• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Skarsnik the Lord

Crypt Horror
May 1, 2010
Finland
Here's my Grave Guards:

IMG_0012.jpg

IMG_0023.jpg

- Cheers, Skarsnik. :thumbsup:

count kill alot

Vargheist
May 16, 2010
WOW this is some crazy stuff you guys have their, especially love the banners and the colour theam of both armies.:Vampire1:

Dogmar

Varghulf
Aug 3, 2010
Thank you for the kind words, count kill alot.

What I do when I paint a banner is the following:
Do some sketches first and decide on a motive that is good looking but not too complex. I then do another sketch of the same size as the actual banner is and see if it fits. If it does, I copy the rough proportions with a very sharp pencil on the banner. Just be careful not to scratch the paint off. After tracing the outlines with your paintbrush the rest is pure practice. I've put lots of time into that banner and although I'm still far from perfect, I'm very happy with the result :)

Cheers,

Dogmar

count kill alot

Vargheist
May 16, 2010
Are you kidding me D this is pure ambrosia, if you have pictures of other master pieces pleas post them in the appropriate blog’s.
Believe me I’m not alone in this when I say give us more.

Valdiroth

Skeleton
Nov 16, 2010
Wow, the red on those has so much depth, looks amazing.
Mind sharing how you did those rich red colours?

count kill alot

Vargheist
May 16, 2010
Agreed the depth of the red is astonishing, the rest of paint job is also fantastic.
The choice of colors just work :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

datalink7

Black Knight
Aug 30, 2010
My current overall color scheme is like Fallen Angel's, though I use slightly different colors and I'm not as skilled a painter. I'm working on my Skeletons now. I'm trying to decide if I want to go one color (red) with the Grave Guard, or try a two color combination to set them more apart from the Skeletons. I'm wondering if Purple would go good with the Red.

count kill alot

Vargheist
May 16, 2010
I’m shore the color purple will go nicely with red as they are from the same tree so to speak.
But I don’t think that you should worry so much about setting them apart as theirs already enough differences between the two it’s like comparing an anorexic with a body builder.

count kill alot

Vargheist
May 16, 2010
Love your GG’s TC especially the blue glow in the eye sockets, the detailing is very clean.
The painting is ace in all aspects and the ice detail ties everything together, a real work of art you’ve got their. :thumbsup:

count kill alot

Vargheist
May 16, 2010
Absolutely love your GG’s K your blending is flawless, I especially love the depth and intensity you got out of your red, good job and thanks for shearing. :thumbsup:

count kill alot

Vargheist
May 16, 2010
FA they are absolutely amazing, theirs no question that you are one of the best painters out their.
The thing that really amazes me is the sense of motion you get out of your minis, you have the fortitude to bring life to what would just be another great looking mini, hats of to the work of art you have displayed.

xxSLAYERxx

Ghoul
Mar 7, 2011
My Grave Guard , unfinshed but the guy on the left is the finished one, will be doing the front rank pretty soon and posting it on here :)

Attachments

• IMG00002-20110304-0913.jpg
    IMG00002-20110304-0913.jpg
    315.3 KB · Views: 205

count kill alot

Vargheist
May 16, 2010
Hey Slayer and welcome to the site, first of let me say that it’s very beautifully painted and the purple has a nice regale look to it which works quite well considering that the GG’s are our elite troops of sorts, anyways love them be shore to update us when they are done.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu