• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

If You're Reading the TVC Please Read this!!

Sweeney Todd

Master Vampire
True Blood
doombunny666 said:
Vekarin the Dark Bladed said:
I think we should publish it as a book, get sued by GW, spend thousands in court and lose enormous amounts of money before we realize that we could have posted it as a PDF right here.
In my dreams we win the case...
i read a bit just the recent stuff thinking about taking part but im more of a screenwrighter than books (ok i directed a 30 second long music video using team fortress 2 characters and wrote out the screen play)

GW cant sue i mean all the characters are fictional i mean we just have to have the great necromancer nagas and ta dah book
You're wrong there. They can and definitely will sue you. Remember Damnatus? It was initially done with their blessing and look what happened to that, never mind a completely unsanctioned film project from you/us.

doombunny666

Black Knight
knowing gws ideas and thought process yes we would get sued horribly i was only joking GW would see another opputunity for money and boom there sueing us into the ground

ChaosJedi666

Black Knight
Malatith the bloody said:
I've been reading it and I want to join in but I can't work out a way to get me into the story line.
Just as DoN said. Write up a storyline for you're character, post it up in the Vampire Council Signup thread and then they'll take it from there. If you want, PM a quick storyline to DoN to get his opinion on it, then if he thinks it'll work they'll sort out a way of introducing you're character

Also its a good idea to include other members in fluff and history. check with people first of course but the more you look into peoples characters the better off your character will be I always love including people in my fluff it brings me joy to post with people i have added history with.

Trevy the Great

Vampire Progenitor
True Blood
I agree with Nightwere. Webbing the fluff together really helps add a certain legitimacy to the character and opens the door to some awesome interaction between characters.

Count Darvaleth

I <3 marmite
True Blood
Hmm, does having a poor post rate (ie: practically once a month) in the TVC count as not taking part but just spectating? xD

And as to people who say "I can't just appear out of nowhere," I beg to differ! xD It's really quite easy to just pop along to Drakenhof, say you heard that Vlad had been resurected, and came to see if it was true! xD Easy, simple, and gets you involve. Of course, you could come up with something more grandiose if you really wanted to, but that's up to you.

Count Darvaleth

I <3 marmite
True Blood
Mr Nightwere said:
pen and paper are your friend xD
I always have something to scribble on should I get a good idea.
Or, if there's no paper around, bore the note into the closest person with a stick, preferably sharpened so you don't have to muck about looking at all the smudged cut-markings later.

One thing though; do not mark it on yourself, it always ends badly. (At school: *Teacher* What is that on your arm? *Kid next to me* WTF he's written some frickin story about a vampire on his arm! *Another kid* Ha ha he's a nancy who writes about vampires like Twilight!* Grrr this is why I hate Twilight, it gives vampires a bad name.) xD

EDIT: 100th post!