Show us your Nagash!

  • The masquerade of murder returns! A new game of Vampires Amongst Us has begun. Unmask the killers, trust no one, and try to survive the night. Find out more and sign up now!
Hey dudes - here's my attempt.

I went for a pretty muted palette for the old deadite, to focus on his lifelessness. I went as far as magnetizing his left hand, so I can swap it out depending on whether things are getting choppy out there...

I was lucky enough to have an 8-week paternity leave from work to get this huge awesome mini painted...

ai1063.photobucket.com_albums_t520_TheMagicAngle_IMG_6946_zps784bb5a8.webp

ai1063.photobucket.com_albums_t520_TheMagicAngle_IMG_6940_zpsbc1b41e9.webp

ai1063.photobucket.com_albums_t520_TheMagicAngle_IMG_6935_zps458314c4.webp
 
Thanks for the kind feedback!

@The Sun King - here's the recipe for his armor:

1. Black undercoat
2. Layer of Ghenna's Gold. Needn't be a uniform coat. This can look as crappy as you like. Just need to make sure you cover all the black.
3. Layer of Leadbelcher. Make this a pretty sparse layer. Leave the Ghenna's gold showing in all cracks and recesses.
4. Wash Devlan Mud.
5. Highlight Ironbreaker. This is probably the most important step. Take a similar approach to the leadbelcher layer - stick to highlights, but make sure that not too much of the brown/gold is left showing through.

At this point you can stop. Depending on the topography of what you're painting, it may still feel a little low on contrast or it could be a bit too shiny. If so:

6. Wash Devlan Mud.
7. Layer of Ironbreaker. Similar to step 5, but concentrate only on the starkest highlights.

I developed this approach painting what felt like a million skellies for my End Times army. Good place to experiment with corrosion and bone. Put any failed experiments on the back ranks - no-one will ever know!
 
  • Like
Reactions: The Sun King
I love the muted colour scheme on your Nagash MagicAngle. Different from the 'standard' scheme, but really striking!
 
@Farmer7574 ye, when it came out I was stunned as everyone else, but when I first saw it "live" in a GW store, I was kinda disappointed. For my taste, it's too bulky and looks like an action figure, no more like a miniature. Maybe it was due to the paintjob, which was, to be honest, far away from good GW sstandards. Dunno...one day I will get my hands on him, maybe I see it with other eyes than. ....maahahahahah Ronald McDonald version fits perfectly xD
 
These are amazing, this is exactly why I will never share my models, I am a speed painter and really have no patience for this kind of work. Bravo chaps.
 
Hello everyone, first time here, i play the VC but i do commissions for all kinds of armies and i did 3 Nagash minis till now so here is the last 2 i finished. :)
awww.goodideapainting.com_wpress_wp_content_uploads_2015_04_IMG_0249.webp
awww.goodideapainting.com_wpress_wp_content_uploads_2015_04_IMG_0251.webp
awww.goodideapainting.com_wpress_wp_content_uploads_2015_04_Nagash_the_3rd_2.webp
awww.goodideapainting.com_wpress_wp_content_uploads_2015_04_Nagash_the_3rd_3.webp
awww.goodideapainting.com_wpress_wp_content_uploads_2015_04_Nagash_the_3rd.webp
 
Finally finished my Nagash after a months work. It might not be one of the best but i'm very pleased with the final product. Totally worth it :) still without a base tho as i will be basing him after 9th hits ;)


Nagash 1.webp

Nagash 2.webp
Nagash 3.webp
Nagash 4.webp
Nagash 5.webp
Nagash Front.webp
Nagash Side.webp
 
@Farmer7574 Thanks. Nop thats Hawk Turquoise with a light dry brush of Abbadon Black : Hawk Turquoise : Boltgun Metal as 1:2:2 and a black wash on top. dont know it the current paint names have changed or not xD. Also for the highlights i'll refrain from doing any as my skill in highlighting is worse than a penguin's flying xD but if i get better at it i will update him :P
 

About us

  • Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu