Old school White Dwarf

  • The masquerade of murder returns! A new game of Vampires Amongst Us has begun. Unmask the killers, trust no one, and try to survive the night. Find out more and sign up now!

Alabaster427

Minister of Thriftiness
True Blood
Dec 9, 2013
1,315
Zombies
1,063
A new game cafe just opened in my town and they have 4th edition era White Dwarfs!!! I only know because one of them was announcing the release of 5th edition. I couldn't find anything about undead, but there's a lot about Brettonia, Elves (mostly Wood Elves), and Dwarfs. I had no idea how extensive Warhammer fantasy used to be; I kinda wish it would go back to that... I also wish I could get my hands on some of those models. I don't really have a point to all of this, I am just super excited about it!
 
I'm all about that era, that's when I first discovered the game and where a lot of Warhammer's magic resides in my opinion. I often collect classic regiments in preference to the latest sculpts: classic High Elf spears, archers and White Lions, Undead armoured halberdiers and mummies all feature in my collection. I also think the army books from this era were second only to the 8th Edition hardbacks; such original quality artwork, and with the lore barely improved upon in all that time.
 
One of the, among many, benefits of being a young guy in the wargaming world is that every now and then older era stuff pops up and it's like it's brand new stuff to me! I've got a new stirland army on the go including some battlemaster archers I found for peanuts on eBay, they're really characterful considering that they are older than me I believe!
 

About us

  • Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu