Show us your Spirit Host

  • The masquerade of murder returns! A new game of Vampires Amongst Us has begun. Unmask the killers, trust no one, and try to survive the night. Find out more and sign up now!
:D Thanks very much.
Undercoated black then added a layer of waterdowned Graveyard earth, then I started to layer on more Graveyard earth.
 
Santa the painting is excellent and the conversion idea is bold but it works really well. :thumbsup:

Lasombra love the conversion it turned out beautifully, :| how on earth did do the green part it has a very strong glow to it, that’s just too awesome bravo to you.

X that’s one hectic conversion you’ve done their, it’s the best I’ve seen and colors are kick ass.
 
@Merenwen-I imagine them as fragments of malicious poltergeists borne aloft by the purple wind of death.
@CKA-I drybrushed white over black primer and washed them with diluted bright yellowish green paint.The bodies are violet ink.
@-Xpired-You have a good sense of posture,I like the way you've set up your models.
 
I used Flagellants bodies, Ghoul arms and Skeleton heads. That third one is just a flagellant though, ran out of spare ghoul arms :)
 
Awesome stuff! I love how they get darker at the bottom, and those flowing robes are cool too! Here are mine:

DSC02651.webp
 
ai1225.photobucket.com_albums_ee387_Sauron83_Picture034.webp


Spirit host I presented on my painting log. The GW ones are ugly and too uniform in my opinion. I wanted a dead regiment.
 
Xpiredperson said:
I kit bashed my Spirit hosts and tried a different kind of colour scheme where the spirits looked murky and grimy, tell me what you think.

themurderer.jpg


theothers.jpg


threest.jpg

These are awesome. They would make good wraiths if based singly.
 
U_M always a pleasure to see your work are those GW minis? Cant seem to place them.

Sauron absolutely beautiful love every single one of them and the painting brilliant.
 
Thanks for the complements, indeed they are. The Dwarf Thunderer and the Gutter Runner are now OOP, and the Powder Monkey is from the Empire Handgunners set.

They took an evening to do in between doing bits of commissions. It's dead simple and follows a guide in the 6th Invocation using various shades of grey and instead of a green wash, I used a Hawk Turquoise :D

Cheers,

u_m
 
untitled_musketeer said:
Fallen Angel said:
Sauron, I love them! Awesome work! :thumbsup:

I concur, how was tthe effect achieved?

Chaos black under coat; heavy dry brush codex grey; undiluted green wash; heavy dry brush 1:1 snot green/skull white; lighter dry brush scorpion green; lighter dry brush skull white on edges; light dry brush of bolt-gun metal on the metal parts; purity seal to remove the shine.

Thanks for the compliments.
 
Actually I don't use washes... lol

I'm poor so I use the 80cent a bottle Apple Barrel paints, and sometimes I try to water it down and use it as a wash but I never get the consistancy right... so I just dont do it!

Everything I do is drybrushed, which gives it a distinct look and "grity" feel to everything.

But those particular models I used the Carpe Noctem guide which was in one of its ezine editions. Primed black and drybrushed a dark grey at the bottom and progressively got lighter as I went up the model then a drybrush with a dark green (forest green?) and finally finished with a drybrush of either Kiwi or Leaf Green.
 
WOW fisty those are amazing the colors are just awesome well thought of and executed.

Seth are those your’s, in any rate they look awesome and thanks for chearing.
 
Skarsnik the Lord said:
How I haven't noticed this thread before? o.o

I yet have one Spirit Host painted and four waiting for the painting. Here it is.
IMG_0069-2.jpg

I put my hands on several races' moldels (Dwarves, Bretonian, Chaos Warriors, Elves, Skaven ...) and I'd like to put them togheder in what I'd call "The Carnival of Fallen Warriors" (That sounds far more interesting than GW horrible SH).
I'm going to paint them and I love this techinque. That said:
- Is the basecoat Chaos Black?
- How did you realized such a bright and ghostly green?
Please answer me :konrad:
 

About us

  • Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu