• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Apr 23, 2008
Behind the Throne
DoN is required for any update Ghouly, he was the GM and holds all needed plot info. And he's very busy currently AFAIK, even his logins to the site are quite infrequent.

I'm not sure how many people we might have lost through stagnation.

As it stands this looks pretty dead, which is disappointing but there isn't a whole lot more we can do.

The Dread King

Staff member
True Blood
Jan 28, 2012
Get of W said:
DoN is required for any update Ghouly, he was the GM and holds all needed plot info. And he's very busy currently AFAIK, even his logins to the site are quite infrequent.

As it stands this looks pretty dead, which is disappointing but there isn't a whole lot more we can do.

In late June I could do a few joint supplementals with you, GoW, I'm just a bit busy right now.

In general, we could do a few supplementals about the history of the character and what they have been doing in the past ten years? That way you could involve multiple characters.

E.g. A day in the life of Kraskor at the Necrarch hotel. You could write all sorts of stuff as a small group, with Katie, Alastor, Reshorn, Kraskor and Nekhlior.
There are quite a few important things that revolve around that group that you could write about. For instance:

- Alastor being turned, and his induction into the tower
- What the Kraskor Krew did in the months after Nagash died
- If/how/when they discovered the weakening of their powers?
- They're not my characters; the creators of them could probably think of more escapades.

Also, Ghouly, I'm most of the way through the TVC (I haven't read it for a long time) and I still do not know what happens to Fenrirus and Merovich's brother's. One minute, he's getting ready to aid Merovich, the next, Merovich is dead, the battle is over, and Fenrirus has disappeared. The same applies to Sergei. What happened to those characters? Try to create some backstory. Are they waiting for revenge? Did they join the red duke and die in the fight against Nagash?

I'm sure plenty of other characters could not only think of what happened in the last ten years; they could also do crossover supplementals.

If they couldn't, you could always have someone else RPing an NPC in that character's scene.

E.g. people that Nimrais met on her travels, and when she realised necromancy was weakening, what she did and thought about it, etc. Even the most solitary characters have something to do that the readers would be interested in.

It's not just filler, either; this backstory might have been something we wrote in the future anyway. What's more, if people keep reading the supplementals, there's likely to be some interest maintained in the TVC.

Besides, I don't think we're losing players at the fast rate anymore. Only the patient RPers are left now, though admittedly some of those leave occasionally and the longer we leave it, the more will go.

However, as long as we don't lose more than 75% of the playerbase, we should be fine. If a group gets too small, DoN can (when he returns) engineer some event (preferably catastrophic, knowing the nature of chaos and the exposition of this story) to bring the smaller groups together to recreate adequate RPing.

If the worst comes to the worst and too many players leave for there to be any RP at all, DoN can "reset" the RP and we can begin again from scratch. That would be fine, so long as characters don't express deja vu when they see people from the old RP.

That would be annoying in some cases, e.g. *Reset of role-play*
*Morty walks into the room* *Clears throat-*
Kraskor: how dare you insult Vekarin!
Morty: ...how did he predict it!?!?! :|

That's a bad example in hindsight, it wouldn't be too hard to predict that anyway! :tongue:

Ghouly

Liche
True Blood
Jan 15, 2008
Prince George
Get of W said:

I just wanted to know what the mods were doing that was keeping them from here

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Apr 23, 2008
Behind the Throne
Ghouly said:
Get of W said:

I just wanted to know what the mods were doing that was keeping them from here

I get you but the problem is the only person who can advance the story is DoN and I think he would comment if he had time.

None of the other mods have anything to do with advancing the story.

As Dready says some Supplements could bring life to the sub-forum again.

The Dread King

Staff member
True Blood
Jan 28, 2012
Get of W said:
Supplements are possible but personally they wouldn't be enough to hold my attention unless they were collaborative, in which case they'd be like mini-rps! (sort-off)

This gave me an idea.

"TVC: The Transition Years"

A collection of stories that don't interfere with the main, essential storyline of the TVC, but are all supplementals (they could be mini-chapters) that take place between TVC 1 and TVC 11 (essentially the last 10 years). What happened? Groups of players' characters could meet up and solitary players could write their own supplementals as to what happened in that time. This would be more easy for some than others, but the players who tend to have lonely characters could play as minor NPCs/have other RPers play as minor NPCs in their supplementals (this could be agreed beforehand). All the RPers could take part in each other's stories. This could work, but it would admittedly be more natural when the RPers were, for instance, GoW, Alastor and Darvy, whose characters live in the same tower.

On a side note, I have a new and actually rather fitting name for the three of Kraskor, Nekhlior and Alastor. "The good, the bad and the ugly." Who can guess which one is which?

Of course, we should work on writing the character histories too.

This will help a bit with activity, but it won't do much for the RP as a whole. New players still aren't being recruited, so any players we lose aren't being replaced.

Anyone know when the new site will be finished? I was looking forward to that as a thing of its own too, not just so that DoN can devote time to the TVC.

Also, are we still divided on mini-GMs - is the idea is worth considering? If DoN approves it, it could stop this kind of situation from happening again.

Bounce

Varghulf
May 3, 2012
Am still hanging around but the wait is ridiculous. It is fine that don is so busy and all but he has been super busy for a year. hand the reins to someone else or close it down.

Harland

The Colonel
True Blood
Feb 23, 2010
Right Behind you...
27394465d1380825959-mmc-feral-rex-mega-thread-goodnewseveryone.jpg

Good news everyone!

I'm back and it seems that so is DoN. Now that there is a concrete date for the software update, once it's done he might have time to turn his eye back to us miserable folks!

Lord_Mortis

Crying Dude
Nov 5, 2012
Hey guys before I post my next reply, for those that are online at the moment, we keep swearing IC at an absolute minimum don't we?

The Dread King

Staff member
True Blood
Jan 28, 2012
Hey guys before I post my next reply, for those that are online at the moment, we keep swearing IC at an absolute minimum don't we?

@Lord_Mortis Most characters don't swear too much unless it's in character to do so. That said, extreme swearing is fine (in roleplay, at least). If it's very extreme in a certain post, then roleplayers are advised to put a warning at the top of their post before posting it.

Lord_Mortis

Crying Dude
Nov 5, 2012
@Lord_Mortis Most characters don't swear too much unless it's in character to do so. That said, extreme swearing is fine (in roleplay, at least). If it's very extreme in a certain post, then roleplayers are advised to put a warning at the top of their post before posting it.
Ok sweet, gonna make an angry, angry assassin! :tongue:

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu