• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Count Vashra

Lord of Shadows
True Blood
Sep 29, 2013
New Zealand
Revised character sheet posted. Removal of broken abilities, toning down of magic (and I thought 2 was low!) and a detailed description of his struggle with the beast within even before his turning.

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Apr 23, 2008
Behind the Throne
Count Vashra said:
Revised character sheet posted. Removal of broken abilities, toning down of magic (and I thought 2 was low!) and a detailed description of his struggle with the beast within even before his turning.

I always looked at it this way:

Magical Talent 1-2: An apprentice who's been studying for maybe a decade or two. (Say a 20 year old Battle Wizard who's been studying since they were 6).
Magical Talent 2-4: Average Human Mage who's attended the Colleges of Magic since they were young
Magical Talent 5-6: Human educated by the College of Magic who has a high level of natural ability.
Magical Talent 7-8: The rarest of rare. Those few human magi who transcend the limitations of human kind and learnt the greatest arcane secrets of the College they're in. They would be the Wizard Lords, The High Magisters, The Patriarchs themselves etc.

Then 9, 10 being beyond what any human could ever hope to be but what a vamp might rise to given enough centuries and talent.

Magical Strength on the other hand is partially independant of age. It could be naturally high or naturally low. Higher probably being the more talented wizards with low not necessarily meaning unskilled but perhaps a weakness they have to use sheer skill to balance out.
As a vamp grows older though their natural strength in magic would probably rise (the level of which perhaps depending on the bloodline and if the vamp is actively developing the skills to gather more Dhar/Magic to himself.).

Count Vashra

Lord of Shadows
True Blood
Sep 29, 2013
New Zealand
Don't worry! There's only myself, you and Get of W'Soran so far, so I believe one or two more will be needed (Nightwere's decision, of course, but I doubt there will be a three character roleplay (excluding NPCs)).

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Apr 23, 2008
Behind the Throne
I'm sure if Nightwere wants to he can also set it up so that drop-in characters are possible.

Err...still need to write that introduction letter...woops.

Mr Nightwere

Necromancer
May 30, 2009
Nuln
Hey I can run with one, No worries to me I was going to start but I didn't get the letter from GoW before I write the intro.

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Apr 23, 2008
Behind the Throne
Mr Nightwere said:
Hey I can run with one, No worries to me I was going to start but I didn't get the letter from GoW before I write the intro.

Sorry mate, I'll try and get this done ASAP.

Between being ill, work and uni I just haven't had the time.

Mr Nightwere

Necromancer
May 30, 2009
Nuln
No worries my friend, Life does indeed happen. It's just helpful when starting to introduce you and a letter helps the creative juices flowing.

@Count Vashra I shall also request a letter from your character or his sire to Harrindir about the move if you are planning to visit Nuln via Harrindir or weather you are simply visiting. Harrindir has been apart of the Von carstien court before now, thus your sire may have met Vaskatchi?? I like the idea of Letters being sent it pleases me, there for I shall implement it into the recruitment requirements.:vampire3:

Duke Danse Macabre

The Duke
True Blood
Sep 16, 2010
Sunderland, United Kingdom
Well I'm going to reuse a old RP name of mine as that RP died at the start and i never really got to use the name alas. :(

Nice character call there Mr Nightwere with the Countesses "Sister". ;)

Full Name: Lady Arabella Dietrich
Associated Names: Drake Dietrich
Bloodline: Blood Dragon
Sire: Lady Natasja Dresden
Generation: 4th
Place of Birth: Nuln

Height: 4 ft 6 Inches
Hair Colour: Bright Scarlet Red
Eyes: Cats Eye Green
Skin: Pale White (Before being Turned)

Description:
A small dainty looking girl, a doll of sorts but is at odds with her actual abilities as she is not quiet, shy or any trait you would expect from one so small, her hair falls back flowing over her shoulders standing stark against her alabaster skin.
Always dressed for the occasion in the finest that can be had be it a expensive silk dress with gold embroidery or the finest armour to come out of the forges of Nuln she always dresses to kill.

Personality:
A social oddity Arabella would be considered a social Piranha by most (Yes a piranha) know mainly for her ability to turn from sweet to savage at the drop of a hat, a sweet girl to those she knows but show to forgive and more cunning than what you would expect her years to allow.
Educated from a young age at how to behave in court she held a flair in everything she did even when toeing the line due to her duel nature, as she was the youngest of 3 sisters and having no brothers to speak of her father had given her the attention growing up that he had hoped to his son and where as they were close and a loving daughter and parent are she became some what of a tom by due to these attentions preferring sword play, falconry and hunting over what was considered more womanly pursuits.

Brief History:
The third of three sisters Arabella was born into a noble house, her father hoping for a male heir lavished his time upon her and where as at times she must toe the line expected of a young lady she is a fighter at heart and her family would have it no other way, always the strongest of her sisters it was not unusual for others to refer to her as the oldest of the siblings where as what she lacked in years was made up for with experience.
Her mother left but a few years prior to join the Empire in another one of the countless chaos wars and had yet to return, there had been no news of her but to one of her skill that did not mean a great deal, you see her mother was a battle wizard, uncommon may it be for a lady to take up the mantle she had impressive powers as a youth manifesting themselves of their own accord, of course this attracted the attention of Witch Hunters but yet more importantly Elspeth Von Drak, One of Nulns greatest protectors to her side to shield her from hard and see her spirited away to Altdorf to learn to control her powers before returning.
Her powers only starting to manifest fully by the age of 14 she was home schooled by her mother which was known to many in the courts of nuln and was expected to be sent away to Altdorf should she decide to pass the title of heir to one of her sisters.
Where as she was the youngest she was the strongest and the wisest which also meant she was the one who could not have the simple life no matter what she decided, in her future lay only death and hardship as far as the eye could see and it did not look like it was about to get any easier any time soon.

Magic:
Magical Lore's Known: Death
Raw Magical Power: 3
Magical Skill: 2

Equipment:
Master Crafted Longsword
Twin Master Crafted Rapiers
A eloquent wardrobe befitting a Noble Woman's Station with the Jewelry to match.
A Number of jerkins and traveling clothes of reasonable and beautiful quality to suit any Drake
A Black Tricorn Hat
Sheaths for all Weapons

Armour:
A Master Crafted White Ali-baster Suit of plate Armour, made to size to fit like a glove set with elaborate scroll work.

Pendant of the Midnight Sun:
A Ruby Pendant in a dwarf made white gold setting and chain set about her neck enchanted for her by her mother as a gift for her 16th summer, The Pendant itself was designed to ward away harm which only took action in the direst of situations which had been shown in the past when hunting and a charging boar had run its head into the ground in a flash of blazing light breaking its own neck when charging her unarmed or again when she was 17 and attempted to conjure a fire to heat her chambers only to see the fire in her hands growing in size and strength before dissipating to nothing.
Whatever the items strength though each time it left he exhausted and in deep need of rest as it took the strength it needed from herself.

Strengths:
Quick Wit and Guile
Master Use of Blades
Understanding of magic and its Applications and how it can be directed

Weaknesses:
The Arrogance of Youth
Fiery Demeanor
Does not know Limits (has always been the big fish in the small pound and has never shied away from a change and as a result does not understand that somethings are above her)

Mr Nightwere

Necromancer
May 30, 2009
Nuln
1: Power 1 and skill one is as far as I can stretch. past posts have talked about the magic of Warhammer and 1 is still a first level wizard who has spent years in hard study so I can see maybe 9 years with innate magical talent however your skill in bladed combat will be suffering. the ability to handle death may be out also... fire sure.

2: how were you turned and why? where have you been for 2 years? and why are you working for Vaskatchi? these are Important things I'll need to know.

3:What was the title of your Nobel family? THIS IS FOR ALL WHO WANT TO BE NOBEL look back to find info about this kind of stuff. Also who is your husband they are more than likely to marry you off no matter what temperament you may be under or was there an interesting reason why you were not married or were you in the past and something terrible happened????

4: I will allow your magic item but you probably will not know the difference between dwarf made or human or elf made there is just not enough context and its not wise to flash it around to much.

5: You realize how expensive a set of full plate is on its own right? for this time even with a war like culture like the empire that's for only the most wealthy to lavish themselves upon. This would mean that your name is known if you got it from your Nobel family and be of some influence in the court of Nuln or people will be hunting down every scrap of detail they can find out about you, even with the swords. Because they are quite an item, expensive to create and people will want to know all about you. (I'm just letting you know because people will be confused about it if you decide to wear it out or something, its quite a show of wealth to own and things will be set in motion fun things perhaps?)

This is an important note to make here I'm gonna be a little hard on some lore stuff with this game, for instance Witch hunters are a problem and you do not want them anywhere near you. Vaskatchi is not your friend he is a vampire, and he has an agenda. You cause havoc and he will pimp slap you and throw you to the wolves faster than you can blink.
Nobels are much the same, people are much the same look out for yourself or die that's how I feel dark fantasy is and that's Warhammer.

I will try to write up a comprehensive list of the role play as it stands and thread it in the first post of the action

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Apr 23, 2008
Behind the Throne
Nightwere are we using the TVC scale for magic? (e.g. 1-2 is a level one wizard?)

Or are we using the tabletop? (Lv. 1-4)

Btw I have the letter and explanation of battles mostly written up, I'll post it up once I'm home.

P.S. Everytime I read Nobel I kept thinking of the Nobel Prize. And the Nobel Prize in vampirism goes to...

Duke Danse Macabre

The Duke
True Blood
Sep 16, 2010
Well as it stands I have yet to refine the character so I have only added the first layer so far.

1) Where as I can agree with the change in the power of the magic, however the Magisterix of the Amethyst College is Elspeth Von Draken who is based out of Nuln and a protector of the city itself.
If you were to default to magic outside of necromancy it would either be Death to be lore accurate, if fire I could not of been part taugh and would still be studying in Altdorf for the Lore of Fire will not work within the confines of the lore.

2) I'll cover that but i only just started the character and have yet to fully flesh her out.

3) It already lists why I am not married as I was raised as a male heir would be as my father had no male children.
In regards to the noble family I am still looking into the finer details.

4) Nuln possesses the largest number of dwarf craftsmen in trades of jewlery, weapon smithing, armour making and a number of other things.
Now this is listed in a number or lore books as well as novels and even in Gotrek and Felix it lists dwarfs as Engines who have their own workshops in the gunnery school and train Human Engineers.
Anyone being of Noble birth and being able to afford such things in a city where dwarf work is more common place than anywhere else in the empire should be able to know dwarf work.
Now I'm happy to make it none dwarf but they would know the difference.

5) I think you do however understimate Nuln as it is the only place in the empire where armour and such weapons are common place, Nuln is the forge of the empire, nearly everything comes from there and it is in fact a rarity for people not to own such items.
Now take into account that you call swords rare items, every banit, sell sword, millita for miles around has a sword a peice, this is really not common place, if your basing it on 1400's Europe that would be the case but this is not Europe.

I like the dark take but i feel we are missing out a fair few facts from the lore so far.

Mr Nightwere

Necromancer
May 30, 2009
Nuln
1:Yes Tvc 1-10. 1-2 being warhammer equivalent of a first level wizard.

2: I was thinking you had studied fire my mistake death is fine, if it have been the field you have studied.

3: It's OK i was just giving feed back, helps keep me involved and helps with my own understanding of the lore which may have gotten rusty.

4: I would debate that dwarf Jewelry would be one thing but enchanted dwarf items are seldom traded to humans. My argument was based in that you wouldn't because they will be unhappy with you owning it possibly dispute your claim to it given its crafts man. Nuln as far as i understand it is mostly bases in engineering and though all the Dwarven crafts would be there rune smiths are unlikely given Dwarves proclivity to keep their magic very secretive. So you can have the item and you can understand what it does some what discover but it's identity will be somewhat of a mystery.

5: Master crafts are always considered rare, and you have 4 of them I did not know about your mother being the protector? therefor I can see that you would have items like that but I would also argue that though you could have attained them in Nuln they were still very expensive and a show of wealth. Items like swords and armor these are career items even in this universe not everyone has access to the but villagers can still defiantly have them, given the amount of wars and the amount of gear that would be just left there a great deal many would have them. I'll use a system of money from a role playing system I used called dragon quest, they market that the average wage of a peasant to live is about 20 silver pennies, that's staying alive and being at negatives in combat and experience gain because of the focus to just stay alive for one week. 400 silver pennies was improved plate armor which is custom fit to the person its for, adding about 200 extra for flash and detail that's 600 silver pennies which is more than half a year living for peasants 45 was the average for people without negatives. so you can understand its and expensive thing to own but people do indeed own them I was just making sure when Eg. you were walking in plate armor about the place and the street urchant tried to steal your purse you understood why?

PS The Nobel prize totally goes to Gow for his discoveries on applied vampirisum and its effects in Magical storms ;)

Duke Danse Macabre

The Duke
True Blood
Sep 16, 2010
Not to worry, I am a big vamp lore fan but I am also a poster child for Nuln so i had to jump in here.
As I said allot to yet refine but not to worry, I will round off the edges soon enough.

4) You misunderstand what I said, its a Dwarf chain and fitting for the gem but the gem is what is enchanted which is fit in it but of course not dwarf made, a gift from my characters mother who was a wizard but currently Missing in action.
I would agree with you if it was dwarf "magic" but it is not, just the chain and setting is, I would be happy to replace it with white gold if preferred though or silver if we are playing the point that silver only hurts once it is used as a weapon and not simply worn.
As there is so many types of vampire living and dead in the old world I need to be careful with kind of thing. ;)

5) I'm willing to compromise this point but once again I would say you underestimate the foundries of Nuln.
The city is so far into its crafting its streets are filled with smoke as is the sky above on even the clearest of days.
So I would Default to the Single Master Crafted long sword which can be explained as acting as my fathers female heir lacking a male, a standard rapier of good quality and a Good quality Plate suit matching the imagery previously given, understand the character as a modern day tom boy having to still be the dutiful daughter at court but learning the trade of battle as a matter of pride from her family to pass it on to the next generation, a all your eggs in one basket sort.

The reactions can be understood but at the same time a noble family having a reasonable amount of wealth and some items is to be expected, noble don't last long when poor after all, thats why a tavern whore in armour would raise a few eyebrows where as a noble lady in armour is just uncommon.
Remember the sisters of Sigmar and allot more besides. ;)

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Apr 23, 2008
Behind the Throne
Duke Danse Macabre said:
5) I'm willing to compromise this point but once again I would say you underestimate the foundries of Nuln.
The city is so far into its crafting its streets are filled with smoke as is the sky above on even the clearest of days.
So I would Default to the Single Master Crafted long sword which can be explained as acting as my fathers female heir lacking a male, a standard rapier of good quality and a Good quality Plate suit matching the imagery previously given, understand the character as a modern day tom boy having to still be the dutiful daughter at court but learning the trade of battle as a matter of pride from her family to pass it on to the next generation, a all your eggs in one basket sort.

The reactions can be understood but at the same time a noble family having a reasonable amount of wealth and some items is to be expected, noble don't last long when poor after all, thats why a tavern whore in armour would raise a few eyebrows where as a noble lady in armour is just uncommon.
Remember the sisters of Sigmar and allot more besides. ;)

I don't think it's anything to do with underestimating Nuln, if anything Nuln crafted armour and weapons would be more expensive than the norm due to superior craftsmanship.

If we're basing this on anything near renissance age truth then only very rich families could afford plate armour, it was ridiculously expensive. (True plate armour not jousting armour).

Sigmund for example would be hard pressed to purchase an expensive set but his armour was given to him for high contributions to the Knightly Order before he "retired".

Also a woman in armour, even a noble one (perhaps especially a noble) would be considered exceptionally odd. It would mark the family as weird and possibly greatly damage reputation at court especially with the more traditionalist families (although even the newest "age" families would think it very odd).
Frankly though if the head of a noble house was a registered wizard (is that even possible? I always thought a family "give up" their children when they joined the colleges. Afterall if your magical abilities are discovered young you're sent to the colleges, discovered older and you're probably gonna be killed.) then their political career is probably on the way down, down, down anyway.

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Apr 23, 2008
Behind the Throne
Send you the introduction letter from Sigmunds sire in a PM.

Summary of Actions as a Knight

Since Sigmund was involved in quite a few things I'll just mention those he's most renowned for.

Age 13 – Tall for his age Sigmund “borrowed” a suit of jousting armour and took part in a Tourney thrown in honour of a recent triumph Nuln had won. He came third in the lance before being found out to be a mere boy. Despite some outrage he widely impressed the nobility and especially many of the knights attending. He was offered a position as Squire to a Preceptor of the Knights Griffon.

Age 16 – Rode as squire to Preceptor Oswald during the Battle of Steingart, an encounter between the Knights Griffon numbering 150 knights (plus sergeants and squires) against a relatively small orc horde. The battle was sudden for the orcs had suddenly descended from the black mountains wiping out local militia giving the local lords no time to raise forces. The Knights gathered all they could and rode out to try and at least halt the oncoming threat. During the battle Sigmund sees a squadron of knights in trouble on the right flank and he commands the other squires to take the spare horses and lances that they carry for their masters and ride to the aid of the squadron, the charge breaks the orcish advance long enough for the right flank to recover and personally slays a noticeably large orc. Despite apparent criticism for his recklessness he is soon offered a position as a full initiate within the Order despite his young age.

Age 22-23 – Rode with a multi-province force to defend Nordland against Norse invaders, fights in a battle outside Norden that breaks the foreign force before retiring with his Order back to Nuln.

Age 29 – Newly promoted to Preceptor Sigmund leads 40 knights and a force of State Troops alongside a Reikland Force under an Altdorf noble against “The Forest King of Grissenwald”, a bandit group that had been raiding Reikland and Wissenland for years as a minor threat who had somehow managed to gather quite a large force consisting of both men and mutants. Due to the sheer incompetence and cowardice of the General Sigmund took command of the force and at the peak of the battle he fought the so called “King”, a colossally huge man bearing an axe covered in unholy markings, in single combat. Sigmund took the other man’s head and led his force to utterly slaughter the heretical force.
He went to Altdorf alongside some of his brothers to receive Imperial commendation from the Emperor’s office.

Age 34 – Unknown. Sigmund and twenty knights left he Order in the company of half a dozen witch hunters and various Imperial soldiery. Only Sigmund and two other knights returned to the order, one of whom died soon after.

Duke Danse Macabre

The Duke
True Blood
Sep 16, 2010
The point is not only do they have the quality but the huge qunatity as well.
Supply inside the city outstrips demand, only shipping out is in high demand which is to be expected as every cannon in the Empire is forged in Nuln.

But this is not renissance is the problem, all lore and background on Nuln is widely avalible and this is a very different world, they make giant steam power ships that fire cannons, you can't compare them to closly to this world in the same way you can't compare a duck and a orange.

Ok I am going to point out that ALL empire Knightly orders that are reckonised are furnished with full dwarf crafted plate, this is listed in the dwarf army book, the empire armoy book, the empire heraldry book, sword of jusice, sword of vengence and more besides.
Vampire and Empire are my two main armies and I'm a big lore buff, love tearing into old books on the armies to find out old forgotton lore but these are more commonly known.

I will RE-highlight a few key facts as they seem to of been forgotton.
Since the time of Sigmar female warriors were common place, they became more uncommon as time progressed but are not unheard of, the Sisters of Sigmar are one example of armoured female warriors, you have Drakes in every city which are essentially female duelists, in Kislev which is thought of as part of the empire though seperate but close allies famale warriors are as common as male and women still take to the field of battle in the empire as well in numerous roles.
Now in regards to the magic aspect I explained that the head of the family was my father in this case but the magic user was my mother, at no point though does being a wizard mean they can not bear children, in this you have confused them with the Church of Sigmar.
My characters abilities manifested themselves at an older age, now seeing that my family is a noble one, my mother being a Battle Wizard of the College of Death, the head of the college being based in Nuln, now with this being the case she was taught at home by her mother before being due to be sent to the college of magic in Altdorf if she could not be taught by the head in Nuln as an exception but has now become a Vampire which changes things some what so taking that into account this is the part of the story for my character i still need to flesh out which I will be doing shortly.
You must remember that the death college is well loved in Nuln, Witch Hunters every so often have tried to hunt Elspeth Von Draken and have died for their trouble having acted outside the law and again someone allot more powerful than them, the Head of the order being a strong friend and protector of Nuln enjoys a high position in court as one of the chief advisors of the countess which is explained in the Forge world books as well, taking this into account, a partially trained Death Wizard still in training is not going to be shunned :thumbsup:

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Apr 23, 2008
Behind the Throne
Duke Danse Macabre said:
The point is not only do they have the quality but the huge qunatity as well.
Supply inside the city outstrips demand, only shipping out is in high demand which is to be expected as every cannon in the Empire is forged in Nuln.

I too am a massive fan of the Empire :thumbsup: Great taste!

I can honestly say I've never read ANYTHING about the demand for plate armour being outstripped by demand.
Nuln would export their armour all over the Empire. It would take wealth to import it, true it would be cheaper in Nuln itself but still a substantial sum. Average Nobles could indeed afford it and it would probably be recognized as a considerable investment.
Lesser houses (Like Sigmund's) would be hard pressed to afford it although being knights they would likely do it anyway.

But this is not renissance is the problem, all lore and background on Nuln is widely avalible and this is a very different world, they make giant steam power ships that fire cannons, you can't compare them to closly to this world in the same way you can't compare a duck and a orange.

Definitely very true, I agree :)

Ok I am going to point out that ALL empire Knightly orders that are reckonised are furnished with full dwarf crafted plate, this is listed in the dwarf army book, the empire armoy book, the empire heraldry book, sword of jusice, sword of vengence and more besides.
Vampire and Empire are my two main armies and I'm a big lore buff, love tearing into old books on the armies to find out old forgotton lore but these are more commonly known.

Isn't a LOT of it made by err "Imperial" dwarves (e.g. Dwarves from outside their racial strongholds?)
Either way yup a lot of the Knightly Orders have dwarf forged armour, considered almost precious to the order noted a few times in the Reiksguard novel when they consider losing a set would be bad.

I will RE-highlight a few key facts as they seem to of been forgotton.
Since the time of Sigmar female warriors were common place, they became more uncommon as time progressed but are not unheard of, the Sisters of Sigmar are one example of armoured female warriors, you have Drakes in every city which are essentially female duelists, in Kislev which is thought of as part of the empire though seperate but close allies famale warriors are as common as male and women still take to the field of battle in the empire as well in numerous roles.
I forget nothing! And I resent the implication! :tongue:
Seriously though in "Tribal" times there were warrior-queens and such, a great women warriors but that is neither here nor there.
In "modern" Imperial times it is considered exceptionally odd for a woman to bear arms and they aren't generally accepted into the state troops (maybe there's an obscure "female" regiment, I don't know but if there is then we're ignoring these "snowflake" examples).
There used to be the Sisters of Sigmar but they're gone and they're considered heretical now. I'm betting you're fully aware of that though so lets move on.
In many black library novels, taking Blackhearts for example:

SPOILER

When they find out about the soldier being a woman they all have a fit, refuse to let her fight, try to protect her, are outraged at the situation etc etc.

Not going to even touch on Kislevite customs because they're a different society and it doesn't matter.

Now in regards to the magic aspect I explained that the head of the family was my father in this case but the magic user was my mother, at no point though does being a wizard mean they can not bear children, in this you have confused them with the Church of Sigmar.
Not confused at all on this point.

My characters abilities manifested themselves at an older age, now seeing that my family is a noble one, my mother being a Battle Wizard of the College of Death, the head of the college being based in Nuln, now with this being the case she was taught at home by her mother before being due to be sent to the college of magic in Altdorf if she could not be taught by the head in Nuln as an exception but has now become a Vampire which changes things some what so taking that into account this is the part of the story for my character i still need to flesh out which I will be doing shortly.
The simple point was that no one, born high or low, is given a choice if their magical ability is known. They are sent off to the colleges in Altdorf, no influence in the Empire would dare try to counter such a law.

You must remember that the death college is well loved in Nuln, Witch Hunters every so often have tried to hunt Elspeth Von Draken and have died for their trouble having acted outside the law and again someone allot more powerful than them, the Head of the order being a strong friend and protector of Nuln enjoys a high position in court as one of the chief advisors of the countess which is explained in the Forge world books as well, taking this into account, a partially trained Death Wizard still in training is not going to be shunned :thumbsup:
If they're a member of the colleges that's fine. I was just mentioning that even where they trained using all the proper methods if they had not went and studied at the colleges for some period of time before being "apprenticed out" to a mage in Nuln then they would be executed for illegal sorcery.
Also no matter how trusted the college is most non-magi would still view them with suspicion, especially a college associated with death. Of course you'll have many important nobles in court being fully respectful but there'll always be the suspicious and superstitious nobles at court.

Note: I'm not really disagreeing with any of your points, just expanding on them with the info I'm sure off but in the end of the day all the final say lies with Nightwere anyway :)
Honestly I'm just posting out of boredom more than anything >..>

P.S. I really like your character :D Interesting addition to Sir Lahmian's court! Just one question is she a fighter type, mage type, jack of all trades or awesome at both? (Awesome in relative terms that is)

Duke Danse Macabre

The Duke
True Blood
Sep 16, 2010
I'll make this quick as back at work in under 3 hours. (woe be me) :(

Yes the Empire is awesome indeed and you likewise have great taste.
Now sorry if I sound a little off at times but I write half my reply's when in work so I have to rush them and writ it over a couple hours 2 minutes here and there, no exaggeration.

Now it has been noted that the Demand for things forged in Nuln exceeds what they can produce which is why the forges never sleep, this is mentioned frequently in gotrek and felix.
A noble can afford full plate, that part is not so expensive, Great swords come in half plate which is dwarf forged as well.
However full made dwarf plate is expensive which are the serious money makers though these would tend to be Gromil like those used by the Rieksguard, Hellborg and who have you.

Most of the dwarf forged armour is in fact heirlooms created in the infancy of the empire and not "Imperial dwarf" forged but dwarf forged in its own right, it is also listed though again in gotrek and felix that new one are made but these are still dwarf made and come in by ship, same as the gun powder (there was a arguement about the dwarfs being unhappy giving it for the cost of its creation).

But there are still a number of female warriors, granted they are not great in number in modern times but they are not shunned, only bretonia and the Empire truth be told seem to have minimal numbers of female fighters.
I am also aware with the sister of sigmar, they are however still female warriors, what happens after not so important, same as the hulk stealing that motorbike in avengers. Details not important. ;)

It seemed like you had mixed the roles of my father and my mother up in this was all in regards to wizarding and what not.

Now for the colleges this is more for the RP.
Reason being there are exceptions made from time to time, they are rare but it does happen, now as the one in my characters Bio who would be taking over my education would be the Grand Master of the Amethyst College it adds more flavor and political weight, taking in mind Nuln has been trying to establish a small college themselves in the lore over since aldorf got the colleges even though Nuln was at the time the capital its something that could be state sponsored.
You also have to remember Gelt hates Von Draken, reason being even in white dwarf lore and novel he is a very anything to win character and comes off as out for his own ends, Von Draken is his greatest rival but she has never offered challenge, this is a threat to his leadership so this tends to reflect badly especially seeing as death wizards are normally so loved.
Now my Character would be registered but I need time to flesh her out so don't worry.

So far we are looking at a battlemage, so some combat ability but not proficient as you would expect a vetran officer, same can be said for magic but she has the double threat.

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Apr 23, 2008
Behind the Throne
Duke Danse Macabre said:
I'll make this quick as back at work in under 3 hours. (woe be me) :(

Yes the Empire is awesome indeed and you likewise have great taste.
Now sorry if I sound a little off at times but I write half my reply's when in work so I have to rush them and writ it over a couple hours 2 minutes here and there, no exaggeration.

No worries! I usually do the same!

Now it has been noted that the Demand for things forged in Nuln exceeds what they can produce which is why the forges never sleep, this is mentioned frequently in gotrek and felix.
A noble can afford full plate, that part is not so expensive, Great swords come in half plate which is dwarf forged as well.
However full made dwarf plate is expensive which are the serious money makers though these would tend to be Gromil like those used by the Rieksguard, Hellborg and who have you.

That's fair, I just can't recall it myself (fail memory is fail).

Most of the dwarf forged armour is in fact heirlooms created in the infancy of the empire and not "Imperial dwarf" forged but dwarf forged in its own right, it is also listed though again in gotrek and felix that new one are made but these are still dwarf made and come in by ship, same as the gun powder (there was a arguement about the dwarfs being unhappy giving it for the cost of its creation).

I really didn't know that, I thought the dwarven plate that the knightly orders had was just modernish made plate forged for ze Empire allies.

But there are still a number of female warriors, granted they are not great in number in modern times but they are not shunned, only bretonia and the Empire truth be told seem to have minimal numbers of female fighters.
I am also aware with the sister of sigmar, they are however still female warriors, what happens after not so important, same as the hulk stealing that motorbike in avengers. Details not important. ;)
This I have to disagree with though, details are very important. Being a religious order they were an exception rather than the rule and they no longer exist.
Of course female warriors exist! :D My point was just in the Empire itself it is seen as freakish and weird for a woman to fight.
However this point doesn't really have anything to do with your character anyway because
a) She's a noble, due to her father's lack of children it's easy to see him going all eccentric and training his daughter(s) in a military fashion.
b) She's a battle wizard who are all "soldiers" (often in a very loose sense but still) to some degree anyway. :tongue:

It seemed like you had mixed the roles of my father and my mother up in this was all in regards to wizarding and what not.
I thought the mother was the mage and the father the Lord?

Now for the colleges this is more for the RP.
Reason being there are exceptions made from time to time, they are rare but it does happen, now as the one in my characters Bio who would be taking over my education would be the Grand Master of the Amethyst College it adds more flavor and political weight, taking in mind Nuln has been trying to establish a small college themselves in the lore over since aldorf got the colleges even though Nuln was at the time the capital its something that could be state sponsored.
You also have to remember Gelt hates Von Draken, reason being even in white dwarf lore and novel he is a very anything to win character and comes off as out for his own ends, Von Draken is his greatest rival but she has never offered challenge, this is a threat to his leadership so this tends to reflect badly especially seeing as death wizards are normally so loved.
This is the part I don't get, can I ask where you got it all from, I love the colleges so any further reading would rock.

All I know from Masters of Magic and Realms of Sorcery books are that
a) Death college is widely NOT liked because people (nobles and peasants alike, even some other colleges) consider them too close to Necromancy. I've read this in many, many places.
Masters of Magic also has a guy who lives in Altdorf as the College Patriarch...sooo accuracy clearly varies on that novel's part :tongue:

b) Realms of Sorcery is quite strong on the point that they must attend the college as soon as their magical ability is found. But like you said, if you have the Patriarch of the entire college on your side then she could just probably do the "paperwork" to say you trained at the college and then teach you herself in Nuln.

c) In a few black library books it's stated that Altdorf is the only city with Battle Wizards (not counting one or two court wizards here or there), of the top of my head it's mentioned by the Nordland Count in Reiksguard when he's getting snappy with the Reikmarshal.

So far we are looking at a battlemage, so some combat ability but not proficient as you would expect a vetran officer, same can be said for magic but she has the double threat.
Very Cool :cool:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu