• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Show us Your Banners

Skeleton standard bearers

Hi guys,

I didn't post this on the Show us your Skellys thread because it is not a complete skeleton unit, just the standard bearers.

I decided to give more prominence to the Standard Bearer, and thus I put it onto a 4 x 4 cm base - and it serves as unit filler ;)

What do you think? Comments / suggestions are encouraged, here or at my gallery :)

--> DeviantArt link

---------

--> DeviantArt link

...And there's a third one upcoming!

Tawg

Vampire Count
True Blood
RE: Skeleton standard bearers

That's pretty cool, and fairly legit, although as part of the "Command Group" the fact that you can't actually remove the individual "Banner" bearer could result in some bit of issue.

Although I guess we won't ever be falling back to lose our standards.. and ours come back when we cast IoN, so maybe it wouldn't actually cause that much of a rules fuss? Uh, I guess until you're down to less than 7 skeletons with the banner still in group :pumpkin:

Looks cool though :ghost:

I have "emergency" standard bearers in regular bases just in case... but my skelly units have never dropped below 10, I must say... ;)

Santawraith

Master Liche
True Blood

You should check the index.

Show us your banner

Anyways he is a awesome looking mini love the added touch of the owl.

Ps if you want this moved to the show us your banner pm me and let me know. If not your fine here.

Thanks guys for the replies! The owl adds extra (?) cuteness ;)

@Drakhaol: Don't worry for kidnapping the thread! ...JK :tongue:. I like the freehand on your banner, but I cannot quite recognize the miniature, is it from Reaper or...?

But now... Behold! The third one!:vampire3:

--> Link

Just put the finishing touches on this converted Grave Guard banner. I was inspired by the book's descriptions of the Screaming Banner/Banner of the Barrows to make a banner that looked like the cloth was alive with trapped souls trying to escape.

Borgnine

Staff member
Whoa Dibidoolandas! I had hopes for my plans regarding GG banner, but this totally shattered my confidence xD This is truly a good idea, better than just scribbling fancy freehands on the banner - and the execution is also great!

And while I'm here I can just as well post my last banner - I forgot to put it here last time...

My banner, made from plasticard on an ogre banner pole - it's from an unit of my Blood Knights. Prenzlauer Guard is my nickname for the unit.

Borgnine said:
Whoa Dibidoolandas! I had hopes for my plans regarding GG banner, but this totally shattered my confidence xD This is truly a good idea, better than just scribbling fancy freehands on the banner - and the execution is also great!

And while I'm here I can just as well post my last banner - I forgot to put it here last time...

My banner, made from plasticard on an ogre banner pole - it's from an unit of my Blood Knights. Prenzlauer Guard is my nickname for the unit.
Thanks guys! And don't lose confidence man, I think that your banner looks kickass and has a really cool sort of Medieval style going on.