• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Borgnine

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jun 15, 2013
Pruszkow, Poland
After some hiatus (for which I am sorry about) we are going again with the next competition - and the new topic is "Creatures of the Night", as proposed by @Farmer7574 !

So generally it's all about the creatures and monsters that can be found in an undead army - bats big and small, wolves, vargheists, varghulfs, zombie dragons, carrions, zombie millipedes, you name it. If you are not sure if your idea fits with the topic, ask away and get your doubts cleared :)

Original models and conversions allowed.

The Prize: The winner earns the glory and a place in the Hall of Infamy thread. The winner also gets to select the theme of the next painting challenge.

The Rules:
  • All models entered should not have been painted more than a year ago from the date the entry thread is closed. This will not be enforced but violators will politely be asked to retract their entry.
  • All miniatures presented must have been painted by the entrant.
  • Max one entry per person.
  • Max 3 images per entry (including pictures in collages), of reasonable size.
  • No voting for your own entry.
  • No model can be entered into several challenges.
  • For every started set of 5 entries, each member gets a single vote (for example: with 7 entries everyone would get 2 votes).
  • Open entries and open voting. Everyone can see who painted what.
  • Models can be of any manufacturer and conversion but must fulfill all the criteria of the given theme.
  • If no decision on the next theme is made within a week of the winner announcement, the decision falls to the competition organizer.

The Schedule:
Week 1, Monday: Theme announcement and entry thread created
Week 7, Sunday: Entry thread closed. Voting thread opened.
Week 9, Sunday: Voting thread closed. Result announced. Winner asked about next theme.

This thread is now open for people to post their entries. Please state a name of the miniature along with the pictures (ex: Vampire Lord or Countess Squigmachine). The thread closes on the 13th of October 2019 at (roughly) 23:59 CET (but we are not in a hurry, we can easily extend it much longer if someone needs to finish their entry)

And a list of subscribers who will get a notification about the competition (you don't have to be listed here to enter!):

@robtion
@Adam_Barrow
@Eyeless
@Mad 'At
@Azakael
@Shadespyre
@Farmer7574
@Devour the Cabbage
@Nikos
@Leithel
@Mioum
@Angie
@Sessioni
@Pigbones
@Raizi
@Nagash Worshiper
@Unas the slayer
@edwardvlad
@Theerteen
@Malisteen

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
Aug 20, 2012
Germany
Ah nice, that's something even more open than our last one (which I really wanted to participate in, but the circus ate too much time ;) ), so let me get started here with the guy I already postet in my plog. Fitting the theme, the mount is certainly a creature, if you have suggestions which species would fit best, I'm open :D

Mounted Revenant King

pwAcR35.jpg

oNQHy0Q.jpg

Iqdo5bq.jpg

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
Aug 20, 2012
Germany
Is there ever an end to come? :D

I have one left, but there is too much work to do because I try master the next step in modelling - LED light. So no ZD for me until my neighbour finished printing the battery socket :ghost:

Farmer7574

Vampire Count
True Blood
Dec 10, 2013
England
Awesome! Great job @Borgnine

I've got those Vargs to get done alongside a bunch of grave guard. The deadline is perfect too, coinciding with the rough date that I've given myself to get those things done by. Time to get to work!

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
Aug 20, 2012
Germany
Ouh nice one! Where is that guy coming from? Never seen it before. Cooool painting, I love the classic green zombie style!

Shadespyre

Vampire Count
Aug 11, 2012
It's just called "Zombie Dragon". It's from the Reaper Bones range, I got it in the last Kickstarter, I'm not sure it's available retail yet.

Unas the slayer

Staff member
Jan 1, 2017
Northern Italy
Here we are.

"Creatures of the night".... then, NIGHThaunts!

Here's one of their new commanders: Reikenor the Grimhailer. I've kept a darker tone of green for the mount.

Reikenor 1.jpg

Reikenor 2.jpg

and a detail of the base:

Reikenor base.jpg

Farmer7574

Vampire Count
True Blood
Dec 10, 2013
England
Awesome work so far guys!

I’ve got two Vargs down so far. They’re coming along slowly but I’m aiming for that deadline...

Farmer7574

Vampire Count
True Blood
Dec 10, 2013
England
Would you guys mind pushing the deadline back by a week? It’s slow progress here and I’d like to get a bit more done for my entry.

Farmer7574

Vampire Count
True Blood
Dec 10, 2013
England
@Borgnine Thanks mate, that’s good to know because I’ve finished my entry but since experienced a power cut before having the chance to photograph them. :swear:

Please bear with me until Monday chaps when I have time to get pictures done.

Cheers,
Farmer

robtion

Vampire Thrall
Aug 23, 2011
Australia
IMG_20191021_160639.jpg
Last minute surprise entry, just for variety. A sewer golem from one of the villages bordering the woods, that has been reclaimed by the evil forest. Counts as a vargulf I suppose.

Also, great entries everyone :thumbsup:

Unas the slayer

Staff member
Jan 1, 2017
Northern Italy
Last minute surprise entry, just for variety. A sewer golem from one of the villages bordering the woods, that has been reclaimed by the evil forest. Counts as a vargulf I suppose.

that's really interesting, and a very unique model.
Couldn't you take a couple of additional pics from different points of view? ;)

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu