Invocation of Nehek on Blood Knights

  • The masquerade of murder returns! A new game of Vampires Amongst Us has begun. Unmask the killers, trust no one, and try to survive the night. Find out more and sign up now!
Well profit wise it would be a good move for GW to make BK easily raiseable. I mean most people who buy BK only buy 1 box. If they kept the rule that you can raise multiple I'd definitely buy another box.... or 2. :vampire3:

That being said you could not pay me to buy 5 more blood knights now. There's too much other stuff I can get for their price. I will be waiting for the FAQ and then either run my same ghoul, crypt horror, and mortis engine heavy list or I will be getting another box of BK and running a cavalry themed list. :tongue:
 
In my opinion whether or not it gains 1 plus caster level or just one single knight, i dont thinkwere gunna be seeing any blood knight/ necro lord deathstar combos anytime soon as 5 blood knights cost 118$... id rather take 40 zombies and buy lunch but thats just me :tongue:
 
The Dead King Of Dead Stuff said:
i dont thinkwere gunna be seeing any blood knight/ necro lord deathstar combos anytime soon as 5 blood knights cost 118$...

Lots of people have 10+ Blood Knights Already. Some of us even have sexy magnetized ones ;)
 
On the old vampires book rules specically atates that all raised models can attack, but they loose charge bonuses (so no lances), but new book says nothing...

About unkillability of blood knigths... i think most oponents with a brain can deal with a unit of 5 without allow them to get in combat (shooting, warmachines, magic, dirty tricks...), or tarpit them for half the battle (slaves, flagellants, anything that attacks first..). And you need at least 1 knigth to restore the unit... Anyway, 5 wounds T4 seems far from unkillable for me, despite it's 2+ armor save.

And for the high price, you can always convert some Dragon princes or dark elf cold one riders...
 
I converted knights of the realm from the 7th edition box set. They came out pretty good.:) Easy convertion. Stuck Skeleton heads on the Knights' body.:skull:
 
The Dead King Of Dead Stuff said:
fair enough about the conversions but id still rather take a boz of Z and a cart

That's cool. Was just offering some ideas to folks who don't want to lay down half a paycheck for some resin knights that will wilt and droop the first time you leave them in the trunk on a hot day.

I made my conversions some years ago when the 7th ed. box set was still available. Or was it the 6th edition that contained Brets? :?:

Anyhoo....now you have more options for Vamp heads. I mean aren't there at least 3 vampire heads in the Terrorgheist box? If you run an unridden terrorgheist, you could use those.
 
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't lore of metal totally hose bloodknights anyway?

You need one left to raise them, and they're not that hard, are they?

Alls I'm saying is, there are counters out there.

I can see this FAQ going either way...
 
Flag of bloodkeep plus any magic resistance takes care of the lore of metal problem. If I take Bloodknights there's always a character in there with at the very least the obsidian trinket.
 
Yorga said:
Anyhoo....now you have more options for Vamp heads. I mean aren't there at least 3 vampire heads in the Terrorgheist box? If you run an unridden terrorgheist, you could use those.

You just take the tips off some spikey bits and glue them in the mouth of any empire head with an open mouth and you're all set
 
Ripper said:
Yorga said:
Anyhoo....now you have more options for Vamp heads. I mean aren't there at least 3 vampire heads in the Terrorgheist box? If you run an unridden terrorgheist, you could use those.

You just take the tips off some spikey bits and glue them in the mouth of any empire head with an open mouth and you're all set

Hahaha! My fingers are too fat for that kind of model surgery.
 
Zombilly said:
If you cast IoN on blood knighs could you choose to give them 2 wounds per casting because of the lore attribute, or does that only work on a model thats still lives on the battlefield?

I understand it to effect a living, or should I say present :) , friendly model within 12in.
Meaning only multi-wound models.
This is how I always play it.
 
Zombilly said:
If you cast IoN on blood knighs could you choose to give them 2 wounds per casting because of the lore attribute, or does that only work on a model thats still lives on the battlefield?

I understand it to effect a living, or should I say present :) , friendly model within 12in.
Meaning only multi-wound models.
This is how I always play it.
 

About us

  • Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu