• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
Aug 20, 2012
Germany
Ha :happy:! Nice use of the Heroquest chaos warrior xD The guy next to him underestimated his armour a little bit, eh? :D

Olethros70

Grave Guard
Apr 3, 2014
Thanks, Mad 'At and Theerteen. The last one is an old chaos metal miniature with a minor conversion in the head (severed and changed). And yes, the two big armor guys are plastic chaos warriors. First of them is from HeroQuest (xD) and the second one (he didn´t think about the weight loss when becoming an undead) is a GW miniature delivered with a late eighties (as far as I remember) small painting box.

Olethros70

Grave Guard
Apr 3, 2014
Not sure where to post those, but...

ai61.tinypic.com_2jb8ugi.jpg

... I use them as Grave Guards nowadays, so let´s show them here.

Blutsauger

Vampire Count
Apr 10, 2013
Mad said:
Well then, I too can share my Grave Guards here.

ai1222.photobucket.com_albums_dd482_Albin_Moller_P2270120.jpg

ai1222.photobucket.com_albums_dd482_Albin_Moller_P2270121.jpg

ai1222.photobucket.com_albums_dd482_Albin_Moller_P2270129_2.jpg

Hope you like them.

EDIT: PM me if you want a tutorial for the mirrored effect on the swords (though in other colours).

By far the best unit filler I've seen so far! Brilliant! Also love the colours you've chosen, they really pop without being garish! Good job!

Juljima

Skeleton
Dec 18, 2013
Hello guys! let's see how this works, first time that i share any pictures.

These are my Grave Guards. There are only 20 of them so far and some of them is scheduled for redoing and such but i wanted to share them anyway.

I will share more photos in the future, when i bought a better camera that is. This one was wierd.

ai742.photobucket.com_albums_xx69_alexwesterljima_IMG_4017_zps4cb92f84.jpg

ai742.photobucket.com_albums_xx69_alexwesterljima_IMG_4015_zps56e6559d.jpg

The banner is one of the things that is "standing by", there will be something on there someday when i get the right inspiration :P
ai742.photobucket.com_albums_xx69_alexwesterljima_IMG_4014_zpsb2538b61.jpg

ai742.photobucket.com_albums_xx69_alexwesterljima_IMG_3961_zps6d96811f.jpg

Blutsauger

Vampire Count
Apr 10, 2013
Very nice! I like the armour effect and the use of multiple colours for the robes. The flash is a little harsh, so I'm sure they look much nicer in person :)

Juljima

Skeleton
Dec 18, 2013
Hey guys! Thank you for your kind words! I Will try to start a paintinglog this weekend, and share something else from my collection :) My work is't by any means something spectacular but it might give someone some inspiration!
Cheers!
Juljima

Meredoth

Zombie
Sep 28, 2012
My grave guard only the standard bearer is missing!

228_zps2ce5dd8b.jpg
[/URL][/img]

214_zps8d4fc218.jpg
[/URL][/img]

215_zpsb14588ff.jpg
[/URL][/img]

Borgnine

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jun 15, 2013
Pruszkow, Poland
Wow, the pictures are working for me at last! Very, very nice!

While I don't usually like pink....ish, you managed to make it very cool [meaning both 'awesome' and 'chilly'] Their armor looks terrific with the deep black and the light gold ornamentation and the colour of the blades complement their colour very well. I love them :thumbsup:

Meredoth

Zombie
Sep 28, 2012
Borgnine said:
Wow, the pictures are working for me at last! Very, very nice!

While I don't usually like pink....ish, you managed to make it very cool [meaning both 'awesome' and 'chilly'] Their armor looks terrific with the deep black and the light gold ornamentation and the colour of the blades complement their colour very well. I love them :thumbsup:

Thank you Borgine!

Mad 'At

Dumb enough to work
Staff member
True Blood
Apr 2, 2011
Grödinge
Great looking GG Farmer. They have a very old and worn look to them, really suitable. Nice idea for banner too.

Farmer7574

Vampire Count
True Blood
Dec 10, 2013
England
Great looking GG Farmer. They have a very old and worn look to them, really suitable. Nice idea for banner too.

Cheers mate, the metals were pretty simple. The silver took two washes to throw it back a fair few years. I'm thinking they'd benefit from some rust or verdigris added to them...

ObliviJohn

Vampire wood elf
Sep 19, 2011
Wow, good job farmer. Very nice highlighting. Looks super. Looking forward to seeing more of your stuff.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu