gamezone mournful knights comparison

  • The masquerade of murder returns! A new game of Vampires Amongst Us has begun. Unmask the killers, trust no one, and try to survive the night. Find out more and sign up now!
Resin is easier to convert.
If you want to talk superior plastic gets my vote. ;)

Also remember when metal bends the paint cracks and flakes, not the same with resin.

Back to the comparison though, I find BK vastly superior to those models, yes they can be used as characters but I on't think they match up well and they take away the chance for beautiful conversions.
 
Well Duke, if I put my resin models under a lamp, they warp. Metal doesn't warp, and it doesn't bend if you do this amazing little thing called... being careful! ;)
 
Seems like putting resin under a hot lamp is anything but careful....

Resin every time if its available!!

Have a problem do we? I didn't put the models under a lamp. I simply left them to stand on my table and they began to warp from the ambient temperature of my room from central heating and other sources of heat, the lamp was just an example. Also comparing Finecrap to good quality resin is an insult to resin. Finecast doesn't have a terrible reputation for nothing you know.
 
Only if you have a problem with people having different views to you mate?

I don't have any fine cast resin mate, I do have resin Blood Knights and find them much less of a hassle for conversions than their metal cousins.

Thusly I prefer resin over metal for its weight, ease of which to work with/cut/drill etc and how paint doesn't rub off as easily (even after varnish).
 
All right guys, let's leave this detour from the original topic. It is OK to acknowledge the existence of illegal recasts of GW's models but they shouldn't be discussed in public.
 
Here's a few size comparison for you guys (sorry for the phone pics, camera is seemingly dead);

From left to right, Blood Knight, Empire Knight, Mournful Knight, Black Knight.
q3HzgQW.jpg



Sandwiched between two Blood Knights;
vOgG22K.jpg



More at home with Black Knights;
PGgGxlQ.jpg
 
Thanks for the comparison photo. The scale photo looks fine to me; if anything the blood knight looks larger than 'normal' warhammer scale.

All the best

Martin
 
Blood Knights are supposed to look larger because they're more deadly than all other cavalry in the game, and in the background. They're supposed to look intimidating and dangerous, and giving them a larger profile than other cavalry models achieves that look, while making them look less intimidating than monstrous cavalry units. But you should know that already.

Anyway thanks for the photos Borgnine. The Mournful Knights aren't as small as I thought they would be but they are still significantly smaller than the Blood Knights.
 
You need to apply many layers of gloss varnish then one layer of matte / satin varnish to get rid of the shine. You have to apply it with a brush and leave it to dry between layers. It takes a while but it provides solid protection when done properly and the paint will not come off under normal circumstances.
 
You say that but they will still chip and its always things like noses, hands etc, the parts you spend time highlighting and blending you lose, this is why I hate metal.
Speaking as someone who has a Sisters of battle army as well I think this is a good point. :P
 
You're entitled to your opinion but I know the facts, and the fact is that if you varnish your models properly and with care, and treat them carefully and don't handle them roughly, then you will be fine and you will never have chipped models. The only possible reason if you've applied the varnish properly that your models could chip is if you are handling them roughly and throwing them around.
 

About us

  • Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu