• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Baslakor

Wight King
May 7, 2008
Tomb of Berkel
My second battle in a long time. Previous one was a bit smaller and less interesting.

My list:

Vampire (general) (infinite Hatred, Flayed Hauberk, Sword of Battle, Walking Death)
19 Grave Guards (shields and hand weapons)
4 Blood Knights. (no champion)
Special Vampire (Hand of Dust, Infinite Hatred, Avatar of Death)
19 skeletons with spears.
Lvl 2 vampire mage (power stone, Additional level, Helm of Command)
20 zombies
20 zombies

His army:

15 Sword masters
10 archers with lvl 2 mage
7 Silver Helms with Noble (lvl 1 mage)
Loin Chariot
15 spearmen
1 lvl 2 mage.

In the previous battle our magic phases were equalled so I choose 3 vampires which would give me a total PD of 6. I thought this should do the trick. Unfortunately he thought the same and I was overwhelmed by his magic (+1 on dispell roles is EVIL). He had two lores of metal and 1 lore of High magic. With his lore of metal he used a spell which could target my general in my Grave Guard regiment. I was hard-pressed to keep my general alive and didn’t had much possibilities to cast spells other then healing him. Instead of just waiting and raising new zombies, I had to attack.. FAST!

I was very afraid for his sword masters, because I expected them to be immune to fear (from our previous battle, just as he expected a 2+ armour save on my general). So I knew I either had to avoid them for as long as possible or send all my elite fighters at them (except for the Blood Knights, first strike is NOT healthy for them).

With a lucky Dance Macabre I was able to charge his Silver Helms with my Blood Knights. In the same turn my skeletons and Grave guards (both including a vampire) charged his Spearmen and Sword masters. The skeletons were now both in combat with the Spears and Swords, the vampire joining that regiment was facing a big bad sword masters. I used a power stone to drain his last dispel dice and then cast the hand of dust (Which he really didn’t expected). It killed 9!! Sword Masters! In battle the Blood Knights broke the Silver Helms (including his noble general) and ran them down. Sword Masters fail there panic test and also ran. The Grave guards were faster.

After that it was just cleaning up the mess.

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
Lol. Whilst it is an item that is not really used to to it's high points cost, and ability to run out, the HoD can be a big surprise to seem. Great to see you did well in you battle, and even better - next time your opponent will probably hold back DD incase you might have the HoD, even when you don't.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu