• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

LoN: Update to 8th Edition (VC Book): Nagash, The Great Lord of Undeath

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member
There seems to be some confusion here.

The 4th edition Nagash was not like a mummified Slann - that 4th edition Nagash was a monster with Greater Deamon like stats that could stand up to a Bloodthirster in combat (does actually make sense, in life he was a very skilled fighter as well as caster, so when he mutated into a 16ft giant the stats would make sense).

Perhaps we should put this particular discussion on hold for now and come back to him after we review the rest of the list, give us all time to think more on it?

Bishop

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Yeah. I'd suggest that we start with the core army rules first. Then basic characters and core units.

Uziel

Vargheist
Disciple of Nagash said:
There seems to be some confusion here.

The 4th edition Nagash was not like a mummified Slann - that 4th edition Nagash was a monster with Greater Deamon like stats that could stand up to a Bloodthirster in combat (does actually make sense, in life he was a very skilled fighter as well as caster, so when he mutated into a 16ft giant the stats would make sense).

Perhaps we should put this particular discussion on hold for now and come back to him after we review the rest of the list, give us all time to think more on it?
I think you misread what I said above there DoN. I said I'd rather see him more like that Mummified Slann special character, as opposed to how he was in 4th ed IF he is to actually be included in the project's army list.

I'm perfectly aware of how he was in 4.the ed btw (my fist Warhammer book). I wouldn't necessarily say he was a very skilled fighter, and by that I mean WS, Initiative and Attacks-wise. I'd say he was comparable to a Chaos Warrior Champion at best, but that the rest was more due to his later immense physical stature, magical ability affecting his close combat abilities and let's face it, you'd have to be pretty brave to keep your composure with only a sword in hand when facing him...

I think the issue of Nagash himself can be put on hold as well. Don't really see the need to rush him, apart from the fluff perspective, since his will dominates the action of the army to such a large degree etc...

The Dread King

Staff member
True Blood
I think that this could go on hold-but now that I think more about it, the greater daemon idea appeals to me more and more...I think that's the version of Nagash that I want to see.:vampire3:

Bishop

Master Necromancer
True Blood
:siren:Thread locked - will be reopened at a later time when we are ready to discuss.:siren:

Status
Not open for further replies.