• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Goggalor

Necromancer
Feb 29, 2008
Chatteris and plymouth
My plaedge is:

20 ork boyz
5 nobz
3 deffcopters
warboss
SM captain
5 honour guard
10 devastators
10 veterans
20 tactical marines
10 scouts
10 death company
5 sanguinary guard
10 terminators
5 marine bikers
5 assault marines
dreadnaught

10 skeletons

ai527.photobucket.com_albums_cc355_danglokta_40k_001_1.jpg

ai527.photobucket.com_albums_cc355_danglokta_40k_005.jpg

ai527.photobucket.com_albums_cc355_danglokta_40k_006.jpg

ai527.photobucket.com_albums_cc355_danglokta_40k_007_1.jpg

ai527.photobucket.com_albums_cc355_danglokta_40k_009_1.jpg

ai527.photobucket.com_albums_cc355_danglokta_40k_001_2.jpg

Orks still to be built. Today is spary can day and the grey should become black.

Xaret

Ghoul
May 5, 2010
Norfolk
RE: Goggalors pledge thread. (I want it painted black, with a bit of purple)

Looking like a lot of work! Good to see you've made a start though, good luck with it :D

Santawraith

Master Liche
True Blood
Jun 6, 2010
Wyoming

So we are allowed to start painting the models now or on the 18th im confused. Btw it is a intresting paint scheme what are you going for out of curiosity.

Jan 8, 2010

I thought it was the 18th. We were allowed to clean and prep before then

Onikaigo

Vampire Lord
True Blood
May 17, 2008
Germany

Jumping the gun! Tsk tsk tsk! =)

Yes, we're starting on the 18'th. Sorry for the confusion!

Nice to see you're so eager, though. It makes my black heart smile.

Goggalor

Necromancer
Feb 29, 2008
Chatteris and plymouth

thats alright, the offending post has been deleted and will hold my brush back for a bit longer. thanks

Santawraith

Master Liche
True Blood
Jun 6, 2010
Wyoming

Sorry goggalor I didnt mean to make ya get in trouble or upset ya. Was just checking to see if i could start I feel the same antcipation goggalor.

Santawraith

Master Liche
True Blood
Jun 6, 2010
Wyoming

So goggalor you started now right, Look foward to seeing more of your awsome work.

Goggalor

Necromancer
Feb 29, 2008
Chatteris and plymouth

Aha it begins now. same pic as on my DS blog but here is what i have started on. Unfortunately i have to get some lizardmen done for monday so this will be taking a back seat for a week. if i can keep my hands off it.

ai527.photobucket.com_albums_cc355_danglokta_40k_044.jpg

Santawraith

Master Liche
True Blood
Jun 6, 2010
Wyoming

Love how the colors all blend together I never thought they would look good together. I hope ya well with them lizards, and I look forward to seeing your marines back on the hunt. Beautiful job so far.

uga bug

Black Knight
Jan 3, 2010

I love the grot!
the sergeant is just looking at him as if-'wtf is this thing doing?'.

I like the colour scheme as well-also haven't seen it before which raises it in my opinions!

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008

Very nice termies! The purple works great and the grot looks like it is about to crap itself xd

Sanai

Stylish Deviant
True Blood
Oct 30, 2009
Behind Darvy

Nice, interesting colour scheme and good paint job. Love the dioramic feel of the grot and sergeant and the use of forge world red scorpion bitz.

Goggalor

Necromancer
Feb 29, 2008
Chatteris and plymouth
RE: Goggalors pledge thread. (5 models down)

ai527.photobucket.com_albums_cc355_danglokta_40k_002_3.jpg

ai527.photobucket.com_albums_cc355_danglokta_40k_003_3.jpg

Terminators down. Basing to do but i have no idea what to do them on. I love the red scorpion stuff and have got a whole pile of it. Also saves me from having to hand paint the icons. I like the large bases that terms come in as it allows you to do stuff like have a grot on it. I thought i would be a bit of a mismatch but told a little story. And damn the lizards for a bit.

Santawraith

Master Liche
True Blood
Jun 6, 2010
Wyoming

I love the terminators they look even better finished. I just finished three bat swarms myself. and am pleased how they came out. But looking at your termies makes me jelous. So whats your little store on the mismatch

Boo

Vampire Lord
True Blood
Feb 13, 2008
The far north, near northrend

Nice choice of colours on the Termies! Crisp and cleanly painted. Good work!

About the base, how about basing them with some sort of desert stuff? Not just sand, but rocks and bushes and stuff? I like the contrast between the marines and the base as it looks now.

Xaret

Ghoul
May 5, 2010
Norfolk

Desert Bases would indeed look cool, as Boo said. The best way to look at the bases is to think about the background and story of your chapter (which looks effing awesome btw). Where do they usually fight? Try to come up with a story that fits the bases, adds a little something. Also bec ause the purple colour is so distinctive you should decide on a base type and colour that fits well in with the colour, maybe a dark stone perhaps?

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008

Superb job. As Boo said, the painting it nice and crisp and the colours work really well together. Seeing that makes we want to get painting mine now xd

Goggalor

Necromancer
Feb 29, 2008
Chatteris and plymouth

ai527.photobucket.com_albums_cc355_danglokta_40k_005_6_1.jpg

ai527.photobucket.com_albums_cc355_danglokta_40k_004_8_1.jpg

ai527.photobucket.com_albums_cc355_danglokta_40k_003_14.jpg

ai527.photobucket.com_albums_cc355_danglokta_40k_006_9_1.jpg

As i have a cold and don't feel like doing anything productive i have done some more painting. These are my devastators, they are not finished as they need highlighting, tidying and finishing off.

The Chapter fights on a scrub world, mainly as everything i have is desert based. I want to get some long straw grass to put on the bases and am waiting till i want more stuff to order to get it. The guy with the cup needs quite a bit of work as his cabling looks quite poor. thanks

Santawraith

Master Liche
True Blood
Jun 6, 2010
Wyoming

I am very impressed with your devestator squad. The guy with the cup is just so cool. I love how you added dark angels cloaks for a mysterious feel to the army. Least that is how it comes across to me. The straw grass will be great added to them I think. I do it on my Chaos marines and it makes them look good. Best of luck beating the cold, It is never fun to feel like that.

Goggalor

Necromancer
Feb 29, 2008
Chatteris and plymouth

ai527.photobucket.com_albums_cc355_danglokta_40k_012.jpg

some orks to do. rather than finish my SMs. I have lost one of the nobz models so am a model down on them and none of is glued yet so that still needs to be done.

Boo

Vampire Lord
True Blood
Feb 13, 2008
The far north, near northrend

Ah, the awesome 40k starter pack. :D I had two of those badboys at home, 40 boyz, 6 koptas and 10 nobz with two warbosses. They make a great little army. Not to talk about the SM side with a termy squad and a dreadnought! :D

Great progress on the Devs, the desertbases are going to look really good with the minis.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu