• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Borgnine

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jun 15, 2013
Pruszkow, Poland
Late as always, but not yet dead...

As agreed between me and @robtion , winners of the previous one, the topic for our new competition is 'The Beauty and the Beast'! As it is usually with the more 'poetic' of our topics, this one is rather open to interpretation, but mostly it's about some kind of contrast - a Vampiress riding an abyssal terror, a pretty peasant who is now a zombie, an elf battling a Varghulf - that sort of stuff. Or, you know, the undead versions of Disney characters, why not?
Original models and conversions allowed.

The Prize: The winner earns the glory and a place in the Hall of Infamy thread. The winner also gets to select the theme of the next painting challenge.

The Rules:
  • All models entered should not have been painted more than a year ago from the date the entry thread is closed. This will not be enforced but violators will politely be asked to retract their entry.
  • All miniatures presented must have been painted by the entrant.
  • Max one entry per person.
  • Max 3 images per entry (including pictures in collages), of reasonable size.
  • No voting for your own entry.
  • No model can be entered into several challenges.
  • For every started set of 5 entries, each member gets a single vote (for example: with 7 entries everyone would get 2 votes).
  • Open entries and open voting. Everyone can see who painted what.
  • Models can be of any manufacturer and conversion but must fulfill all the criteria of the given theme.
  • If no decision on the next theme is made within a week of the winner announcement, the decision falls to the competition organizer.

The (Rough) Schedule:
Week 1, Monday: Theme announcement and entry thread created
Week 7, Sunday: Entry thread closed. Voting thread opened.
Week 9, Sunday: Voting thread closed. Result announced. Winner asked about next theme.

This thread is now open for people to post their entries. Please state the name of the miniature along with the pictures (ex: Vampire Lord or Countess Squigmachine). The thread closes whenever we have at least two entries...

And a list of subscribers who will get a notification about the competition (you don't have to be listed here to enter!):

@robtion
@Adam_Barrow
@Eyeless
@Mad 'At
@Azakael
@Shadespyre
@Farmer7574
@Devour the Cabbage
@Nikos
@Leithel
@Mioum
@Angie
@Sessioni
@Pigbones
@Raizi
@Nagash Worshiper
@Unas the slayer
@edwardvlad
@Theerteen
@Malisteen

Last edited:

Shadespyre

Vampire Count
Aug 11, 2012
Typical! There was a 5 year period where all I was painting was suitable entries for this category! I guess I'll just have to find some more beautiful lady vampires or something? :tongue:

Farmer7574

Vampire Count
True Blood
Dec 10, 2013
England
It seems to have gone a bit quiet here lately, I’m guilty for that also :redface:

I have a decent candidate for this topic. Perhaps we could renew the deadline for this one if we have enough interest?

Farmer7574

Vampire Count
True Blood
Dec 10, 2013
England
@Devour the Cabbage I think some DoK minis would suit this topic well :)

It’s great to see some belated interest here, maybe we can give it a week or so to see if anyone else wants to participate?

Borgnine

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jun 15, 2013
Pruszkow, Poland
Hey there everyone,

the activity here is drying out and the competition follows suit... I extended the deadline to whenever there are at least two entries, I don't see the reason to try giving a concrete date.

Real life happened and I haven't painted anything for two months already, I'm just coasting on some backlog - and nothing there really fits the topic, so I won't be participating. I wish all the best to whoever wishes to enter here with something ;)

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu