Pictures of my first undead force!

  • The masquerade of murder returns! A new game of Vampires Amongst Us has begun. Unmask the killers, trust no one, and try to survive the night. Find out more and sign up now!
Hi there!

Here are some pics of what I've managed to complete so far!

dscn1092.jpg


dscn1095.jpg


dscn1096b.jpg


dscn1097p.jpg
dscn1098o.jpg
dscn1099g.jpg


dscn1100a.jpg


dscn1105p.jpg




MORE PICS: https://www.vampirecounts.net/showthread.php?tid=5119&pid=77532#pid77532
 
That's an incredibly cool model for a character and your paintjob makes it look even better!

I really like the strong red that you've kept throughout all of the miniatures. I can't wait to see some grave guard painted like this, I bet they'll look great as well. :D
 
Looking at it a bit more, I indeed agree with the bases. Green and red do not fit that great, a dark brown would fit better I think. It will be worth the experimenting.
 
I love a red army theme, I have one myself with red ghouls to red blood knights. Yours looks waaay better then mine.
 
well i suppose ill jump on the bright red bandwagon (buh dum tish)
it looks good
love the main character models

black knights should be interesting, are you doing black or red?
i just think a black colour scheme would be quite great because it would make your cavalry stand out

great work so far keep it up
 
I love that character. Which model is that? It looks Reaper-ish in style

I'd have to agree on the bases though - I think the bright green clashes with the red. Brown or black would work better IMO and would complement the red. Your earth is already brown so no worries there.
 
Today I've painted half of my regiment of Knights. I'm not sure I like the horses ATM, one minute I love them and the second I hate them and want to jump up and down on them, so feedbakc on theese will be greatly apreciated!:skull:

These are the cursed knights of Moussillion, ironicly now serving the same vampire they onced vowed to destroy..

Oh, and I just now read that this part of the forum is a no-WIP-zone so mod or admin please feel free to move this thread to the painting-log session of this forum! Sorry for the inconvenience!

888245742_DSCN1143.jpg


254440117_DSCN1144.jpg


402193629_DSCN1145.jpg


147271552_DSCN1146.jpg


924289779_DSCN1147.jpg
 
I can see why you've got a bit of doubt whether you like the horses or not. I think you can greatly improve them by adding a watered down wash of badab black. (or maybe a few of them), that way you'll have a more even look. Some of the glowing effect will be lost, but I think it just might turn out great.

I do like your new bases, looks more natural and creepy at the same time. I olso like the large areas of black on your horses' barding, it gives them a strong color and makes the red stand out more.

If you'd like you could paint some heraldry on the shields of the horses, might be as simple as a drop of blood or a skull.... (both can be done in black, it would complement the rest of your model)

Keep up the good work, I admire your painting speed!
 
Great clean work Fallen Angel. Your colour scheme carries well across the full army, however the one thing that stands out to me is the brightness. I think the armour especially needs so shading, I would recommend a wash, but not all over. Put some on the tip of the brush and run it in the areas that should be darker, around rivets etc.

Oh, and you forget the flash lines down the front of the horses legs you naughty boy! Still, I really do like the paintjob you have given the horses, they have a great ethereal effect.
 
great work, i really like the mix between skeletons and bretonians and how you have added small touches, like tares in the horses cloth, that make the horses more undead than normal

i agree with le duc le moussilloun though, put a few black or brown washes on the red to make them a bit stronger
 
and realistic! not like the standard "you can see it used to be polystyrene and it doesn't blend into the rest of the board" style scenery.
 
who doesnt love scenic bases and scenery, i thought the undead were invading the shire there for a moment
the only thing that would make that look better is if you had a zombie banging on the door (Shaun of the Dead style)

speaking of the undead doorstops are you doing any zombies, i cant wait to see some blood soaked zombies using your good red talents
 
sounds good ill be waiting here for it

forty zombies should be a good start, gives you alot of them to put on for a small game while giving you some more to raise later on
 
they look good, i really like how youve taken the time to kill the horses, the one with the popped open eye is wierd
great work on the red, its really solid and a good counter to the black
the gold ties in with this theme really well because it is also a nice solid colour

the champions sword looks good as well, looks a bit darker so that its like marble...
 

About us

  • Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu