png
Skellie standard bearers

ai282.photobucket.com_albums_kk241_MrandMrsGoth_DSCF0029.png
Skellie Musicians (and yes I know one of them is a zombie, but he's trying to be part of the popular kids)

ai282.photobucket.com_albums_kk241_MrandMrsGoth_DSCF0030.png
Skellie Champs, may double in bigger games as Wight Kings.

ai282.photobucket.com_albums_kk241_MrandMrsGoth_DSCF0031.png
Two rackham's Banshees.

Ok, so what to do this month? I plan to start off easy, so the mini wraiths done with Seth's ethereal technique, plus the two Banshees should be ok.

Sanai

Stylish Deviant
True Blood
Oct 30, 2009
Behind Darvy

DoN, that is a wonderfully eclectic and eccentric array of minis. Ellie looks gorgeous and kinda cute in a creepy dead elephant with a pile of writhing corpses on her back kinda way. Cannot wait to see em all painted up.

Capt Rubber Ducky

Vampire Count
True Blood
Jun 9, 2009

That's a one nice collection of randomly awesome models. At least you won't get tired of having to paint pretty much the same skelly over and over (the GW are all pretty similar).

Anyway good luck, I look forward to seeing ellie painted.

Angel

Ghoul
Mar 26, 2010
Sweden

Cool minis, I especially likes the elephant with the howdah thingy on its back. I'm sure it will look awesome when it is painted.

Santawraith

Master Liche
True Blood
Jun 6, 2010
Wyoming

very nice collection don you must of been playing a long time or picked up alot of classic models. Id love to see you get them all done (start with ellie)

witchking1980

Black Knight
Nov 1, 2009

The models for the spirit hosts are awesome! I am looking forward to see them ghostly painted xD

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008

Thanks for all the comments guys. I have been collecting for a while as well as getting some classic models of Ebay. The Samurai Skellies were just part of a metal skeleton bundle I got of Ebay, no idea who actually made them.

As for the mini-wraiths, they are actually terrible sculpts. Poor definition and detail, the swords actually look like they are holding huge metal rods rather than sharpened edges. However I am hoping once painted they will just blurred / poor outlines will just add to their etherealness.

Project Update: Went to go and file my mini-wraiths to get the ready last night. As I have not looked at them since I got them years ago, I forget they have paint in the recesses from where the previous owner did not strip them fully, and that paint seems to have turned into bloody granite or something. So currently the models are sat in some Simple Green (if that doesn’t work I have some Nitromors), and I should have them ready for undercoating by end of this evening.

Santawraith

Master Liche
True Blood
Jun 6, 2010
Wyoming

They are a ral partha sculpt. I got about 40 of them myself truly awsome figures.

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008

Project update: Simple Green is fantastic! Mini-wraiths are stripped and currently having lines filed off. Ellie, some Blood Knight parts, the Banshees (I didn't undercoat them so I'm stripping and redoing to make sure detail isn't lost), white undercoated Samurai skellies and a poor plastic ghoul have all gone in the Simple Green now. The ghoul is a test to see Simple Green if melts plastic xD

Boo

Vampire Lord
True Blood
Feb 13, 2008
The far north, near northrend

Simple green is fantastic as I have heard. Too bad they don't sell it in Sweden :)

Good progress DoN, keep on going. Want to see some painted updates from you.

Bishop

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Feb 5, 2009
Toronto, Ontario

The ghoul is a test to see Simple Green if melts plastic

Sorry, I missed that earlier... They should be fine, DoN (if soaked for a reasonable amount of time).

I have left some Marines in Simple Green for DAYS! :| (they had quite a bit of yucky thick paint)...

Sanai

Stylish Deviant
True Blood
Oct 30, 2009
Behind Darvy

Goggalor said:
What is simple green? if you dont mind me asking?

I have been waiting for someone to say that.

Simple Green is People.

Jan 8, 2010

I left plastic models sitting in simple green for 5-6 weeks (I forgot about them while I was painting other stuff) and they were fine. If anything, it stripped them better. xD

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008

Project Update: OK, Ellie has now been stripped (the dirty girl :perv:), as well as the Blood Knights, the Samurai skellies that a previous owner undercoated white.

I have no idea what the previous owner of the Banshees undercoated them with, but the Simple Green barely touched them. They have been left for an extra day, (well the end of today), and if no results then it's time to break out the heavy duty stuff,Nitromors!

Will take some pics of naked Ellie later.

TheBlackBey

Skeleton
Jan 17, 2009
New England

Sanai said:
Goggalor said:
What is simple green? if you dont mind me asking?

I have been waiting for someone to say that.

Simple Green is People.

So if we use Green Stuff to create people have we restored harmony to the Universe?

On another note....

DoN is posting pics of stripping Ellie? Who would have ever guessed his painting plog would be the first to get a NSFW rating... :|

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu