• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Richie

Necromancer
Sep 1, 2007
In the biscuit cupboard
Hey's a little proof that I do actually try new things (Wolffang :P )

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v697_N_large_AUT_0796.jpg
aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v697_N_large_AUT_0797.jpg

She's only about 40% complete at the moment and only everything below her belt is finished. Everything above is still very much being chaged and sculpted.

Its actually based on another mini sculpted by Werner Klock in 54 mm (I personally think he is the best mini sculptor out there). However it is also based on Amelia from twice damned too.

Hopefully more pictures next week and this will give you an idea of what to expect in the watchman article that is coming up. (though it is not about this sculpt)

Bug16

Vampire Count
True Blood
Aug 30, 2007
Richie said:
I'm affraid not, due to it being based on an existing miniature and artwork that is owned by Reaper miniatures I cannot legally cast it.

See if Reaper are interested in buying the sculpt from you? Hey you never know. :)

Richie

Necromancer
Sep 1, 2007
In the biscuit cupboard
Er this sculpt already exists, the only difference is the version they have is 54mm and the only I am doing is 28mm (the mini itself is awsome)

monique_de_noir1.jpg

Richie

Necromancer
Sep 1, 2007
In the biscuit cupboard
Thanks Arion,

Here's an update from behind. As you can see the shoulder pads on the upper arm are still major WIPS and will need a few more layers before they look anything like the 54mm mini, I hope everyone likes where this is going, more photos soon.
aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v600_richiboy_AUT_0801.jpg

Richie

Necromancer
Sep 1, 2007
In the biscuit cupboard
Here's some more pictures, I'll see if I can't make a tutorial on sculpting large and detailed armour plates while I am at it. Please bare in mind some of these armoured plates are still being worked on.
aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v600_richiboy_AUT_0799.jpg
aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v600_richiboy_AUT_0800.jpg

Richie

Necromancer
Sep 1, 2007
In the biscuit cupboard
Thanks guys, as I said before this miniature will not be getting cast.

I can provide pictures of the tools I use but it will have to wait for a while as the tool photo in question is being reserved for another article at the moment.

Richie

Necromancer
Sep 1, 2007
In the biscuit cupboard
Figured I had kept you all waiting long enough so here are some more pictures.

First off the shield and shield arm. Its a shame I can't zoom in closer without messing up the focus as she has a ringer around her index finger.
aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v600_richiboy_AUT_0812.jpg
aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v600_richiboy_AUT_0814.jpg
aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v600_richiboy_AUT_0815.jpg

Once I finish the outside details of the shield I can attach it to the body and then begin to work on the face and hair.
aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v600_richiboy_AUT_0816.jpg
aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v600_richiboy_AUT_0817.jpg

Richie

Necromancer
Sep 1, 2007
In the biscuit cupboard
Thanks guys,

A few questiosn answered, yup the arm is completely green stuff, though its obviously built up in stages.

As for tutorials I can kind of do them, but if you're talking about complete miniature tutorials I have only done one (and its not released yet) I don't tend to do them for one simple reason, every person has their own style of sculpting. I have looked at various tutorials when it comes to things like heads and faces but I found that I got better results by adapting them to my own style rather than follow them word for word.

One thing that is VITAL in sculpting is this, the more effort you put in the better the end result. A good example of this are the fingers above, I could have just added a ball of putty and sepperated them into fingers, but you get a much better result if you add the fingers one by one even though it takes more time. The index finger is a good example.

The same applies to muscles, take the tricep muscle for example (do a google if you don't know where it is :P) the name means "three heads" and it does have three heads, so when I sculpt it I make and add each head sepperately as it looks much better than just adding one blob and splitting it up.

Wolf Fang

Vampire Count
True Blood
Aug 15, 2007
Wow, I can't believe I missed this so far. :o I'm going to refrain from posting a judgement untill I see the head, but I hardly think you will mess it up now as so far it's brilliant. :D

Cheers, Wolfie

Richie

Necromancer
Sep 1, 2007
In the biscuit cupboard
Thanks Wolfy :P, more updated pictures, I am doing well I think but I am waiting for some advice on face sculpture work written by Werner Klocke (the guy who sculpted the original) to arrive in the post.

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v600_richiboy_AUT_0821.jpg
aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v600_richiboy_AUT_0820.jpg
aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v600_richiboy_AUT_0819.jpg

The Dark Lord Mr Fluffy

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Dec 23, 2007
Eire
Wow! I think I'm either in love with that model or filled with contempt for your supa skillz (which certainly pay the billz). I can only hope the head is as good (or better, if thats humanly possible) then the body so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu