• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Show us your Tar pits(Zombies) and Corpse Carts

Borgnine

Staff member
True Blood
Oh mahn, the giant filler got finished. Awesome stuff! I need to find some time one day and look through all the unread plogs... :rolleyes:

Duke Danse Macabre

The Duke
True Blood
Damn it Mad!
Stop showing off, your making me look bad. ;)

Must say though I do love the character in those units, just brings so much to them.

Love the variety in yours Mad 'At, and the unit fillers really add something to the feel of the unit.

A nice first set Senzo, the flesh looks genuinely mouldy - good job.

I love the almost cartoon-ish style of your padrissimus, I wish I had the time and patience to paint like that. They genuinely look like something out of a clean-cartoon computer game (such as Magicka or Orcs Must Die). Great stuff.

All the best

Martin

Doesn't have much on some of these efforts, but here's my measly 25 zombies that I painted up for Raise Dead purposes.

Prime white -> Talarn Sand on skin -> mud wash -> tallarn sand drybrush on skin / watered white on clothes -> base -> white on eyes, grey on guts (which should have been done before the wash, but oh well)

(Mods: I've been through the forum several times and I cannot find a show me thread for corpse carts so .... I really hope you don't mind!)

Mine is a converted/kit bashed old chaos chariot, using a 1980s figures as the crewman and old plastic models for the draught horses.

From the front (ish)

From the rear (also -ish)

And the ancient paintjob on the rider - more than 30 years old!

There was something very satisfactory and appropriate about using ancient models as the basis of a resurrected chariot. This is meant as a 'counts-as' corpse cart as it is the chariot of an ancient head hunter (thus the piles of skulls) and so has an exactly similar magical effect on necromantic magic. The mass of skulls represent the mass of corpses usually found on the cart. There are some fresher heads too as the head hunter is up to hid old tricks even in undeath. Obviously as a hobby it is a hard one to quit.

Mad 'At

Dumb enough to work
Staff member
True Blood
I moved you corpse cart here @padrissimus. Previously they have been posted in this thread but I do realise you confusion. Will fix it so that it is more clear, thanks for bring it up =)

Sessioni

Grave Guard
You have to start a plog to show your entire army! The frozen theme kicks donkey balls, those zombies reminds me of Walkers from Game of thrones -series :D
Love 'em.

Borgnine

Staff member
True Blood
Not your typical zombies, that's for sure - and while I don't see plaguebearers in the role of cheap fodder I must say that they are very well painted! Also a nice change from the typical green with these pale colours and pink :thumbsup:

Farmer7574

Vampire Count
True Blood
@hlt1984 First time seeing plague bearers as zombies, but they fit pretty well, I reckon!

Nicely done disgusting-looking paint job too. Just 40 more to go xD

Thanks for the comments :) i realize they are a bit untraditional but i just dont der any cool zombie models on the market :-/ and the plaguebearers just looking amazingly rotten :-D farmer - i plan to throw in a rotten blightking with a whip as a centerpiece of the Unit so i Will do 50 zambs but he should take up some space :)