• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Harland

The Colonel
True Blood
Feb 23, 2010
Right Behind you...
*Emerges coughing from the dust*

Yes, I am still alive. I can do naught but offer my humblest apologies for my sudden and unexplained inactivity. While it is true that I was on holiday for some of the time, the primary reason for my absense is the fact that I have been feeling very demotivated and depressed... and then it reached the stage whereupon I simply didn't have the courage to face you lot again.

Regardless, I have returned, and I have no intention of doing something like that again. I'm here to stay, save for unexpected circumstances.

First order of buisiness: I'm putting the cooking post as a supplement. If anyone still cares, and I would not hold it against you if you didn't, you can post your reactions there. It will be short and sweet... no real need for further conversation. Those involved are:
Faust
Elanor
Mihail
Anya
Kavok

Anyway, I apologise again for letting you all down.

*breaks down into another fit of coughing*

Count Darvaleth

I <3 marmite
True Blood
Apr 26, 2010
Bounce said:
Welcome back harland :-), we aren't that scary are we?

Err... yeah. xD We roleplay as evil denizens of the dark online with people we (initially) know nothing about, but who often profess to be somewhat perverted and are overfond of using this smiley: :perv:

Harland

The Colonel
True Blood
Feb 23, 2010
Right Behind you...
Time to get back into the swing of things...

Bounce: I believe Alastor and Sylvie have moved off to a private place to have this discussion. Thus, it is out of our earshot - if I remember correctly, you are still with the others conversing with the Lahmian. Therefore, if you really wanted to interrupt, you would have to post something about going looking for them.

Mello

Hasn't left TVC for the rest of the forum
True Blood
Oct 26, 2010
Peterborough
You're correct about Alastor and Sylvie.

Ghoully is there anything else they can discuss?

Harland

The Colonel
True Blood
Feb 23, 2010
Right Behind you...
Ghouly: It seems Bounce has deleted his/her post adressing Alastor. Therefore, until he/she says otherwise, we have to assume that Elanor has not in fact gone looking for you.

The Dread King

Staff member
True Blood
Jan 28, 2012
Please help me. I need feedback on Morty and Defiance! I'm worried that I'm RPing it all wrong! :(

Harland

The Colonel
True Blood
Feb 23, 2010
Right Behind you...
Ghouly said:
*facedeskfacedeskfacedeskfacedeskfacedesk*

Don't worry, I didn't notice until after you posted either!

To Bounce (and everyone else for that matter): If you decide to delete or edit a post, make sure to tell us about it so we can react accordingly!

Mello said:
I feel like the ship HMS TVC is slowly sinking into the mire :'(

Never! I shall not stand for it! Not sit for it. Nor lie down and take it like a b*tch.

Coarse humour aside, we just need to get a conversation going, or some sort of project, anything to while the time while DoN gets through whatever rough patch he finds himself in.

The Dread King said:
Please help me. I need feedback on Morty and Defiance! I'm worried that I'm RPing it all wrong! :(

I could write a bit on what perception I have gotten of Morturion so far from the parts I have written... there are still bits I haven't read, like most of chapter two. I wouldn't know what rp'ing your character wrong would be as only you know what doing it right is, but hopefully you can contrast the idea I've received with the one you wished to deliver, and so from there construct your own feedback. It might take me a bit to gather my thoughts on the matter, though, as it has been a while.

An idea has occurred to me, to keep us occupied... It might seem very silly, but I'll suggest it any way: while we're waiting, why don't those of us who can be bother write some historical background of their character in the supplements section? Now I don't mean a biography, no... I mean a scene taken from their past, in the manner of an rp post. A flashback, if you will. So if I were doing it for Roland, I might write of his first ever assassination. Granted, some of the characters, like Alastor, have less history to choose from than others, like Morturion, but there should still be plenty to write about.

I only suggest this as a way to pass the time, and as an exercise in discovery both for the author and the readers.

The Dread King

Staff member
True Blood
Jan 28, 2012
Harland said:
An idea has occurred to me, to keep us occupied... It might seem very silly, but I'll suggest it any way: while we're waiting, why don't those of us who can be bother write some historical background of their character in the supplements section? Now I don't mean a biography, no... I mean a scene taken from their past, in the manner of an rp post. A flashback, if you will. So if I were doing it for Roland, I might write of his first ever assassination. Granted some of the characters, like Alastor, have less history to choose from than others, like Morturion.

I only suggest this as a way to pass the time, and as an exercise in discovery both for the author and the readers.

Excellennt idea, Harland! Will do supplement or several when I have a decent amount of time, hopefully this evening! xD

Harland

The Colonel
True Blood
Feb 23, 2010
Right Behind you...
We should probably decide on a universal prefix for these, so they can be easily identified, and categorised if need be.

I can't think up anything more imaginative than "Character Histories:"

Or what about "Flashback:". That's more succinct. Any other ideas?

Dark_Wolfen

Grave Guard
Jun 5, 2011
Rotterdam
Character history sounds more logical. A flashback means that the character in the RP at some point thinks back and reflects, while it might just be loose stories of important events in their past.

But that is an excellent idea! There are plenty of things I'm able to write up.

Harland

The Colonel
True Blood
Feb 23, 2010
Right Behind you...
Dark_Wolfen said:
Character history sounds more logical. A flashback means that the character in the RP at some point thinks back and reflects, while it might just be loose stories of important events in their past.

Funny thing, I'm leaning towards "Flashback:" the more I think about it: it's more flavourful, more... natural, and, to me, your point is a further plus: while in the actual posts there would be no reference to the character thinking back, I feel like calling it a flashback makes it more... comfortable to fit in. Almost like an excuse, and even though one isn't needed, it makes the supplement's existence more natural, I feel.

Sorry if that was far too vague.

The Dread King

Staff member
True Blood
Jan 28, 2012
How about calling the supplements Origins/Character Origins, or maybe Whispers of the Past? Not leaning towards it, just some ideas to throw into the mix xD (I know the second one's a bit long).

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Apr 23, 2008
Behind the Throne
Ghouly said:
Memorares or what ever the Latin word for Memories is

Isn't the latin for memory memoriam and is usually used as in memoriam for "In Memory of"?

Mémoires would suit Sylvie quite well but probably not the rest of us.

I keep trying to think of something but all I get is "The Pendulum Swings" >..> I need to read less anime.

Ghouly

Liche
True Blood
Jan 15, 2008
Prince George
Get of W said:
Ghouly said:

Isn't the latin for memory memoriam and is usually used as in memoriam for "In Memory of"?

I keep trying to think of something but all I get is "The Pendulum Swings" >..> I need to read less anime.

or less soap operas

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Apr 23, 2008
Behind the Throne
Ghouly said:
Get of W said:
Ghouly said:

or less soap operas

Luckily I don't watch them at all!

In fact I don't really watch T.V. at all! Those licenses are pricey :tongue:

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu