• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Count Vashra

Lord of Shadows
True Blood
Sep 29, 2013
New Zealand
Johann's main motivation is to collect power from blood sacrifices involving the Dark Knife, the Crown of Blood and the wearer of the Crown (whoever that may be). One power will be unlocked at a time. Should I list the powers he could potentially unlock now, and change their colour as/if they are unlocked to discuss their balance, or does everyone want to be (un)pleasantly surprised?

Sanai

Stylish Deviant
True Blood
Oct 30, 2009
Behind Darvy
That sounds about right- just let me know what you intend before you post anything not covered by the powers already listed for the crown in your bio.

The Dread King

Staff member
True Blood
Jan 28, 2012
I hope that post was OK! It's my first IC post in this RP and I have to admit, I've only briefly read some of the other IC posts. Please let me know if anything was wrong with that and I'll do my best to correct it!

My apologies for the awful lateness of this post. I should have more spare time to post in this RP over the next two weeks at least - I will do my best to ensure that I do not become absent in the long-term again.

Demian

Vampire Count
Oct 28, 2011
Hello everyone!

So... I've been wanting to roleplay for a little while, and more so in a VC enviroment. I'm also enjoying the End Times, and I'll try my first "english" roleplay in a forum. For this I'll be using a character that I've prepared for a while ago, but just now have the opportunity to give unlife to.

Yet I only have a question, so that I can finish the details of my character: Is the story's time before or after the Nagash book?

Thanks!

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Apr 23, 2008
Behind the Throne
Hello everyone!

So... I've been wanting to roleplay for a little while, and more so in a VC enviroment. I'm also enjoying the End Times, and I'll try my first "english" roleplay in a forum. For this I'll be using a character that I've prepared for a while ago, but just now have the opportunity to give unlife to.

Yet I only have a question, so that I can finish the details of my character: Is the story's time before or after the Nagash book?

Thanks!

I'm not positive (Sanai would answer this best) but I think it's set just before the novel, shortly after Mannfred had first magiced up his wall of bone.

I don't know. I found the sudden silence after my first IC post odd...I wonder if my lack of absence and the absence of action were linked ("Oh no it's TDK! Run for the hills!" :tongue: ).

*Whispers* Guys! He's onto us! :tongue:

Sanai

Stylish Deviant
True Blood
Oct 30, 2009
Behind Darvy
Its all my fault really, I will post in the morning when I get out of bed.

The story is set before/during the Nagash novel, at the point where Arkhan is in bretonnia stirring up trouble with Mallobaude and Mannfred is in Sylvania surrounded by walls of bone & faith.

It will eventually stretch out (hopefully) to run sort of alongside events in the Nagash novel & big book.

Demian

Vampire Count
Oct 28, 2011
Thank you! Well then, it is going to be interesting, considering the Nagash novel... hahaha.

I leave my character's creation here. I hope all is in order!

Player Name: Demian

Character Name: Emile "Demian" Ruthven

Type of Undead/Bloodline: Vampire, unknown bloodline (although he shares not the visible curse of a Strigoi. More details in the bio below).

Description: Demian wears an "iconic" crimson armor, typical of the Blood Dragons, and rides on a Barded Nightmare, as tradition dictates. His appearance, as any other vampire, denotes the curse of Undeath on plain sight, and only after battle, when his hunger has been sated, he appears a young man with black hair down to his shoulders, without style or fashion to match that of an attended noble in his prior life.

Bio:
Demian's story is filled with events that would normally be attributed to very poor or good luck, yet for the discerning eye, it becomes more of a pattern orchestrated, perhaps, by a sentient hand.

He was born a peasant in Bretonnia, who only gained proper (although abnormal) education due to his mother being a handmaiden of a lady in the province. Sent to battle right after becoming an adult, he survived the skirmish he was into, where he drew blood for the first time in his life. Afterwards, his innocence and lack of knowledge of the world led him to deliver an inaccurate report to his lord, yet his unusual education gave him the credibility needed to be trusted. He spoke of a great victory in his name, oblivious to the fact that, while his skirmish was won, the front crumbled. And so, he was sent to deliver a new message, preparing the troops for a counter-attack that could never be. Then, before a critical error was made, on the road to the front lines, he was ambushed by an unknown asailant.

The attacker left him and went on his way, not speaking a word or giving cause for the assault, but imparting a curse that would follow the young man for all eternity.

Before he could gather his wits to understand what had happened to him, he was captured by an Empire platoon. As he wore the symbols of a herald, he was questioned and tortured for information, but he could give no reply. His body was dying and he was turning into a monster. The wounds caused by the torture rose no question as to the poor state of his health, and after discovering the orders he carried, he was dismissed of future questioning. Then, as the Empire officers had no further use for him (and using the unknowingly false information he carried to make a future mistake themselves), they decided to trade him as a slave, to a very select and secretive society, who threw him in a dark hole, a dungeon worse than any prision, where the warmth of the sun could never touch him. That was most fortunate, in a sense.

He was forced to fight other captured prisioners, for the amusement of lords and ladies of coin and position, yet had it not been for another Vampire, present at the moment of his fight and execution, the poor Emile would not have lasted another night, for his condition made him fragile and the curse yet too weak to empower him as a new creature of the night. Masked as a fellow noble, the Elder Vampire imposed his will unto Emile, driving him so that he could survive, for if a blade slew him, the presence of Vampires would be alerted in the region, regardless of the secretive nature of the blood sports.

After much difficulty, Emile and the Elder Vampire deviced a way to escape without raising suspicion, and the newborn proved his worth to his new Master, providing him with a fragment of Warpstone hidden in the depths of the dungeon he was thrown into, which gained strength from the suffering of countless victims yet was still too weak to be detected by other wizards. The Elder agreed to take Emile under his tutelage, for he always had need of a servant, and since he was bound to his will, he could prove useful. The Elder also attempted to decipher the mystery of Emile's transformation, but could not make the identity or purpose of his sire, other than creating a childe to entertain whoever was pursuing him, at best.

Emile was taught and trained as his Master saw fit, ever watchful of the state of his will, for if it was too fragile, he would remain bound to him forever; but if he rebelled, then he had to undergo the change that would herald his independence as a vampire, a forced exile which ocurred with a most unfortunate timing. His Master's lair was discovered and besieged by Elves, while the young thrall was sent on a trip, far away from the Elder's influence, so that he could wrest his will for himself. A Wraith made his trip most difficult for a while yet once the dark magic resonated inside him however, the path ahead was clear, and could return to the lair as a free Vampire.

Finally, as he drew closer to his Master, he saw the invasion taking place, and commanding nothing more than a Bat Swarm and some Dire Wolves that joined him while he channeled the natural instinctive magics of undeath, he attacked the invading army's rear. Absent proper formation or command on the back, the Elves were caught by surprise by the young Vampire, and with the aid of the swarm, their speed was rent useless against the monster. Emile's dark magic replenished a few of his Master's forces and eventually he raced to his Master arriving just in time, before an Elven blade destroyed him, and together, they ended the invader's life.

Much was Emile changed, from the days where he laboured the fields of his homeland to the nights his blade and skill were sharpened by mortals and immortals alike. Now, Emile was unbound to the Elder and it was time for him to search his own fortune, for the young vampire had not much mind for the arcane as the Elder had, and was more thrilled by battle and swordsmanship, as he was in the twilight of his brief life. Thus, the Elder removed the young one's name, for it was his mortal name, and made him use his middle name instead, one he did not favor in his mortal years, but was more fitting for the thing he was now. The young one agreed.

As a parting gift, the Elder bestowed upon his loyal servant his last name, so that he would not be shoned by other vampires of proper breed (specially the Von Carsteins) for his ignoble heritage, and so henceforth he would be known as Demian Ruthven.

The young thrall set on the path of becoming a Vampire lord of his own, as his blood and power strengthened. He heard the stories of the Blood Dragons and found "a calling" to join the brotherhood, for their ways matched the young vampire's own, and would hone his skills even further in combat.

Far and wide he travelled with his brotherhood. Far even as to reach his forgotten homeland, perhaps. And then, he heard the summoning...

Motivation: Demian is moved by his imagined duty, one imposed on him by his years of servitude as both a Bretonnian peasant and a Vampiric thrall. Most would turn to vengeance once the bounds were broken, yet Demian retains his idyllic "honor" he believes to uphold, regardless of his fate.

Failing/s: his innocence set him on his path, and it yet plagues him as an undead, for the conviction with which he fights often leads to most dangerous roads and actions. Sometimes he sees the world as a simple one, and has had a hard time learning the truth of it. He is no true noble, and most of the time his actions do not reflect the distant and manipulative ways of a lord, although his nature demands him to be cold and ruthless. Also, he has a very low understanding of magic, only able to grasp the basics of them, unlike other more meticulous vampires.

Abilities: As a vampire, he is also a wizard, although not a very skilled one. Barely enough to harness the dark magic that restores his body and that of his companions (he doesn't view them as servants, for he himself is not a proper lord). Since he almost never uses this dark magic, it has caused him no trouble amongst the brotherhood.

Finally, since he has only honed his martial skills through much hardship, his blood has acquired the speed to strike as lightning would, matching blows of those of an elf, not only in speed, but in skill as well, and begins to understand the mysteries of the Red Thirst in battle.

Magic Items (If Any): He holds a Shrieking Blade, a sword he had to acquire in order to defeat a revenant Wraith that haunted him while on his exile as a thrall. While the blade itself offers no benefits to the Undead, it does allow Demian to defend himself from ghosts. He carries a paired sword as well, for he favors two swords while fighting.

Alternate Player: (don't know yet!)

Count Vashra

Lord of Shadows
True Blood
Sep 29, 2013
New Zealand
Okay, so here we have a Vampire (I suspect Blood Dragon, though you could be implying Strigoi) who is trying to live by some misguided honour code, and basically has little idea of what he is meant to be doing...(I think) I wonder how long before one of the more manipulative characters is on to him.

Demian

Vampire Count
Oct 28, 2011
Haha, yes indeed!

I'll throw in a semi-pawn here for your amusement... for now.

Nope, actually the only bloodline he couldn't be is Strigoi, since he does retain his "more human" factions, although he only looks "humany" once he feeds, for his concentration is not on his looks, and therefore doesn't project a more healthy image.

Sanai

Stylish Deviant
True Blood
Oct 30, 2009
Behind Darvy
Sorry for the wait guys, so tired at the moment I can't construct a legible roleplay post.

@Demian your character is approved, so you can go ahead and post :)

Demian

Vampire Count
Oct 28, 2011
I'll be right on it. Just have to attend some minor choires in the bank.

Thank you!

Count Vashra

Lord of Shadows
True Blood
Sep 29, 2013
New Zealand
This is easy so far...

I may be absent for a few days over the next week/two weeks. Get, if you do decide to take over Johann for a magic display scene, he is decent at both Necromancy and Shadowmancy (but no teleportation/shadow-merging yet).

Edit: i'm back.

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu