• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Alabaster427

Minister of Thriftiness
Dec 9, 2013

Attachments

• 17274880_10210689554308572_1308260148_n.jpg
    17274880_10210689554308572_1308260148_n.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

Sception

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Sep 23, 2009
I'm not getting my hopes up for new undead just yet. Those are some nice looking dwarves, though. Better than most of the Fireslayer range, imo, and I like their fluff gimmick of living 100% of their lives in the high atmosphere. Sky Dwarves is a neat and comparatively novel concept.

I won't be buying any, I'm a one-faction kind of player, but I wouldn't mind setting up against them at the table.

Lord Elpus

Ghoul
Mar 19, 2012
I'm torn, unlike @Malisteen, I do have multiple factions... I really like these..but I do like my traditional dwarfs.. I do want them, but by the gods, I have enough to paint!

Azakael

Skeleton
Warhammer Underworlds: Shadespire... I almost wonder if it is to Mordheim that the new Armageddon game will be to Necromunda. Maybe slightly less Warhammery and more Age of Sigmary, but either way...

Alabaster427

Minister of Thriftiness
Dec 9, 2013
Shadespire revealed.
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/03/23/shadespire-unveiled/

Something to note: "While the format of the game is a big departure from the game of Warhammer Age of Sigmar, Warhammer Underworlds: Shadespire is still firmly set in the Mortal Realms. The game is set in the Shadespire – an ancient and damned city, cursed by the Lord of Undeath to eternally sit in limbo between the realms of Light and Shadow – a haunted metropolis of mirrors, unquiet spirits and ever-shifting chambers... The forces you can use in this game will be drawn from races across the Mortal Realms, including some for factions that have not received any new miniatures since we first ventured into the Age of Sigmar."

This is big news for the Death and the Destruction factions.

Alabaster427

Minister of Thriftiness
Dec 9, 2013
Even better for Death than Destruction, as they got Ironjaws :)
I'm curious if by "factions" they meant grand alliance or sub-factions. If it's grand alliance, then it's definitely including death (it's called Underworlds after all, and they all but name-dropped Nagash). If it's sub-factions, I'm thinking elves, humans, maybe beastmen (lol). Underworlds could also be inclusive of skaven. Dwarves already got fyrslayers and now the balloon brigade. Destruction did get Ironjawz, but Ogres haven't gotten anything.

Infernal Skull

Wight King
Apr 21, 2012
It's being billed as "arena combat" and photos show it being played on a hex grid, and the cards for each model look like they have 3 stats, and proprietary dice. So perhaps a mix of Silver Tower, Gorechosen, and Blood Bowl, with warband advancements.

The good news, at least, is that any models for the game will probably get AoS warscrolls, which means we might see a new undead model or two.

Alabaster427

Minister of Thriftiness
Dec 9, 2013
It's being billed as "arena combat" and photos show it being played on a hex grid, and the cards for each model look like they have 3 stats, and proprietary dice. So perhaps a mix of Silver Tower, Gorechosen, and Blood Bowl, with warband advancements.

The good news, at least, is that any models for the game will probably get AoS warscrolls, which means we might see a new undead model or two.

One of the articles said that the game would come with AOS warscrolls, but I don't remember which one. Maybe it was at GAMA.

Sception

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Sep 23, 2009
including some for factions that have not received any new miniatures since we first ventured into the Age of Sigmar."

This is big news for the Death and the Destruction factions.

Says 'factions' that have not received new models, not 'alliances', so could easily be talking about elves, skaven, goblins, ogres, humans, non-fyre/sky dwarves, lizardmen, beastment, warriors of chaos, khorne daemons, nurgle anything, slaanesh anything, entirely new factions, etc.

I'm not getting my hopes up for new Death models until we actually see them.

Alabaster427

Minister of Thriftiness
Dec 9, 2013
Says 'factions' that have not received new models, not 'alliances', so could easily be talking about elves, skaven, goblins, ogres, humans, non-fyre/sky dwarves, lizardmen, beastment, warriors of chaos, khorne daemons, nurgle anything, slaanesh anything, entirely new factions, etc.

I'm not getting my hopes up for new Death models until we actually see them.

I'm curious if by "factions" they meant grand alliance or sub-factions. If it's grand alliance, then it's definitely including death (it's called Underworlds after all, and they all but name-dropped Nagash). If it's sub-factions, I'm thinking elves, humans, maybe beastmen (lol). Underworlds could also be inclusive of skaven. Dwarves already got fyrslayers and now the balloon brigade. Destruction did get Ironjawz, but Ogres haven't gotten anything.

I agree, but none of the Death factions have gotten any new models, either.

Reactions: Menkeroth

Alabaster427

Minister of Thriftiness
Dec 9, 2013
This just happened:
17883949_1305418562870304_1939379892811827473_n.jpg

Oppenheimer

Varghulf
May 26, 2013
Even if it is death my concern will be if it's done models that don't have rules in AoS and aren't released seperately.

Alabaster427

Minister of Thriftiness
Dec 9, 2013
Even if it is death my concern will be if it's done models that don't have rules in AoS and aren't released seperately.
It only says A (one) factionis being announced and GW said everything in the game will have rules for AOS.

Borgnine

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jun 15, 2013
Pruszkow, Poland
I love them! I was worried that death faction would be only about skull-and-ribcages constructs like morghasts, but these look nice and realistic! I will surely get some, even if to use them as wight/skeleton heroes. Thanks for the link!

Menkeroth

A Knight of Blood
Nov 11, 2013
Sehnde, Niedersachsen
I love them! I was worried that death faction would be only about skull-and-ribcages constructs like morghasts, but these look nice and realistic! I will surely get some, even if to use them as wight/skeleton heroes. Thanks for the link!
Nichts zu danken. I was worried as well, and especially like how they are dynamic. But realistic? well, I, for one, don't encounter animated skeletons that often... But yes, they have right proportions and anatomy, so it suffices.
A bunch of skeletons? We already have skeletons. Every other company makes skeletons. These all just look like kit bashes. Not impressed.
Every other does not necessarily make them that good qualitywise. And we don't have that many of them - basic infatry, elite infantry, heavy cavalry and one hero - not very much. Also this may hint to the future deathrattlers battletome and this is not bad, especially considering that the basic ones are sold out on the GW website.

Borgnine

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jun 15, 2013
Pruszkow, Poland
A bunch of skeletons? We already have skeletons. Every other company makes skeletons. These all just look like kit bashes. Not impressed.
Not every company makes them consistent with other GW ones. Or have them in satisfactory quality. I'll gladly take them, but maybe it's 'hunger' for some death models speaking. You are right though, they do look like kitbashes, especially the one with the Standard Spooky Scythe we've seen so many times...

Nichts zu danken. I was worried as well, and especially like how they are dynamic. But realistic? well, I, for one, don't encounter animated skeletons that often... But yes, they have right proportions and anatomy, so it suffices.
Skeletons themselves may be fantastic, but their equipment looks like something one can find in the real world, without any swirly bits, gigantic pauldrons or things like that.

basic infatry, elite infantry, heavy cavalry and one hero - not very much
Two heroes actually xD

Last edited:

Menkeroth

A Knight of Blood
Nov 11, 2013
Sehnde, Niedersachsen
Not every company makes them consistent with other GW ones. Or have them in satisfactory quality. I'll gladly take them, but maybe it's 'hunger' for some death models speaking. You are right though, they do look like kitbashes, especially the one with the Standard Spooky Scythe we've seen so many times...
Not all certainly. This is very good one, dynamic, looking differently to standard skellies or wight kings and very full of character.
Skeletons themselves may be fantastic, but their equipment looks like something one can find in the real world, without any swirly bits, gigantic pauldrons or things like that.
This is true, although not necessarily good - after all, high fantasy is not that high without "any swirly bits" and the like ;)
Two heroes actually xD
well, yes, I've forgotten about Krell. But still not very much.

Attachments

• SS_SoW_Deathrattle1-370x500.jpg
    SS_SoW_Deathrattle1-370x500.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 16

Oppenheimer

Varghulf
May 26, 2013
I will still buy them but I think your expectations are so low everyone. We have skeletons with swords, spears, great weapons, halberds and bows already. GW needs to be more creative. Zombies would at least have been something we only have one very outdated model of.

Borgnine

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jun 15, 2013
Pruszkow, Poland
I will still buy them but I think your expectations are so low everyone. We have skeletons with swords, spears, great weapons, halberds and bows already. GW needs to be more creative. Zombies would at least have been something we only have one very outdated model of.
Zombies would be nice too. It would be difficult to sell them as a team of badasses - I wonder if AoS would get boring rank-and-file units anymore.

Skeleton archers are seriously outdated and there's no good alternative for them, getting some of those would be also good ;)

This is true, although not necessarily good - after all, high fantasy is not that high without "any swirly bits" and the like ;)
Well, that's a manner of taste - I like my fantasy low, so these are very good for me :)

Reactions: Oppenheimer

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu