Reverse engineering

  • The masquerade of murder returns! A new game of Vampires Amongst Us has begun. Unmask the killers, trust no one, and try to survive the night. Find out more and sign up now!

Draykorinee

Grave Guard
Sep 10, 2014
213
Zombies
142
TLDR: I need to figure out how to paint my new models like this. It has a silver metalic black which I dont get how to do, is it black with silver dry painted on top??

ai61.tinypic.com_jug46w.webp
 
Long version

I won an ebay for 2 chariots, 6 chaos knights a chaos sorcer and an exalted hero for a ridiculous £13 which I only caught because I mistyped in EBay after trying to find something else, so now I'm building a chaos army :P
 
Good deal you've gotten yourself there!

This looks like a pretty quick and easy effect to achieve. It doesn't seem to be highlighted at all. Here are a few methods I'd suggest:

For the easiest and quickest way: Basecoat Leadbelcher / Wash Nuln Oil until happy with the appearance.

For a little more detail but still quick and easy: Basecoat Leadbelcher / Wash Nuln Oil / Dry brush lightly with Leadbelcher until happy.

If you have some more time and patience to get a better result, I'd recommend: Basecoat Leadbelcher / Wash Nuln Oil / Dry brush lightly with Leadbelcher / Highlight Ironbreaker / Wash Nuln Oil once or twice.
 
Last edited:
Yeah you could probably get away with leadbelcher spray basecoat + nuln oil (or, better yet, a vallejo alternative) + light (!!) drybrushed leadbelcher highlights. I'd probably go over and edge in a brighter silver as well, just to give some definition (i.e. along extreme edges of places where the light would catch).

Cool buy, though. Those are some oldschool 5th edition chaos warriors, which is cool to see. I have a whole army of those guys from back in the day. Keep intending to do something with them eventually.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Draykorinee

About us

  • Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu