Flesh eaters battle tome!!!

  • The masquerade of murder returns! A new game of Vampires Amongst Us has begun. Unmask the killers, trust no one, and try to survive the night. Find out more and sign up now!
On the other hand... the much improved Zombie Dragon is exactly what the doctor ordered! 3 bites rather than 2, a -3 rend breath weapon that auto hits infantry and wounds on a 2+ and 7 claw attacks! Fantastic.
 
That is pretty tasty.

We're also likely to see 2 to 3 formations in the book, which may have their own juicy bonuses. If one of those formations hands out a to-hit buff, I'd be inclined to call it near mandatory for ghoul lists. If not, well, maybe we'll get something worthwhile, and maybe not. The Charnel pit formation's back on the app, and it's honestly not that bad to begin with.
 
It seems GW may actually be going in that direction.

Back to the subject, I have always played a heavy ghoul army, even in 8th. Mainly because I didn't have many ethereal or skeleton heros. I am a bit worried that the new warscrolls are going to make my ghoul army into a meazly zombie tar pit in comparison to some of the enemies I'll be facing.
 
Edit: Gah! Now can't summon Crypt Horrors. They also changed the names of the crypt horror abilities to make them sound less canibalistic. Which is dumb based on how they modelled.

Look at it from an another point of view. The ghoul kings are mad and delusioned. They think of themselves as of kings (Brettonia-style), regular ghouls are their man-at arms (they are even called so in the ghast hero ability text), horrors and flayers are proud knights, and varghulfs are shining paladins.

The new ability names represent this, I think. Look at the Varghulf's ability "Victory feast". The Ghoul King will see his loyal paladin organizing a feast of finest delicacies and wine to celebrate the victory, while any other observer will see a monstrous Varghulf devouring the corpses of the enemies he just slaughtered.

All the "King's Court" thing is a grim joke, a macabre parody, a vicious mockery of a real king's court. I like the whole theme, and the new abitity names are intended to support this flavour.

This is all IMHO, feel free to disagree.
 
I get what they're going for with the perverted court. I just prefer actual opulence with my Von Carsteins to the ghoul esthetic. I like how they used to look down on ghoul kings for being too barbaric. Purely a personal taste thing.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: Dragonet
Looking forward to seeing the soul blight tome when it comes out. It'll probably have more of what I like best about VC.
Bestimmt, they must be quite vampires we know since the times out of mind. Especially if they will do plastic blood knights.
I wonder if the next thing will be Undead Centaurs and they will put Grave Guard torsos on skeletal steeds necks?
Well, that would not be that bad, especially because there are already such variants :)
 

Attachments

  • undead_centaurus_of_aheron_2_by_warwolf1973-d8nogbv.webp
    undead_centaurus_of_aheron_2_by_warwolf1973-d8nogbv.webp
    76.5 KB · Views: 65
I also if they will do tomes for each of the old bloodlines.

This seems extremely unlikely, given that we just got the ghoul king tome, and while I haven't read the fluff of it to see if the word Strigoi has been mentioned, it remains removed from the ghoul king names. If they were doing the old bloodlines, they'd all be "Strigoi Ghoul Kings" and not "Abhorrent Ghoul Kings".

I wouldn't be shocked to see some more vampire variants reminiscent of old bloodlins. A dedicated caster vampire, decrepit and nosferatu looking, as a mechanical counterpoint to Tzeentch's Gaunt Summoners, of an expansion of the themes built into the Coven Throne's handmaidens or the Blood knights.

But I doubt they're going to go back to full on bloodlines, whether in fluff or mechanics.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Menkeroth
Are there paint schemes or how to paint ideas in Battletomes? this will be my first one and i'm still looking for a theme for the flesh eaters.
 
ok guys i just got my hand on this tome and i like it =D haven't read the fluff yet but there's a hierarchy, some ghoul kings worth of mention, and their relationship with Nagash. As for the rules this tome contains 3 battleplans one of which is for 3 players, and 9 battalions which some of them are quite easy to get as they require only basic units and a hero and they do give quite decent bonuses =D quite good for our first battle tome if you ask me. Also i got one of those new big boxes the king's ghoulish host which is an amazing deal and also features an exclusive battalion for it =]

13221223_10154269830568291_5174878217911877685_o.webp
 
Congratulations, brothers, with our first very battletome ^_^ waiting was long but at last. Interesting, are the ghoul kings still those savage bestial vampires?

I still need to read up on them, will give you a better answer later on but as far as i know yes they still are.
 

About us

  • Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu