Santa's Workshop : NSFW Kharn

  • The masquerade of murder returns! A new game of Vampires Amongst Us has begun. Unmask the killers, trust no one, and try to survive the night. Find out more and sign up now!
RE: Imperial Guard Conversion

Santawraith said:
I am needing help before I buy a kit. I recently was asked to make a conversion for a commission.

A imperial guardsmen with a e tool (also known as a combat shovel) as a hand weapon and a laz pistol (I think he only said pistol)

I am hoping someone can tell me if the imperial cadian or catchtan infantry box sets have a shovel in them.

Only kit that contains the shovel is the cadian heavy weapons team box as far as I know, but that comes with kneeling legs and other fairly useless pieces. I have a few spare shovels if you're UK based, I don't mind sending them to you.

Alastor
 
RE: Imperial Guard Conversion

Any guard player will have a few of those shovels.
Also, the kneeling legs are pretty handy (I like to mix and match those legs with my guard squads)
 
RE: Traitor's legions and Deamons NSFW Khorne lord update 9-11-11

Thanks my friends for your kind words here is another for the same friend. Please do not ask about the square base as I am not sure why he based it like that too after he converted it to have a gun.

ai649.photobucket.com_albums_uu220_vannahscreations_Legion_20of_20Chaos_091111dreadnaught.webp
 
RE: Dragon Legion NSFW updated 9-6-11 Great Lord Nagash

Time to update my army plan and share with all of my friends

First a reexplaining of my army, It is a full undead army meaning it can use both rule books of the tomb kings(barrow kings) and vampire counts. Along with shortly being able to use the empire book. They now have within there ranks three individual armies. That will march together when times allow it.

First is my main vampire counts army the traditional vampire necromancers ghouls skeletons and zombies. It was my first army and I still can not let go. Actually it was undead back when I started. It even explains my love of the vampirescount.net forum I am posting this on.

Second is my barrow king army which started as a special campaign season with a barrow king named King Hargalf. I have continued the idea long after the end of the campaign.

Third is my revision of my sylvannian army which was started as a prevampire army which used the Von Drak colors which I have now replaced from purple and black to Vlad's red and black theme. I will be keeping a few elements I have painted of Von Drak's army. But fleshing the rest out as vlad's milita. The main reason is for a unified look on the shelf. And the fact I want to use some of my empire army as zombies at times or extra black knights.

Part of me is doing this as a before they were dead thought along with the living coexisting with the dead in the land of sylvania in the half modern times. Which was in part of a short story I read of fan fiction. I know it was not true fluff but was great. My empire army would also almost match a nuln army in a way. Giving the excuse I need to add additional special weapons into it.

Stay tuned for some of my first updates on the revision of my three armies. A fully united undead army plus there human allies.
 
RE: Dragon Legion NSFW updated 9-6-11 Great Lord Nagash

I love the ideas and the thought that went into creating all three of these armies! I myself have never considered doing an army that can be used in so many ways, but the thought is highly appealing!!
Can't wait to see more models too, those skeletal animals are pretty unique and I enjoy them. Any way to post the unit that contains them along side a different skeleton unit so we can see the size differences and the similarities that your painting has brought?
B
 
RE: Dragon Legion NSFW updated 9-6-11 Great Lord Nagash

Thanks for your kind words can you let me know which undead animals your interested seeing along side there unit's. I will get the pictures up for them. Actually it is about time my full army gets a group shot of finished models again.
 
RE: Dragon Legion NSFW updated 9-18-11 The Walking Dead

By the way Santa, if I were you I would blacken a few of arkhan's teef. The reason he is/was known as "Arkhan the Black" was because many of his teeth were black from all the alcoholic lotus drink he drank too much of. Even after he became an immortal, and later a living corpse, he was still recognisable from his black teeth.
 
RE: Dragon Legion NSFW updated 9-18-11 The Walking Dead

I knew of the reason he was arkan the black this is a remaking of the original style the white dwarves shown him as from when I First played. I appreciate your help, but it does not fit what I was going for. Sadly fluff about things has changed from the different era's one has to love gw for that.
 
RE: Dragon Legion NSFW updated 9-19-11 Test model C&C needed.

ai649.photobucket.com_albums_uu220_vannahscreations_Empire_91811sylvanianarcher.webp


I plan to use a few bretonnian's archer's as my empire archers as I feel the new archer's for empire suck.

Most of the time I post a wip or a test model I never explain what I am going after. So here goes.

My sylvania army marches at times beside the undead just like they did in the days of vlad. Thus the matching color's.

TO define diffrent unit's the coloring such as the red leggings and black tunic will alternate so that each unit on the field is the same color's. Yet each unit is it's own and stands out.

Pale skin Is on purpose, as I love the older monster movies. These people live in sylvania as such they are sickly from the dark magic's draining the land.
 
RE: Dragon Legion NSFW updated 9-19-11 Test model C&C needed.

There's nothing wrong with the colour scheme at all. A wash on the skin would certainly bring out the details on the hands in particular. And, like you say, the Bretonian archers are much better models. The black is a bit flat - always a difficult colour to highlight without it looking grey though.
 
RE: Dragon Legion NSFW updated 9-19-11 Test model C&C needed.

Which wash would you recommend. I was thinking to add a small bretonian force to my army trio but am not sure if I want too or what story to use for it.

The black looks flat in the picture but in real life it isn't really but agree hard to highlight without it looking grey.
 
RE: Dragon Legion NSFW updated 9-19-11 Test model C&C needed.

Maybe a watered down gryphonne sepia? You don't want to darken the skin tone, but just darken the recesses between the fingers and so on.

I did consider making a whole empire army with bretonians as they are far better models... Another project that will probably never happen - not that I haven't got enough to paint at the moment anyway...
 
RE: Dragon Legion NSFW updated 9-19-11 Test model C&C needed.

Thinking about it, just make your own darker skin tone up, really water it down and add a touch of washing up liquid. You'll always get a better result mixing the right colour rather than trying to find it on the shelf. Just right down what it was you mixed and in what quantities so you can make it again - something I've forgotten to do more than once!
 
RE: Dragon Legion NSFW updated 9-19-11 Test model C&C needed.

I am liking the paint scheme on your living soldiers, they will supplement your undead ranks very well once they all die! I agree on previous posts, the skin should remain pale but nothing like a watered down wash to bring out the detail. I always recommend badab black and devlan mud as those are a staple on all my minis. Perhaps make a few tests models and paint the skin with a different wash on each model and see what they look like next to each other and pick the one you think is most natural.

I also like your ideas on differentiating units. Good luck, and I hope to see some finished units soon!
 

About us

  • Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu