Favourite non-Vampire Counts army

  • The masquerade of murder returns! A new game of Vampires Amongst Us has begun. Unmask the killers, trust no one, and try to survive the night. Find out more and sign up now!

Apart from Vampire Counts, what is your favourite Warhammer Fantasy army?

  • Skaven

    Votes: 9 7.6%
  • Brettonia

    Votes: 13 11.0%
  • Empire

    Votes: 11 9.3%
  • Warriors of Chaos

    Votes: 11 9.3%
  • Daemons of Chaos

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Tomb Kings

    Votes: 6 5.1%
  • High Elves

    Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Dark Elves

    Votes: 15 12.7%
  • Wood Elves

    Votes: 9 7.6%
  • Orcs and Goblins

    Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Ogre Kingdoms

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Beastmen

    Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Dwarfs

    Votes: 7 5.9%
  • Lizardmen

    Votes: 7 5.9%

  • Total voters
    118
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.
My first army was Orcs and Goblins, WAAAAAAAAYYYYYY back, The Kev Adams greenies were only bettered by the Orc Shaman that Brian Nelson sculpted!
 
Wheres the Tomb King Love? An ancient proud and powerful race of people, doomed to undeath by the wiles of a powerful magician, cursed to spend eternity in there state of decay surrounded by crumbling monuments of there ancient power? Talk about tragic heroes....
 
Empire is my current second army, and I love the late medieval german imagery alot. That said, lately my heart strings have been getting pulled by the ogres actually, and fluff wise I love the skaven, but not sure that their playstyle matches mine, and I AM sure I don't want to paint that many frickin slaves ...
 
I must have been one of the only people to vote for Lizardmen, they're really fun to play but probably because they're the total opposite of Vampire Counts. I mean, not only do you have to learn what charge reactions are, you actually have to use them in order to win.
Although that being said, they're a bit too goody good! Praise be to Nagash!
 
The brutality that is Beastmen. Who else has banners made from human skin? In game a fully kitted Doombull is also one of the few lords that stand a chance against a fully kitted Vampire Lord... So they are pretty powerful even though people think they suck
 
Well I'd agree that they are most brutal, except for the WoC faction that has cloaks made of dark elf skin :) they worship Nurgle
 
Where's the Chaos Dwarfs? First army I loved following my first beloved army of VC. Yes, I played them in the Ravening Hordes days. They were AMAZING and often under estimated.

After that? Nurgle Chaos (yes, Nurgle be it warriors or daemons) followed by the Empire. Empire was my first army that I built, and though VC were my 2nd built army... VC were the first army I played heavily.

After that, it's more appreciation for the fluff of Skaven.
 
Toss up between Skaven and Beastmen.

I'm surprised to see the Skaven love around here, most people in my group loath them :P I have my brothers old army and the new book, so they are technically my second army. Haven't finalized a list yet but they look like a lot of fun!

Beastmen I've been into since I was a kid. Back in the day I had a chaos army mostly focused on Beastmen. Never actually played WH back then. LOVE the look of the new army and will probably take them as another army soon.
 
@Dancing Skeleton I play Skaven as my secondary army as well. Inch for inch, I don't think there's another army that tops the rats for pure fun. They're hilarious. I love losing to my own armybook when something nasty blows up and sends 50% of my points running off the board.
 
During my earlier dabbling in Warhammer when I was a wee nipper, I had warbands of Undead, Chaos Warriors and Empire. These days it's definitely Vampire Counts, followed by Lizardmen, then Dark Elves, then possibly Skaven (on account of the figures in Island of Blood being so awesome + the doomwheel is hilarious). Lizardmen and Dark Elves are constantly scrapping for second place in my favour but Lizardmen generally have the edge. I already have a battalion (only have a repeater bolt thrower for DE) plus the larger scale models for Lizzies are AWESOME whereas with the exception of the Hydra, I'm really not that fussed about DE larger models. The Cauldron of Blood/Medusae kit can stay on the shelf thanks.
 
For me it's the good old stunties xd Dwarfs was my first army and whilst it was short lived I really like their background, their character (drunk grudge-holding slayers! Xd), as well as their runic items. Hmmmm....makes me want to start them again....
 
If it didn't require painting another horde army which I am semi promising not to do for a long time it would likely be Empire however I loved my run with my Druchii before I sold them. But Ogres are likely my next army if I start building a new second army after selling my druchii, Dogs of war, Nurgle Demons, and my Protectorate War Machine Models.
 
Got to be OnG. Love my Savage Orc army, great and random fun. The best thing about the greenies is that even when everything goes wrong and you lose control of your army, they're so fun you just don't care! The only army I've played where they're as fun to lose with as win with. Or lose against for that matter.
 
Was helping one of the younger gamers out yesterday with his Empire army... kind of made me want to start up with Empire... resisting them temptation. Must... get... VC... painted....
 
This is the gamers curse my friend, resist! Trust me, you don't want to flit from army to army before any are completed. Better to stick with one until it's up to a decent, fully painted size, then move on to something else when you've gotten good use from it.
 
Amazing how little people vote for Daemons and Ogres....
But how many vote for Darkelves!! omfg, i hate anything elf. The worst are the highelfs, selfconscious selfrighteous wankers... their direct darkelf nephews arent much better.
If i ever touch an elf army it would be woodelfs since they closed themselves off from the rest and only have interest in their forests, but really id try to stay away even from them.
 
Skaven are my all-time warhammer favorites -- I've been collecting bits and pieces for my inevitable skaven force since I started back into the game, but I'm waiting until I have more experience before painting them. I want them to be top-notch. It makes me nervous thinking about painting them and screwing them up.

96040267-92DF-49CF-8F75-C426DF6C5172-70169-0000148DB4C4C449.webp

This is my leg and my first tattoo, which is 13+1 years old now (the tattoo not the leg), so I've been carrying the sign of the great horned rat since the 90's.

After the glorious ratmen, it's a tie between vampire counts and beastmen. Have the majority of stuff I need for my beasts, but the vamps have my attention for the time being.
 

About us

  • Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu