Entry Thread - Turning the World to Darkness: Die by the Sword

  • The masquerade of murder returns! A new game of Vampires Amongst Us has begun. Unmask the killers, trust no one, and try to survive the night. Find out more and sign up now!
Welcome to the next instance of Turning the World to Darkness competition!

In the Turning the World to Darkness we pick a different theme each time, and the goal is to represent the theme or find ways to turn it to the ways of undead!

The theme of this competition, as chosen by Raven Torrid, the winner of the June/July competition, is “Die by the Sword”! ⚔️

The Kastelai are an obvious fit, but so are...undead Empire Greatswords? Ghastly Bretonnians? Maybe even a duel diorama! Think relentless warriors, knightly orders and martial prowess.
You are also encouraged to use models or parts from whatever army you feel like, not restricted to undead only. It could be a single model or a whole unit of them, of all scales and sizes.

Original models (sculpts) and conversions are allowed.

The Prize: The winner earns the glory and a place in the Hall of Infamy thread and a forum medal once they are available. The winner also gets to select the theme of the next painting challenge (note that the winner only has a weekend to present the decision, so please be prepared and available).

The Rules:
  • All models entered should not have been painted more than a year ago from the date the entry thread is closed. This will not be enforced but violators will politely be asked to retract their entry.
  • All miniatures presented must have been painted by the entrant.
  • Max one entry per person.
  • Max 3 images per entry (including pictures in collages), of reasonable size.
  • No voting for your own entry.
  • No model can be entered into several challenges.
  • Open entries and open voting. Everyone can see who painted what.
  • Models can be of any manufacturer and conversion but must fulfill all the criteria of the given theme.
  • If no decision on the next theme is made within a week of the winner announcement, the decision falls to the competition organizer.

The Schedule:

Week 1, Monday: Theme announcement and entry thread created.
Week 6, Monday: Entry thread closed. Voting thread opened.
Week 8, Sunday: Voting thread closed. Result announced. Winner asked about next theme.


This thread is now open for people to post their entries. Please state a name of the entry along with the pictures. The thread closes on the 29th of August 2022 at (roughly) 23:59 CET (but we are not in a hurry, we can easily extend it if someone needs to finish their entry). You can also comment and discuss in this thread, it is not restricted exclusively for entries.
 
Hrm. I haven't entered my current vampire lord in one of these threads yet, have I? When did I paint it - late last summer, I think? Oh, I know exactly when I finished it, because I actually did youtube videos covering my paint scheme! And a quick check...

Shoot. August 31. About Two weeks too early to enter in this thread. And I don't think I really painted anything that might fit the theme since then. Eh, maybe I can get something together in the next few weeks. We'll see.

Edit:
If you decide to paint something new anyway, that's great, but if you won't make it in time, feel free to enter the Vampire Lord.

We'll see then. I have stuff in my pile of shame that could fit the theme for each of the four AoS undead armies, but I also have 30k commission work that must be done first, so I'm not sure if I'll have the time or motivation to paint anything of my own. If not I'll accept your exception and throw up the vamp lord, as I am still quite proud of her.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: The Sun King
Hrm. I haven't entered my current vampire lord in one of these threads yet, have I? When did I paint it - late last summer, I think? Oh, I know exactly when I finished it, because I actually did youtube videos covering my paint scheme! And a quick check...

Shoot. August 31. About Two weeks too early to enter in this thread. And I don't think really painted anything that might fit the theme since then. Eh, maybe I can get something together in the next few weeks. We'll see.
Technically it's actually two days, but either way, I'm sure we can make an...exSception. *ba-dum-tss* 😎

If you decide to paint something new anyway, that's great, but if you won't make it in time, feel free to enter the Vampire Lord. 😉
 
As promised, here's my entry:



CLASH OF BLADES


two very different kind of swords face each other, in the last stand of the saurus warriors!


Clash of Blades 1.webp


Clash of Blades 2.webp


Clash of Blades 3.webp
 
I got a little conversion done!
CUwKQLQm.webp

A Vampire with a sword like that, I figure someone is bound to die by it... At least that was always the case back in 6th edition, when great weapon was standard issue for my vamps. I guess this old school model is sort of an homage to good old times.😊
Anyway, a little gravel on the base and I reckon he's ready for primer.
 
I love that color scheme for nighthaunt! Almost makes me wish I weren't already comitted to my own.

.....

Anyway, it's become plenty clear to me that I'm not going to get any painting done any time soon, not of my own stuff anyway, so yeah, here's my Vampire Lord, Etelyn Von Drak, from last year's brief flirtation with productivity:

vlord01.webp


vlord03.webp


vlord04.webp
 

About us

  • Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu