• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Maintenance and Support Announcements: Please check before reporting a fault

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member
For those wondering, MattW is the wonderful chap who not only shares my name (I am also a Matt W, small world!), but is our new host......so you lot be gentle with him ;)

Melle

Sir Larpsalot, champion of larpers
True Blood
having issues with loading the site with google chrome on android.
It gives a maintenance response.
strangely, opera mini opens it and most threads work, witch was the opposite before the downtime:)

MattW

Administrator
having issues with loading the site with google chrome on android.
It gives a maintenance response.
strangely, opera mini opens it and most threads work, witch was the opposite before the downtime:)
Chrome will have cached the old DNS records, which is why you are still going to the old site (which is in maintenance mode).

Melle

True Blood
ummm....the problem on chrome came back, although not solved with a clear cache now. tried clear all webbinfo. cookies, cache, history etc but still dont work

MattW

Administrator
ummm....the problem on chrome came back, although not solved with a clear cache now. tried clear all webbinfo. cookies, cache, history etc but still dont work
The issue could be with the ISP, as Opera uses their own servers for processing web requests before serving the data to your browser. Is this using wifi or mobile data network?

Melle

True Blood
@MattW
wifi. it worked perfectly for an hour or so on chrome, then back to same maintenance message

opera mini still works, but that has its own issues due to slimming down the data.

normal opera and explorer suffer same problem as chrome. maintenance. only opera mini 'works

edit: This is all using a samsung s4+ with latest android version

edit 2: i switched of wifi and tested by mobiledata. same result

Last edited:

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member
@Melle, it might just take a little time for the new IP's to replicate through all the DNS, the majority of them are done within 24 hours, although for some reason it can take upto 48 hours.

Melle

True Blood
@Disciple of Nagash

ah, ok.
just thought i'd supply as much info as i could with my feeble interwebs knowledge.

also, nightshift sucks( and not in that oh so pleasant way) without the chat :(

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member
Next maintenance scheduled: 11th January @ 2000 GMT
Duration: Approx 1 hour
Cause: Standard maintenance upgrades to software
Additional Features: Various minor incorporated into upgrade