Sun, I have played many different armies over the last 12 years and change using a variety of different styles and tactics. I don't keep myself away from new possibilities, I embrace them. I've played Legion,
VC and
TK extensively (about 60/300/250 games respectively) and trying out those big ol' snake surfers in an army where they can march was one of the first things I tried when Nagash started his party in the desert last year.

In the most competitive environments, I cannot advocate the use of
Necro Knights in UL, there are far better choices and knights don't have ethereal movement or flight (not that I think much of hexwraiths in all comers nowadays.) Their footprint causes issues. They don't vanguard or have vampiric like some of other other choices. I play with the terrain rules listed in the BRB or whatever the TO decides to place on his tables.
You also state that UL is a fast army but Najo sticks to his infantry lists
EBTS: Relying on that die roll to see if they pop, then seeing if they scatter and hopefully aren't destroyed is a risky proposition. There is no guarantee with EBTS. I would much rather have something starting on the table as opposed to waiting for it to hopefully show up when playing a tournament unless its Glade Riders.
Repeated discussion has been made about buffing
Necro Knights to deal with threats and to protect them. That's fine sure, but vargs and hexies can operate on their own in a better capacity due to the fact that they can choose their combats more effectively and can evade threats much easier. Morghasts can be thrown into this as well despite point cost due to their T5 and hover.
On the subject of zombies vs archers ("Archie Bunker" as I used to call it with high elves), having more bodies will keep the unit alive vs. big spells and templates. We'll have to agree to disagree.
On me not using chariots properly;
I've been playing
TK's since their 6th edition book was released, I know my way around the chariot training grounds so to speak. The thing is, I'd rather spend those points on 4 units of wolves to win the deployment war, magehunt in dart formation if need be or to stall something.
I respect other peoples' opinions and playstyles. It's good that we have differing viewpoints so please no one take offense by anything I say because as well know, you can't tell how someone feels on the net.
@Nicreap By the way, thank you for the info on the US Masters a little while ago