• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

TVC II OOC General OOC Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghouly

Liche
True Blood
Well it sure as hell isn't Graveclaw I can tell you that much its way to wimpy, and you know what I kind of want DoN to remove it

The Dread King

Staff member
True Blood
Ghouly said:
Well it sure as hell isn't Graveclaw I can tell you that much its way to wimpy, and you know what I kind of want DoN to remove it
What I'm seeing here is something too rage mode, or something that ghouly might think is a bit too much in the opposite direction. Perhaps all the RPers should each make a modified version of DoN's graveclaw post here in the OOC thread , and then we can see which one ghouly likes best (and which one the whole lot of us like best). From there, Ghouly and DoN can see clearly which direction they want to take Graveclaw in.

Ghouly

Liche
True Blood
No we don't need to do that.... I've already made the revisions in my head instead of :vampire3: Graveclaw is going to simply endure the council kind of like the 2AM mosquito in your bedroom close his eyes and think happy thoughts

Harland

The Colonel
True Blood
Ghouly said:
Harland said:
paaaaaaaaaaaaaaatttiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeenceeee
NO!!:mad2:
Why not? Not everything in this roleplay has to happen at a lightning-fast pace.

Ghouly said:
Really? If I remember correctly, you said that you had no ideas on what to do with Graveclaw, and you asked DoN to take over him for you and see what he could do with your character. Now you are saying you want the post to be taken down? You asked DoN to write Graveclaw for you; he put time and effort into fulfilling your request and now you're telling him, and not particularly civilly I might add, that he is wrong.

Ghouly

Liche
True Blood
Harland said:
Why not? Not everything in this roleplay has to happen at a lightning-fast pace.

Really? If I remember correctly, you said that you had no ideas on what to do with Graveclaw, and you asked DoN to take over him for you and see what he could do with your character. Now you are saying you want the post to be taken down? You asked DoN to write Graveclaw for you; he put time and effort into fulfilling your request and now you're telling him, and not particularly civilly I might add, that he is wrong.
question 1. but it still needs to progress, not stagnate like Chapter 4 is doing we're 14 pages in and haven't even gotten to the point of the chapter.

question 2. well I expected TVC 1 awesomeness I didn't expect Graveclaw to get completely castrated into that Sparkly wuss

The Dread King

Staff member
True Blood
Speaking of DoN, there have been several questions directed at Anya that have yet to be answered. And Ghouly has to respond to recent posts in chapter 4 too. Without posts from one of these two soon, chapter 4 could slow down. But it's fine at the moment, so I'm not too worried about it, just noticed both Ghouly and DoN were online. xD

Edit: argh! I was ninja'd! And Ghouly, you might want to recognize that DoN did do his best. He made a good attempt, and he has limited time. Even if his post didn't suit you, you could show a bit of respect for the effort. Not that you didn't show respect, you'd just need to do it more clearly. :thumbsup:

Ghouly

Liche
True Blood
I'm always online everyday all day damn the need for eight hours of sleep, and I'm trying to give everyone a chance to post otherwise I might end up high-jacking the entire RP :(

and yes DoNs post was beautiful just his characterization of Graveclaw was off he's acting to soft Graveclaw is ment to be rock hard

Shareya

Vampire Count
True Blood
From what I have heard, it's only good that some things from TVC1 are not to be repeated xD ( I am thinking about the extra over the top/powerful characters ).

Harland

The Colonel
True Blood
If you are so sure about Graveclaw's character then why did you give him up in the first place? It was your entire reason for doing so.

And chapter 4 has not stagnated. Instead of letting it die in DoN's absence, we improvised. Stuff happened. Now currently I am in the midst of a surge of exams (end Friday), so I don't have the mental energy to write a long post.

And both of you, remember that this roleplay, just like all others, is a communal affair. As a community project, a healthy amount of patience must be exercised by everyone for everyone. DoN is sorting his life out at the moment, and he is dedicating a lot of his free time to do as much as he can. He is probably completely aware that he is behind, and you guys constantly reminding him of this probably isn't helping. Even worse is condemning what he has put effort into writing, especially as it was a favour to you. There's no point in rushing things, the life of a story is in the telling, not just the events.

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
I was going to write a long post but I'm lazy, so instead!

Chapter 4 is fine

Chapter 5 needs posting but I'm too lazy atm.

Also I liked the Graveclaw post DoN wrote up, made the Strigoi not look utterly stupid which is nice, just struggles to control his rage.

Ghouly

Liche
True Blood
ok I've had a cool-down I can type coherently again

@Shareya: that's why we made the Sign up thread for

@Harland: yeah well I don't like the result

@Get of W'soran: it makes him sound like a wuss, and I'm sorry but I can't RP that

The Dread King

Staff member
True Blood
Harland said:
And both of you, remember that this roleplay, just like all others, is a communal affair. As a community project, a healthy amount of patience must be exercised by everyone for everyone. DoN is sorting his life out at the moment, and he is dedicating a lot of his free time to do as much as he can. He is probably completely aware that he is behind, and you guys constantly reminding him of this probably isn't helping. Even worse is condemning what he has put effort into writing, especially as it was a favour to you. There's no point in rushing things, the life of a story is in the telling, not just the events.
I didn't think I was constantly reminding DoN. In fact I was saying that potential plot stagnation would not be DoN's fault because Ghouly needed to post too to get chapter 4 moving.

Though if this impression is what came across, I apologize. I sometimes have difficulty understanding social rules, being an Aspie.

@Ghouly: posting now would not be hijacking the RP, it would be progressing the plot. Several characters have made statements to/asked questions to/about Sylvie, and now is the prime time to answer them, before chapter 4 does slow down. So don't worry about that. xD

I think what Ghouly meant about plot stagnation does bear some sort of truth in that there's a lot of talking and not too much action - in chapters 1, 2 and 3, a lot of what was planned got done in less than the 14 pages this chapter has taken up so far (the only chapter exceeding this in length is chapter 2, of 15 pages). The prepared plot is currently moving slowly, despite high post rate.

However, our improvisation in DoN's absence and the resolutions of that RP situation are mainly responsible for that. As soon as the council has resolved the matter with Sylvie, I reckon we could have our characters continue their journey (after a brief eat and nap) and resume with Anya's interrogation of Mikhail (if it is to continue) in Anya's carriage, and then arrive at the Silver Pinnacle shortly after. Though I don't know any important plot things that might happen on the way there that DoN and Simon know of, I could make a fair guess that the council could be moving on pretty soon, so no-one needs to worry about that either. xD

Edit: I think this is the third time I've been ninja'd by Ghouly in one day...

Edit 2: nope, it's only the second time. I'm hoping you don't get a hatrick, Ghouly... :tongue:

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member
Couple of points.

Ghouly, I'll be blunt. I'm not too happy at your response, its rude and unappreciative of the fact that I have offered and taken time to try and help with Graveclaw. If you wanted to discuss, its very easy to PM rather than just shout out in general I have made him a wuss. It's called having character development that people can relate to. Look at all the major characters and their story arcs. Lesa was a powerful mage but also had emotions, hell even insane V'azrin did and that made for one of the best storylines in TVC I in my opinion.

Nearly all the characters have had them, Sweeney Todd and his revenge, Vekarin and his wife, Simon and his thirst for power and loyalty and Vlad/Vashanesh. Even Mircea for all his aloofness has more character when you read the other side stories that Gree wrote.

If you want a character that just goes "Raaaargh! Kill Carsteins! I'm big and strong and tough, fear me!" then that is upto you, however it is hardly pushing the literary boat out. You will also have to note that whilst you may want to have a character that goes in rampaging everywhere, it will not be allowed where it interferes with the storyline or other characters, like when he went mental on Simon without prior consent.

Rant over. Feel free to do whatever you like with Graveclaw.

As for posting, yes I apologise it is not as much as I did in the first TVC. Just to remember when the first TVC I started I wasn't even a mod, never mind an admin. I am trying to balance things as best as possible, however just to give you all some kind of indication, currently I am:

Working full time
~ Just interviewed and got a new job (Yay :happy: )
Recently moved, and will now be moving again, within the month.
Have a missus and two kids who like to spend time with me
Plus I like to have a break, play a bit of PS3 etc

On CN I am also doing a lot of things, some you see, some you don't:
TVC
VAU
General posting
Working with Grish on the rebuild and improvement (for example I have just spent a solid hour going through CN's architecture)
Trying to get Mantic to agree in prizes for the next GB
Invocation

So whilst I try my best, there is sadly a limit. That said I will be posting tomorrow to try and progress things.

Cheers

DoN

Harland

The Colonel
True Blood
Ghouly said:
@Harland: yeah well I don't like the result
In which case you should make suggestions instead of just bashing him.

Ghouly said:
@Get of W'soran: it makes him sound like a wuss, and I'm sorry but I can't RP that
I think you may be exaggerating. Plus from what I have heard Graveclaw wasn't just a mindless beast in the first TVC.

The Dread King said:
Though if this impression is what came across, I apologize. I sometimes have difficulty understanding social rules, being an Aspie.
It's not a big deal, don't worry. If you want to remind him, I would wait until he is entirely settled and ready to go; that way he is able to follow through.

The Dread King said:
I think what Ghouly meant about plot stagnation does bear some sort of truth in that there's a lot of talking and not too much action - in chapters 1, 2 and 3, a lot of what was planned got done in less than the 14 pages this chapter has taken up so far (the only chapter exceeding this in length is chapter 2, of 15 pages). The prepared plot is currently moving slowly, despite high post rate.
You can't have a story of constant action, or you'd just end up with another ROCK movie...
*gets flashback of GI Joe 2*
shudder

Anyway, the slow moving parts are better for character development than any amount of action.
The Dread King said:
However, our improvisation in DoN's absence and the resolutions of that RP situation are mainly responsible for that. As soon as the council has resolved the matter with Sylvie, I reckon we could have our characters continue their journey (after a brief eat and nap) and resume with Anya's interrogation of Mikhail (if it is to continue) in Anya's carriage, and then arrive at the Silver Pinnacle shortly after. Though I don't know any important plot things that might happen on the way there that DoN and Simon know of, I could make a fair guess that the council could be moving on pretty soon, so no-one needs to worry about that either. xD
As Get says, Chapter 4 is pretty much fine. Once the situation with Silvy is sorted out, and I've emerged from my exams and Roland has served up some grub, there won't be any further reason to dally.

EDIT: ninja'd by DoN

Ghouly

Liche
True Blood
yes your right DoN I haven't been as grateful as I should have been and I'm sorry for that your post was very nice

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Ghouly said:
hey does anybody know where Kavok and Dark Wolfen got to they kinda dropped off the grid
Both where online today according to their accounts.

Maybe they just don't have time to post atm?

Edit: In chapter 5 I'll leave it up to each individual person whether or not your character is injured enough to warrant a spell from Nekhlior, feel free to write him healing you into the post.

yeah, I'm still online now and then, reading up. I didn't really think Nimrais was particularily needed atm, so I just waited until I had more time to properly post. Not have so much time to post lately, some clients came along with urgent cases, but those are out of the way now. :thumbsup:

Kavok

Wight King
I've been... around... Managed to find the time to mostly keep up with everything that is happening, but haven't yet had the time to sit down and make an ic post... and with bretonnian monster lady now stomping about... Not exactly sure how Kavok is going to react... Probably with quite a bit of internal monologue... He does that a lot... I'll see if I can't put something together when ever I get the free time. Might make it a bit easier if I had something to directly react to instead of just watching the dead people argue again. Not sure... Also if I missed someone referring to Kavok could you please remind me?

Status
Not open for further replies.