• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Mello

Hasn't left TVC for the rest of the forum
True Blood
Oct 26, 2010
Peterborough
Well, I decided to start my role-play.

This is about a haemonculus and his hired buddies (you lot) who is betrayed on a mission by his masters, and seeks to find out everyone who has betrayed him, and kill them all very slowly.

If you would like to join or ask any questions, please post below. There are no restrictions to who you can be, as you have all been captured (imperial) or hired (evil) by me to fulfil my revenge :-)

Please follow the standard rules, I personally, however, prefer the old template for RPing as I like to see how good people are at everything, instead of players now knowing how tough the other players are, for example. I've had that in the past.

Here are the rules and the sign-up template, although I have tweaked it so it is worth re-reading:

RULES:
1. Minimum post-length of four sentences.
2. The GM reserves every right to accept/deny a character from entering, and also retains the right to remove any player from their RP should they so choose.
3. No god-modding (god-modding discussed later) or player-killing without prior notice and confirmation.
4. Post once/twice per update ( updates discussed later) but do not spam smaller posts and clutter the thread. Of course, if two characters are interacting with each other, exceptions will be made and it is perfectly allowable to post four, five, or even six times in an update.
5. If you miss three updates without notice, your character may be killed/turned into a NPC (non-player-character) at the GM's discretion.

CHARACTER SHEETS

Full Name: Harman Blacke

Place of Birth: Terra

Physical Description

Harman is of an average build for a human of his age. He has well-toned muscles from his training in the Imperial Guard, and has a bald head, blue eyes, and fair skin. He does not bear any particular battle-scars of note. He wears dark grey combat fatigues underneath his flak armour (detailed in the equipment section.)

Personality

Harman Blacke is not an approachable person; he does what needs to b done to get the job finished, and doesn't give a toss about other people's needs. He's not arrogant, but battle-hardened and world-weary, carrying the weight of too many fallen comrades. He is still loyal to the Imperium and the 23rd Avengers.

Brief History

Terran-born, Harman was the son of poor people. He lived as well as he could considering his upbringing, but enlisted into the Imperial Guard as soon as he was able. He was trained to fight with the 23rd Avengers; he became a strong warrior, yet also a capable commander. It was not too long before he became a sergeant, where his reputation as utterly ruthless truly began. He did anything necessary to achieve the objective, a trait which was highly appreciated by the Commissars.

After three more years of service in the 23rd Avengers, having distinguished himself for holding the line at all costs on several occasions, he was chosen to join the Commissars. After two years of brutal training, he was finally elevated to a Commissar. He was re-assigned to the 23rd Avengers once again, still wearing his old uniform, but once again, holding the line.

One day, as he fought across the battle of Hell's Gorge, the Orks he faced faltered. Turning, Harman saw the black Raiders descending. He fought valiantly, but was taken away by the Dark Eldar. For what purpose, he had no idea...

Basic Stats

Speed: 3

Agility: 3

Weapon Skill: (3) 4

Ballistic Skill: (4) 5

Raw Strength: 3

Technique Strength: (3) 4

Toughness: (3) 5

Tactical Knowledge: 5

Technology

Faith: (6)
Rhetoric: (5)

Equipment

Commissar's Blade
This weapon, presented to Harman when he became a commissar, he has practised with for years. He is a master with it, the blade perfectly balanced and with a razor-fine edge.

The sword gives Harman +1 to both Weapon Skill and Technique Strength.

Bolt Pistol
A mighty weapon, equipped with mass-reactive bolt shells capable of horrendous damage.

This is Harman's firearm, which has been augmented to fire straighter with a tighter barrel and more efficient firing chamber, giving Harman +1 Ballistic Skill.

Flak Armour
Harman's black flak armour, trimmed with faint blue of the 23rd Avengers, provides adequate protection, but Harman's true barrier is his indomitable will and faith.

Gives +1 to Harman's toughness.

Other Abilities:

Limitless Faith
In battle, Harman will be filled with faith in the Emperor should the situation be dire. He will become almost unkillable, and will never retreat in the face of the enemy.

Should his limitless faith come to the fore, Harman will have +2 Toughness for a period of time.

Indomitable Will
Harman will ignore many strong injuries, simply moving on as though they are not there.

This gives +1 to Harman's Toughness.

Strengths
Harman is tough, staunch, and unwavering. He is also a dab hand at shooting and good in close combat.

Weaknesses
His courage can often border on insanity, and Harman will often ignore wounds that really shouldn't be ignored.

Additional Notes
Harman is still loyal to the Imperium, even if the Dark Eldar force him to fight for them.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Full Name: Por‘El Dal’ora Pow’da Keg Gosbo’m
Nick Names: Pow
Place of Birth: Dal’ora

Brief History

A member of the water caste, Por’El Dal’ora Pow’da Keg Gosbo’m, or Pow for short, found himself readily adapted for the shady world of espionage. Passing his tests with rapid alacrity, he developed a slight sense of destiny, which haunts him to this day. A firm believer in the greater good, his skill with his sniper rail rifle is matched only by his skill for social networking. He has recently finished his assignment on an Imperial agri world, and was preparing for extraction when a dark portal appeared far in the distance, swallowing his incoming ship. Since his extraction vessel had vanished, he tracked down the second portal that opened a minute later. Seeing the group arrive, he marked it down to destiny rather than ridiculously bad luck. Having tracked the group since their arrival on the planet, he has decided that this is a social experiment worthy of reporting to the Ethereals. He will continue to track the group, aiding from afar, until circumstances dictate otherwise…

Physical Description

As a water caste, Pow is lean and of average size. His recent human holographic overlay has run down, and his blue Tau features are becoming more visible day by day. Although he is not built for close combat, he is surprisingly dexterous, and can outrun and out sneak most humans. He wears stealth armour, which can appear as ordinary clothes, and a scouting headset springs from it during combat. His armour is well-fitting, and for the necessities of stealth he only carries bare essentials within it. His only truly distinguishing feature (for a non-Tau observer) is the small purple tattoo above his left eyebrow.

Personality

His upbringing means that he has a most eloquent tongue, and is thus able of bringing people round to his way of thinking given time. He is also remarkably friendly, and slow to anger, making him a nice person to be around. He is totally dedicated to the Greater Good, and will spout great lengths of poetry to anyone who even suggests the subject. His job requires him to be especially attentive and cautious, while his ridiculous sense of destiny often causes him to rationalise strange coincidences (such as the arrival of the group) into destiny caused events.

Basic Stats:

Speed: 5
Agility: 5 (3)
Weapon Skill: 1
Ballistic Skill: 6
Raw Strength: 1
Technique Strength: 5 (3)
Toughness: 3 (4)
Tactical Knowledge: 4

Technology:
Rhetoric: 5
Spy: 6
Scouting: 5
Equipment:

Stealth Armour:
This light armour can blend in with the surroundings in a similar way to those of stealth suits, or simulate various styles of clothing. (T +1)
Sniper Rail Rifle:
A highly powerful weapon, this gun is a scaled down version of those found on Hammerheads. The recoil is high, and it is not suitable for rapid fire or unprepared shooting.
Scouting Headgear:
Part of his default gear, this headset allows him to view even more of the spectrum than he already does (scouting & spy +1), as well as zooming in to provide aiming support (BS +1). However, this does limit his visibility range and thus renders his agility and hand-to-hand useless (A -2), (TS -2). HOWEVER this device is currently broken at the moment when pow was trying to escape from some people who recognised his tattoo and were avenging a past fallen freind (or something, it's just broken ok? :P)
Hologram Interface:
Although in need of maintenance, this hologram can probably project one last major image before it dies.

Strengths
Pow is particularly good at both assassinations of opponents and long range scouting.

Weaknesses
He is inclined to spout rhetoric, and very, very weak and fragile in close combat.

Full Name: Tassarec Windwalker

Race: Eldar

Physical Description

Tassarec is slight and thin, like all Eldar; his face portrays typical Eldar arrogance, and his gaunt features do much to intimidate his foes. His hair is kept fairly short, and is bright blonde; his eyes are a sparkling green. Tassarect wears flowing midnight-blue robes, over which is inter-weaved his brass-coloured Rune Armour.

Personality

Tassarec is a stoic if there ever was one; his only indulgence is arrogance. Tassarec has a cold demeanour, and doesn't make friends easily; he prefers to isolate himself, and is strictly disciplined in his dedication to the Paths of the Eldar. In particular, Tassarec has proved incredibly resistant to vices and corruption, making him an excellent candidate for Slyvax's band...

Brief History

Tassarec was born in the Craftworld, and lived the life of a soldier; the Windwalker family had followed the Path of the Warrior for generations. Tassarec first served in the Dire Avengers, and almost succumbed to the endless rage of an Exarch; however, he proved resistant to the temptation, and moved on to the path of the Striking Scorpions. Now that he had tempered his spirit, Tassarec again proved stronger than the urge to become an Exarch. He served in many, small-scale battles, before finally becoming awed by the might wielded by a Farseer in the fight, who turned defeat into victory in the blink of an eye.

Determined to master this Path, Tassarec became a Warlock and began to master his psychic potential. Here Tassarec remains; not yet falling prey to the endless oblivion of the Path of the Seer, yet seemingly unable to leave it; neither becoming a Farseer, nor moving on to another Path. It is this perpetual state of limbo that makes Tassarec so useful to the Farseers; his youthful energy and dedication to the Path make him so vital for missions which could not be undertaken by Farseers or lesser Warlocks. Tassarec now has another such mission, one which he has not taken to incredibly kindly...

Basic Stats

Speed: 5

Agility: 6

Weapon Skill: 5

Ballistic Skill: 3

Raw Strength: 2

Technique Strength: 2 (5)

Toughness: 2 (*)

Tactical Knowledge: 2

Technology

Psyker: (5) - Tassarec has mastered the Eldar powers Conceal and Destructor.

Equipment

Witchblade
This weapon is a masterful piece of Eldar technology, and allows Tassarec to make up for his lack of raw strength by focussing his psychic energy through the blade, and wounding foes which would otherwise prove impervious to his attacks.

The blade gives Tassarec +3 to his Technique Strength.

Shuriken Pistol
This is a standard Eldar pistol; however, it goes mostly unused to Tassarec as he prefers to use his psychic ability.

Confers no bonuses, but allows Tassarec to shoot people.

Rune Armour
Tassarec's Rune Armour, when coupled with enough psychic concentration, can turn aside even the most deadly of attacks; however, when not powered the Rune Armour provides no protection at all.

When properly activated (which is most of the time unless something is blocking Tassarec's focus), the Rune Armour allows Tassarec to survive even the most potent of enemy strikes.

Other Abilities:

Psyker

Tassarec is a Psyker, and can use the Eldar Conceal power, which clouds his opponent's minds and can allow Tassarec to pass unnoticed or at least lower the foe's accuracy. Tassarec also wields the Destructor power, which allows him to conjure a great roiling psychic flame, which scours his foes with its destructive energies.

Anilar

Wight King
Sep 1, 2010
Skanderborg
RE: Recruitment and OOC: Slyvax's revenge

Working on some ideas Mannfred, probably be a day or 3 before I post something.

jamiep151

Zombie
May 9, 2011

Got what I think is a fun idea to be a partly trained Culexus assassin let me know what you think.

Full Name: Unknown
Nick Names (what we would informally call you): K
Place of Birth: Also unknown

Physical Description:
K is of average human height, he is an average build but is lean muscle from the years of training and life he leads. He keeps his face covered in a black hood and cloak at all times and generally wears tight light body armour at all times. He wears heavy boots and seems completely unapproachable.

Personality:
Due to not completing Culexus training K has retained some personality and others can stand to be near him although they still feel uncomfortable. He is a strong silent character, he is completely loyal but only while his payments continue. He will always act to fulfil any contract he has made out of professional pride but will never act to help people out of compassion. He seems to completely lack a sense of humour but has weakness for card games.

Brief History:
At the age of 15 K was recognised by a grey knight who was on a mission in K's city as having a lack of warp presence. He was immediately taken to the Culexus temple. Having come from a poor background and offered with the choice of training or death he seized the opportunity to become part of the Culexus assassins. For the first 9 years of training K was taught basic combat skills, parkour and taught about what he could achieve with his natural powers but these weren't developed. For the next 4 years advanced combat skills were taught to him and his knowledge of his potential was completed. In response to the completion of his initial training K was sent on his first mission with an experienced Culexus to eliminate a cult lead by a psyker. The mission was successful and K was to return to begin the training of his innate powers to become a full Culexus. However there was a mishap with the transport ship the other assassin was killed and K was left stranded with no way to contact the temple. He was then seized by a haemonculus and in his injured state could do nothing but fall into unconsciousness.

Basic Stats

Speed: (4)

Agility: (5)

Weapon Skill: (6)

Ballistic Skill: (3)

Raw Strength: (2)

Technique Strength: (5)

Toughness: (2) 3

Tactical Knowledge: (2)

Skill sets:

Scouting (5)

Equipment:
2 Master crafted blades
These were given to him for his first mission the quality of crafting cannot get higher in the imperium. These are his prized possessions
Will always fight using these blades at close quarters where possible.

High quality light body armour
This suit was also given to him for his first mission
+1 toughness.

Other Abilities:
Although many of the effects are suppressed K has no warp presence and as such will be detected by psykers but has a huge advantage while fighting them. Normal people feel uneasy around him due to this lack of presence but the suppression means no one realises why and are not greatly affected.

Strengths:
Incredibly skilled in fighting, moving around obstacles and evading detection. He can be depended on as long as an agreement is in place.

Weaknesses:
In close proximity to any psyker he will be detected. He is of average physical strength and resilience as such he can easily be injured and out muscled or crushed if put against a space marine or something of same size. Not good company unless you are playing cards.

Let me know what you think :).

Count Darvaleth

I <3 marmite
True Blood
Apr 26, 2010

It'd be counter-intuitive for me not to support the first member-made RP of the new section! I will certainly be working on something.

Don't "save a spot" for me though. It's a common practice in roleplays that I happen to be firmly against, as what can sometimes happen is loads of people saving spots, leading to nobody else being able to join, and those "spot-savers" not posting up... of course, that'd never happen on CN, but past, tearful experiences have turned me against allowing people to save spots. *sniff*

I wonder what to play as! When you say "anything" do you really mean it? So, for instance, I could be an Eldar pirate or a Tyranid? (Joking about the Tyranid!) Actually, somebody has to be a grunt; I might go for a regular guardsman. :tongue:

Mello

True Blood
Oct 26, 2010
Peterborough

Hey jamlep thanks for posting, is see it's your first one!!

I'm really sorry but I can't let you go above 6. This is because I want the players to progress as the RP moves on, as there is a certain satisfaction of watching your character get better, learn new skills and find new weapons (I'm sure darvy will agree on this).

I would recommend this profile:

Speed: 4
Agility: 5
Weapon skill: 6
Technique strength: 5

Does that seem fair (don't worry, all the characters will start off with a "rubbish" profile like this). And for fluff I say, I caused the "accident" as I knew you were a good culexis and didn't love the imperium too much. You were also injured in the "accident" Which is why you have worse stats.

Is that fair? xD

Darvy: you can be an eldar, I will just have to capture and "persuade" you till you are convinced to help me. But no tyranids, necrons, inquisitors or SOBs.

PS am I beig too harsh on jamiep?

jamiep151

Zombie
May 9, 2011

Yer makes sense (I was aware it was a bit high but wasn't sure whether we would be going up in game or staying as is) :). So shall I cut the last line of the brief history and change it to you picking him up after the crash?

Count Darvaleth

I <3 marmite
True Blood
Apr 26, 2010

So I can't be a Star God, Mannfred? But then I suppose the human race would still be apes, or micro-organisms, so perhaps that wouldn't work. Heck, even Eldar would be babies. xD

Nah, I'll chuck in a guardsman. Always fun to have somebody characterful if slightly less badass.

Having started my first ever roleplay in the fall of catokas i think i can handle two roleplays so im in

Introducing:

Full Name: Tarkus Velspine
Nick Name:Tark
Place of Birth: Kar Duniash

Physical Description:
He has a thin face with an angular quality, small lips and sharp nose with intense jade eyes which speak of a malicious cunning. He is 5 feet 9 inches tall well built and having toned pale skin with a brand of a hydra on his forearm and dressed in a slightly tattered many pocketed crimson great coat (which was thrown away) he now has a gaurdsmen officers great coat with a blue jacket, black trouser and kneelength leather boots.

Personality:Well mannered if a bit smug, he speaks in a matter of fact way in short clipped sentences and with a cold clear voice. He takes joy in manipulating people and his surroundings to get what he wants and loves planning but will take orders if properly coerced . He has a cool demeanour at all times but shows a lot of emotion when killing.

Brief History: Having been brought up in a military family at the home port of a battle fleet it was no surprise that he applied for the Imperial Navy when he came of age. Showing a flair for marksmanship and strategic planning in the schola progenium,at the age of 22 he became a tactical officer on the bridge of the cruiser Unforgiving Justice for 3 years patrolling star systems on anti pirate duties. However he held a dark secret that he was a Alpha Legion operative secretly giving away sensitive information such as patrol paths, deployments and information about merchant shipping in the sector. He also sent out operatives of his own to gather information so he could black mail and bride his fellow shipmates. It was 2 weeks earlier that he had been ordered by the alpha legion to commit a mutiny on his ship and on the day before he was about to execute his orders did the Unforgiving Justice come under attack by Dark Eldar raiders. Having been taken captive he was given to an haemonculus as a debt repaid.
After the debacle which nearly killed him and the others but which led to him losing his leg he nearly died. However after the surgery to save his life he wish he did then be at Slyvax's mercy, now he and the others are on a spaceship which he is more then at home on and has time to scheme and plot his way out to his freedom.

Basic Stats

Speed: (2)

Agility: (2)

Weapon Skill: (3)

Ballistic Skill: (6)

Raw Strength: (2)

Technique Strength: (3)(8 at range)

Toughness: (3)

Tactical Knowledge: (6)

Skill sets:
Spy (4) Able to plant his devices and sit back as the enemy reveals their plans
Tactician(5) Having planned and executed assasinations and sabotage for his masters as well as battle plans on the bridge of a star ship he can come up with a plan for most situations and for most eventualities
Bionic Leg, although tough makes him slow moving and vulnerable if it gets damaged too severly
Enchanced relflexes after the lifesaving surgery he was given a neural synapse modification which though horrendously painful means he now has twitch relflexes and a even moore deadly aim
Equipment:
1 Las Pistol
Of a higher quality then most and fastidiously maintained it is an heirloom handed down through his family and had been used with skill by many of tarks ancestors, it has been used by tark to slay pirates and targets on orders of his Alpha Legion masters.
(due to his rigorous markmanship training he can fast draw very often killing his opponents before they can twitch a finger, this confers a +3 to technique stregnth but only at range)

1 Sabre
A sword given to him when he achieved his rank, he had only used it once and that was to slit someone's throat.

Utility belt
Contains an array of audio, visual and digital gathering devices which he was given just before leaving on his first tour of duty by the Alpha Legion.

Strengths
He likes to stand back and shoot often calculating when and where to place his next shot. He also has a knack for planting devices where data can be gleaned to be used later. Now enslaved he finds it better to do what he needs to do to avoid being on the torture rack.

Weaknesses
Not very tough and dislikes not knowing about a plan of action and being kept out of the loop. Is very aloof of his piers and prefers to speak only when absolutely necessary. Though when in a good mood he has a twisted sense of humour.

A drawback of his fast reflexes is a painful sensitivity to light and sound making him disorientated if something unexpected happens as well as being paranoid about his fellow team members

Additional notes
Although failing in his mission he still believes in the falsehood of the imperium and will do whatever it takes to return to his former masters

Mello

True Blood
Oct 26, 2010
Peterborough

He-hey I am loving this fast posting!!

Er jackonan.. Your guy is BS 6 and has a las pistol.. D'you want to change it to a rifle?

Jamiep: sounds good with me. When it comes to the story though, we'll have him wake up in a flesh prison. Along with all the other people who will join. :-D

Edit: I'll put my haemonculus up soon >:-)

Zanos

Vampire Count
True Blood
Jul 23, 2009

Hmm...I've been playing around with the idea of a Grey Knight, corrupted by proximity to a truly powerful artifact of chaos. If that would be ok, I'd love to see what I could do with that (and, due to the new codex, it's completely possible.)

jamiep151

Zombie
May 9, 2011

Changes made to character and age changed to comply with new fluff :thumbsup:.

Mello

True Blood
Oct 26, 2010
Peterborough

Thanks jamiep :zombie3:

Zamos, I swear that grey knights can't get corrupted But slyvax would love a traitor, they're his favourite flavour

Jackonan, it's cool to have a sniper, although its technically a scoped rifle. (sorry I'm the biggest gun freak on earth). If you don't mind, can you treat it more like a precision rifle, picking off the odd important person rather than doing an uber head shot 720 no scope backflip blindfolded from 10 miles away, seeing as your focus is on battle tactics and general support (I think, correct me if I'm wrong)

Mello

True Blood
Oct 26, 2010
Peterborough

good :clown:

And i won't do a insta kill flesh gauntlet the body explodes everywhere with a disease the catches to everyone and the entire planet turns into nurgle land

Well would you rather be a sniper or support dude?

Anilar

Wight King
Sep 1, 2010
Skanderborg

Well you can easily have a BS 6 with a pistol, being a gunslinger kinda type. Westerns and Han solo coming to mind. Your effective combat range is just reduced to 50-100 meters (150-300 feet roughly).
Where a rifle would be more like a 300 meters thing (900 feet), thou obviously it can shoot a lot longer, its just what a human eye can aim at with ordinary aiming devices.

Mello

True Blood
Oct 26, 2010
Peterborough

I suppose, it just seemed odd to have one pistol at bs 6.

Use what u like jakoman, I was just giving suggestions :cool:

Zanos

Vampire Count
True Blood
Jul 23, 2009

Well, the new codex makes many, many implications that it is very much possible for them to be corrupted, plus with direct exposure to chaos and a haemonculus' attentions, I think it could be very much possible. I'll roll a traitor marine if you reeeeally don't want the grey knight, but I think the storm bolters are pretty pimping :D

Mello

True Blood
Oct 26, 2010
Peterborough

No, I'm fine with a grey knight!

If the codex says so, then post away!

I'll post my character in the afternoon

Zanos

Vampire Count
True Blood
Jul 23, 2009

I'll post mine some time when I wake up then. Pretty late over here in 'Murrika.

Count Darvaleth

I <3 marmite
True Blood
Apr 26, 2010

Full Name: Harman Blacke

Place of Birth: Terra

Physical Description

Harman is of an average build for a human of his age. He has well-toned muscles from his training in the Imperial Guard, and has a bald head, blue eyes, and fair skin. He does not bear any particular battle-scars of note. He wears dark grey combat fatigues underneath his flak armour (detailed in the equipment section.)

Personality

Harman Blacke is not an approachable person; he does what needs to b done to get the job finished, and doesn't give a toss about other people's needs. He's not arrogant, but battle-hardened and world-weary, carrying the weight of too many fallen comrades. He is still loyal to the Imperium and the 23rd Avengers.

Brief History

Terran-born, Harman was the son of poor people. He lived as well as he could considering his upbringing, but enlisted into the Imperial Guard as soon as he was able. He was trained to fight with the 23rd Avengers; he became a strong warrior, yet also a capable commander. It was not too long before he became a sergeant, where his reputation as utterly ruthless truly began. He did anything necessary to achieve the objective, a trait which was highly appreciated by the Commissars.

After three more years of service in the 23rd Avengers, having distinguished himself for holding the line at all costs on several occasions, he was chosen to join the Commissars. After two years of brutal training, he was finally elevated to a Commissar. He was re-assigned to the 23rd Avengers once again, still wearing his old uniform, but once again, holding the line.

One day, as he fought across the battle of Hell's Gorge, the Orks he faced faltered. Turning, Harman saw the black Raiders descending. He fought valiantly, but was taken away by the Dark Eldar. For what purpose, he had no idea...

Basic Stats

Speed: 3

Weapon Skill: (3) 4

Ballistic Skill: (4) 5

Raw Strength: 3

Technique Strength: (3) 4

Toughness: (3) 5

Tactical Knowledge: 5

Technology

Faith: (6)
Rhetoric: (5)

Equipment

Commissar's Blade
This weapon, presented to Harman when he became a commissar, he has practised with for years. He is a master with it, the blade perfectly balanced and with a razor-fine edge.

The sword gives Harman +1 to both Weapon Skill and Technique Strength.

Bolt Pistol
A mighty weapon, equipped with mass-reactive bolt shells capable of horrendous damage.

This is Harman's firearm, which has been augmented to fire straighter with a tighter barrel and more efficient firing chamber, giving Harman +1 Ballistic Skill.

Flak Armour
Harman's black flak armour, trimmed with faint blue of the 23rd Avengers, provides adequate protection, but Harman's true barrier is his indomitable will and faith.

Gives +1 to Harman's toughness.

Other Abilities:

Limitless Faith
In battle, Harman will be filled with faith in the Emperor should the situation be dire. He will become almost unkillable, and will never retreat in the face of the enemy.

Should his limitless faith come to the fore, Harman will have +2 Toughness for a period of time.

Indomitable Will
Harman will ignore many strong injuries, simply moving on as though they are not there.

This gives +1 to Harman's Toughness.

Strengths
Harman is tough, staunch, and unwavering. He is also a dab hand at shooting and good in close combat.

Weaknesses
His courage can often border on insanity, and Harman will often ignore wounds that really shouldn't be ignored.

Additional Notes
Harman is still loyal to the Imperium, even if the Dark Eldar force him to fight for them.

Mello

True Blood
Oct 26, 2010
Peterborough

I like this, someone who is still loyal to the imperium. I can think of several good moments when he can try to rally people to the imperium adn they just p*ss him off:lol:

Sanai

Stylish Deviant
True Blood
Oct 30, 2009
Behind Darvy

Commissars actually don't come from the imperial guard, they are drawn from the ranks of the stormtroopers, who come from the schola progenium, who are drawn from imperial orphans and raised from birth to be stormtroopers. This is one of those things that is standardised across the imperium that doesn't really have exceptions.

Mello

True Blood
Oct 26, 2010
Peterborough

Slyvax

Full Name: Slyvax Venomspite
Nick Names Slyvax:
Place of Birth: Commoragh

Physical Description

Slyvax is not someone to look at if you have you have any heart conditions. He has very pale skin and is hunched over due to the extra three spines on his back, where all his vital organs are kept. The space where his normal body used to house his organs is now a place where he keeps all his poisons and "experimental" liquids. Having fitted some units in his spine cavity, Slyvax now never touches the ground and hovers around the place, deeming the ground too dirty for him to touch. He appears to "hang" from the air by his hunch.

Slyvax wears ornate robes with metal highlights, and has a collection of viles on his belt.

Personality

Like all dark eldar, Slyvax is arrogant and feels all around him are inferior to him, however, in dark eldar standards, he is quite a humerous person, albeit with a very gory sense of humour, and will often find all the "lesser" races rather amusing when the middle of battle.

Slyvax is obbsessed with his own body and loves battle as he likes to improvise on self repair, also loving to use his favorite poisons on the enemy. He is also very proud of creating new flesh being's and he considers his job of torture and flesh welding an art that only he has perfected. He is also prone do being distracted by pain and will go off and do his own thing, even if in personal threat.

Brief History

Slyvax started life in the street which, even by dark eldar standards, is a very dangerous, low place to be, he spent the majority of his life here until he accidently witnessed a party of richer eldar going off on a realspace raid. He soon started to fascinate himself with fighting and violence in general and managed to go to a real space raid by winning the favour of another haemonculus, by showing his aptitude for poisonous knowlege and improvisation, managing to kill someone using only a fruit and some rats to poison him (he extracted some poison from the rats livers and fed it into the fruit). Slyvax eventually got addicted to pain and started experimenting on himslef, unwittingly becoming one of the haemonculi. he eventually realised his predicament and the fact that people were coming to him for self-repair and enhancement, and soon started to become very rich. His old master has called upon him again to gather some underlings and lead a raid into real-space to find an ancient artifact of great importance (and poison)

OOC: we will do his raid and I will be betrayed in it.

Basic Stats

Speed: 2
He may float, but slyvax does this very slowly

Slyvax has the advantage of being higher than his enemies in combat and can dodge quite easily

Weapon Skill: 4
As an ex fighting dark eldar, Slyvax has some skill in fighting

Ballistic Skill: 4
Slyvax also has a lot of skill in shooting, and loves hex rifles. Although he cana't afford one himself.

Raw Strength: 2
He's a dark eldar, he isn't that strong

Technique Strength: 4 (6)
Due to a superb physical knowlege of living things, SLyvax can stab you in just the right pressure point and apply his poisons

Toughness: 5
Slyvax is an expert at self repair on the fly. And is naturally tough.

Tactical Knowledge: 3
Slyvax has some experience of war from his previous realspace raids, but does not usually command his own force..

Technology
Torture: 4 (6); Slyvax is a haemonculus, and a rather good one at that, so he is naturally very good at torture.

"Medic": 5 on self, 3 on others; Whilest SLyvax is very good at self repair, often growing back limbs and the sort, his "help" to others generally ends up with them in so much pain they can barely move, or they just end up dead or disfigured. he can soon sort that out though...

Equipment
Flesh Gauntlet
His favorite creation, the flesh gauntlet is connected to all the poison and other liquids inside his body (inuendo), this now replaces one of his hands and has needles on the end of his nails.
Increases Slyvax's Weapon skill to 6 due to poisonous insta-kill liquids :) (won't necesarrily insta kill in the game though) Also can convert into bladed fingers and other utensils at need

Casket of Flensing
given to him as a reward for winning a little "competition" with his master, which involved two victims, and a lot of pain
I can release this once per battle to kill a random (D3 for the time being) amount of people with invisible monkey's that strip the flesh of the victim's skulls and bring them back to me with the brain still inside, meaning it is still in great pain. And yes, that happens in the table top game too!

torture kit
all the knives and other utensils that Slyvax uses to further his hobby

increases torturing skill by two, and the knives will be used as a general weapon in combat (instead of the flesh gauntlet)

Strengths
Tough and can kill yough enemies with ease. can insta kill a few people with his casket.

Weaknesses
Is slow and will often see no point in hurrying. Also, being a dark eldar, is prone to going off on a tangent in a really important point (eg torturing some poor soul in the middle of a battle) and can easily get distracted by other things. Also, is loath to take advice from others and will do what he wants unless very strongly persuaded

Additional Notes
Can regenerate wounds himself

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
His head exploded!!! How Beautiful!!!

haha monkeys of death! how awsome good character darvy my character being a traitor to the imperium and yours a commisar will get along famously, also a gunslinging fast drawing type was what i was after so ill change it back and maybe increase my technique strength too at range and tone down agility to make up for it, and yeah i figue that i can be a support guy too

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu