• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Lahmian Desert army

Goggalor

Necromancer
DoN: it is from reaper miniatures. As all my new necro models are.

Bishop: Thanks and yes it is a big model. Too big really but i just like the model.

Goggalor

Necromancer
Thought i would paint somthing differnet to mammary glands today and actually do something else for my army.
Finished my "corpse cart". As you can see it just about fits on a chariot base. No necro yet as i have yet to finish her. Have als progressed on some skellies and grave guard as i want to get them done in a week before i take an enforced break.

Goggalor

Necromancer
well never got my grave guard done. Was all ready to give in and paint some space marines whaen a package arrived from raging heroes so now i havve a banner and a new vamp to paint. so far the models look nice will hopefully get into the painting mood after i have done mass effect 2 and bioshock 2 to death. will post pics of the models when i have them.

Goggalor

Necromancer

Ready to paint at the moment. The model itself came out better than i first thought it would. The pose was a pain though, lots of options in the blister too which was nice.

Now this model is really nice and they have done a great job with the flag. Its just too big though so will probably be put as a unit filler which is a shame.

Swissdictator

Vampire Count
True Blood
I love the corpse cart, I think it freaking awesome and hilarious! The zombie swinging like a pendulum is the highlight. All the other zombie madness is great!

Looks like we might have used the same technique for painting the wood on the bell/furnace as well.

Is that last model decapitating someone? It's hard for me to see due the constant black.

uga bug

Black Knight
How are you going to go about painting that giant flag?
I hate small flags at the best of times-trying to get them to look reasonable...now I cant think of anything much worse than attempting to paint a banner that size o.o

Goggalor

Necromancer
I will paint it hawk turquoise and try some stuff on it then give up and leave it blank till i can paint freehand, which is a cop out as i will never be able to do that, so it will sit blank and sad forever.

uga bug

Black Knight
Painting freehand banners-we can all wish for something :)
Give it a go anyway and maybe someone who is good at painting freehand can give us all advice on how best to go about it!

Goggalor

Necromancer
Swiss dictator- thanks for the kind words. A bit of light hearted zombie madness is sometimes needed.
here is the new model i am painting. a word to the wise if you have this model, the asharrah(?) one,- do not drop it. It falls apart real easy and is a pain to put back together.

Goggalor

Necromancer

While getting my vamps out the other week i noticed i had loads of half painted lady models and so after painting so many space marines and such i thought i needed to even it up a little so i finished this one. Finally. ANd the asharrah model fell apart again so nuts to it.

Santawraith

Master Liche
True Blood
Looks good what models is that, or what range I dont reconize it.

You have a amazing plog I had to sit down and look through it you should really add more too it. :lol:

logan054

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Im really envious of you, I really want that Vampire model however it's showing as out of stock on their website :(

untitled_musketeer

Vampire Count
True Blood
RE: Lahmian army of reconquest

Goggalor said:

Here is one of the vamps. just a bit bigger. I have gone for very pale skin and no eyes, also helps not having to do the iris.
Fully agree with you. I don't mind doing eyes but when a vamp is going all evil and vampish, opposed to the suave sophisticated Von Carstein look, I think it adds to the sinister feeling..

Goggalor

Necromancer
The models are from raging heroes. Santa wriath my army is mostly complete. I have around 10 ghouls, skeletons and grave guard left. Along with some zombies and a filler. However i have lots of Vamp models left. And the Asharah model is nice but is in bits at the moment.
Untitled_musketeer i like the look without eyes, their war face.
Thanks people

sea.man

Grave Guard
the banner is ok, it catches the eye. now you could work a bit on their skin, it is very flat, way too flat...

regards,
sea.man :konrad:

Goggalor

Necromancer
thought it was time to actually do some undead work as this is a vampire counts site. So i took the plunge and got the undead cabal from mantic and am pleasantly surprised with the models and look forward to painting them.

Sea.man: the skin is supposed to be flawless and pure but does come accross as flat.

Goggalor

Necromancer
RE: Lahmian Desert army: updated 27/2/11

Now I have got back to playing the game i have decided to actually paint and model some stuff. I realised i had no spearmen and have put together a list with 20 spearmen in so here is my work in progress for a block of 20. Sorry about the mobile phone pictures. I have misplaced my camera and so will have to wait to do clear pictures! The idea is to have them set up like some pikemen waiting on a charge.

I hope to be a bit more active as well, as soon as i get my head round these new fangled rules.
update with colour! :

Goggalor

Necromancer
RE: Lahmian Desert army updated 27/2/11

Real pictures. Well i got my camera back and the charger so. Here are my new skeletons in non blurry vision.

They have seen action twice and survived one battle!

Goggalor

Necromancer
After a year away from the vamps, fighting for the enemy, with the new book out i thought i would return to the family. And with the tasty new models too. After one game against some other vamps i needed to paint the new toys. Here is a w.i.p of the mortis engine.

Any C&C welcome. How does the bone work in your opinion? Thanks

Seneschal

Liche
True Blood
You have some wonderful work in this blog.
I Love the engine. Can't wait to see what you will do for detail work.
May I ask what company makes that character model?