• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Irisado

Ancient Vampire Lord | Siphoner of Spammers
Staff member
True Blood
May 22, 2010
Nottingham, UK
It's great to see the old Wraiths being showcased. Like Borgnine, I really like the rusted metal of their weapons as a contrast to the ethereal blue. I am also a fan of the terrain pieces.

Farmer7574

Vampire Count
True Blood
Dec 10, 2013
England
@InkubPendragon Always cool stuff to look at here, I think it's because (aside from having painted them nicely) you lavish attention onto one or just a few miniatures per image and photoshop them into awesome looking scenery. Lovely work.

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2010
Some more undead things from the past

SDC19456_crop.JPG

SDC19479_crop.JPG

SDC19480_crop.JPG

SDC19486_crop.JPG

SDC19494_crop.JPG

SDC19518_crop.JPG

SDC19542_crop.JPG

SDC19545_crop0.JPG

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
Aug 20, 2012
Germany
Beautiful pics you got there. Those bones must be dry as hell, as old those models are ;) wonderful to see them in so lovely arrangements!

Nov 20, 2010
Thanks guys. I managed to paint some more undead (and some other miniatures too, but they are not undead so it doesn't really count;)).
SDC19660_crop.JPG

SDC19636_crop.JPG

SDC19633_crop.JPG

SDC19619_crop.JPG

SDC19587_crop.JPG

SDC19541_crop.JPG

Borgnine

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jun 15, 2013
Pruszkow, Poland
Great as usual! The one with two swords crossed above his head looks awesome, maybe I'll kitbash something similar to that ;) The bannerman is also awesome with that banner and striking blue-red scheme :thumbsup:

Borgnine

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jun 15, 2013
Pruszkow, Poland
Maybe not undead, but still pretty rotten, good! I really like how different they all are, yet also unified in their decay :) Those black swords look terrific!

Nov 20, 2010
Well, not really, most of them comes from my early years of interest in the hobby, rest is bought or traded for recently. I still have about that many unpainted and I'm looking for for missing designs.

Nov 20, 2010
I have had a pause in the hobby, roughly during 2000-2007,8 period. Many miniatures from this era were missing from my collection, some still are. For example, I didn't buy any plastic skeletons, released for late 5th edition, which were available from GW until recently (well, recently in this case is about 5 or more years). I didn't want them as I was looking for original metal parts, which were added to the box when it was released, which allowed to make a command group.

I managed to find some frames of skeletons and those metal parts recently, with only champion helmeted skull missing, so I started to paint a small unit armed with varied weapons, to get those miniatures into my painted stuff. First two miniatures are finished, champion (with metal axe, without champion skull) and an ordinary skeleton.

And it seems that quest for old miniatures never ends, because - as I dug deeper for a knowledge of those miniatures, I noticed that there were at least two variants of metal bitz and - later - plastic sprue with banner and some additional parts... Well... gotta have them all;)
SDC19920_crop.JPG

SDC19937_crop.JPG

Hmmm... Interesting... I didn't resize - accidentally - second photo and it is, of course, much better thanks to not being compressed so much. I have to think over my photography....

Borgnine

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jun 15, 2013
Pruszkow, Poland
Now you reminded me of those metal parts added to plastic kits, those were some weird times (not in a bad sense of the word) ;) I was never a big fan of those particular skeletons, but you made them look mighty good, that glowing eye on the second one adds very much to him :)

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
Aug 20, 2012
Germany
Yep, and again I can just second Borgnine. That eye looks sweet, nice glow effect! I for myself like the old skellies, even if they were kind of bulky in comparison to normal humans or the actual skeletons. What I really dislike, and that is something that bothers me even with your great paint job and the brillant scenery, is that GW designed that mace, or especially the Chain the way they did. It always looks kind of wrong, even in dynamic pose of the miniature. But nothing to bitch about your work here, cool as usual :bowdown:

Midnight_Fox

Zombie
Nov 8, 2017
Baton Rouge
Heh, I'm actually working on a box of those at the moment myself! Was able to find an original still in shrink for the original release price from a store in Mississippi whose owner prides himself on never altering prices from when he obtains a product. You can go through his blister section and watch how the prices have changed over the years on some products as well as find some nice old treasures.

Yours are way better than mine will turn out, though. ;)

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu