• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Draykorinee

Grave Guard
Sep 10, 2014
TLDR: I need to figure out how to paint my new models like this. It has a silver metalic black which I dont get how to do, is it black with silver dry painted on top??

ai61.tinypic.com_jug46w.jpg

Draykorinee

Grave Guard
Sep 10, 2014
Long version

I won an ebay for 2 chariots, 6 chaos knights a chaos sorcer and an exalted hero for a ridiculous £13 which I only caught because I mistyped in EBay after trying to find something else, so now I'm building a chaos army :P

Farmer7574

Vampire Count
True Blood
Dec 10, 2013
England
Good deal you've gotten yourself there!

This looks like a pretty quick and easy effect to achieve. It doesn't seem to be highlighted at all. Here are a few methods I'd suggest:

For the easiest and quickest way: Basecoat Leadbelcher / Wash Nuln Oil until happy with the appearance.

For a little more detail but still quick and easy: Basecoat Leadbelcher / Wash Nuln Oil / Dry brush lightly with Leadbelcher until happy.

If you have some more time and patience to get a better result, I'd recommend: Basecoat Leadbelcher / Wash Nuln Oil / Dry brush lightly with Leadbelcher / Highlight Ironbreaker / Wash Nuln Oil once or twice.

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2013
Vancouver, Canada
Yeah you could probably get away with leadbelcher spray basecoat + nuln oil (or, better yet, a vallejo alternative) + light (!!) drybrushed leadbelcher highlights. I'd probably go over and edge in a brighter silver as well, just to give some definition (i.e. along extreme edges of places where the light would catch).

Cool buy, though. Those are some oldschool 5th edition chaos warriors, which is cool to see. I have a whole army of those guys from back in the day. Keep intending to do something with them eventually.

Reactions: Draykorinee

Hellion Nox

Grave Guard
Nov 10, 2014
Good to know, I was also looking to do the armors of my army in a black/red/gold(highlights) theme :)

Josef

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Aug 12, 2008
Texas
it looks as if they mixed silver with a black wash or applied a thick black wash over a silver base, you can also add a small amount of black to silver and that may get you the same effects, best of luck

Reactions: Draykorinee

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu