• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Show us Your Banners

Emicrania

Wight King
really nice banner people! really great inspiration!
PS: is only me that cannot see the banner in the first posts? like the PIL banners?
i can't neither from android phone,neither from pc...

Farmer7574

Vampire Count
True Blood
@Dibidoolandas I love your banner coming to life thing, pulled off very well! :zombie1:

@Theerteen Awesome artwork! :thumbsup:

@Infernal Skull Amazing colours, your banners might be stealing more attention than your characters :D

Nothing recent but here's a banner I free handed by copying one of the banners in one of the army books:

These days I leave my banners bare, I'm too busy painting minis to draw up banners :smash:

Farmer7574

Vampire Count
True Blood
@Schatt Yeh, I layered using the old Bestail Brown, Bubonic Brown & Bleached Bone paints and mixes between. I honestly can't remember how many layers went on it (I never used to record my painting methods back then) but it took a while to do. Paid off though, I think.

Always nice to see some new banners. Your looks particularly good, Farmer. There's something to be said for a "textbook" design, especially one as well-executed as yours. And as I get older, I appreciate the classics more!

Raizi

Vampire Thrall
That is one of the most disturbing banners I've seen @Borgnine! Great work! I first thought you were going to do it as a fleshy thing, but this ethereal one with ghostly faces is just so much better. Excellent work there! The dragon on the cloak is superbly detailed too. What an amazing centerpiece you've got here.

Borgnine

Staff member
True Blood
@Raizi Big thanks! I never really thought to paint it fleshy - now that's an idea! Probably not for a banner, but I just have to try it out on something in the future ;)