• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Arion

Vampire Lord
True Blood
I was thinking more along the lines of an actual name, an example from a book I've been reading is 'Tingtaglia'.
Although some good names may come from description so here goes:

Physical Description:
The dragon is a male, and looks (quite surprisingly really) like the new Highelf dragon, with the long spines and horns on his face, slightly converted in places. His colours are purple and white with darker tones. He suffered a crippling injury in the past (which accounts for his stats). He is agile yet not particularly strong (-1 to hit) and is an ice dragon (a breath of cold, similar to the poison gas).

Personality Description:
He is extremely intelligent and proud despite his injuries and regards most races of the world as a human regards insects. He is loyal to his companions and regards anyone who breaks an oath with him as deserving to die, much like a dwarf.

Thats on the spur of a moment.

Boo

Vampire Lord
True Blood
Feb 13, 2008
The far north, near northrend
The vicious Bane of Kislev, Icewind, The snowmonster, Chillbreath, the names are many for this beast that has plagued the snowblasted lands of proud kislev. But few know and dare utter his real name, for to do so is to call upon the great drake and bring doom upon oneself. It's whispered around the countryside by practitioners of dark arts and the like. The name they know him by is Hee'stien or in the tongue that imperials speak; Hergosten.

:O

that's also on the spur of a moment. :)

The Dark Sheep

Master Vampire
True Blood
Feb 8, 2008
Yeah what's the thing about english and country names? In Norway we use the same names as the natives...

TheAdmiral

Black Knight
Sep 4, 2007
You might want to look at the few known names for Dragons in WHF.

Seraphon (Malekith), Minaithnir (Imrik), Galrauch etc.

Reyasaltien is a fine name though.

carlyse_09

Zombie
Jan 13, 2009
I'm still thinking for some names.Dragon associated with fire and braveness.I will try to have some search first.

cripple

Grave Guard
Jun 17, 2008
State of Washington
I'll have to check Dragonslayer to see if they name the dragon Gotrek and Felix fought.

In general, I've always thought of dragons having names that have a.... Northern European sound to them.

Sweeney Todd

Master Vampire
True Blood
Mar 9, 2008
Singapore
goulking88 said:
not the wussy asian ones

Those aren't dragons, those are oversized snakes. Or to put it another way, the North European dragon is to the Warhammer universe what the Chinese dragon is to little kiddies who think that they can win a war by putting up posters with slogans like 'Slightly Bad Things Please Happen To Our Enemies'

Sweeney Todd

Master Vampire
True Blood
Mar 9, 2008
Singapore
Perhaps, though the Chinese ones are divine creatures and are much more often associated with timely rains, good harvests, etc. They're waaaay too pretty to fit into Warhammer though

And once again I overdid my post, in my defence I'll claim to be under the influence of the narcotic known as 'Discworld novels'. Out of the top of my head i'll suggest Skellige in answer to the original question.

Spartan

Skeleton
Feb 9, 2009
Here are a couple I think might suit:
CATTEGIRN: Welsh meaning "battle lord"

VORTIGERN: Old Welsh meaning "High Lord"

GUNDISALV: meaning "battle genius"

XIUHCOATL: Nahuatl unisex name meaning "fire serpent" or "weapon of destruction."

ASKOOK: Native American Algonquin name meaning "snake."

ASTAROT: In demonology, this is the name of a Prince of Hell, meaning "leading one" or "the chief." He is depicted in the Dictionnaire Infernal as a nude man with dragon-like wings, hands and feet, a second pair of feathered wings, and a crown. He is holding a serpent in one hand while riding a wolf-like beast.

EHECATL: Nahuatl name meaning "wind serpent."

NIDHOGG: Anglicized form of Old Norse Níðhöggr, meaning "dreaded striker." In mythology, this is the name of a dragon or serpent who gnaws at the roots of the world tree Yggdrasill.

ORMARR: Old Norse name composed of the elements orm "serpent" and herr "army," hence "serpent army."

Ricw

Grave Guard
Nov 4, 2008
I use the term Askarius as a favorite fantasy name. I use it for my Vampire General (caster) but it could be used for a dragon also.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu