• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Eyeless

Wight King
May 17, 2013
Malta
Lots of stuff i'm looking forward to see. And i'm hyped to see what we can come up with for the painting comp =] Personally i'm rebasing a lot of stuff and currently finishing up some characters. Afterwards I've got a Casket of souls to do =D

Farmer7574

Vampire Count
True Blood
Dec 10, 2013
England
@Borgnine Cheers mate, I saw your progress on yours alongside your Nagash in your plog and he's looking good!

I'm gonna square away this batch then work out whether or not to keep him as he comes or convert him.

@Eyeless Your army is coming along nicely. I think there'll be a pretty good turnout for the competition.

Blutsauger

Vampire Count
Apr 10, 2013
I've been working on a few scale models for display recently. I've finished a TIE Fighter, Y Wing and X Wing from Bandai in 1/72 scale, and I'm working on a 1/48 AT-ST at the moment.

Wargaming wise I've been doing a lot of theory-hammering at the moment, working out a new Elf or Dwarf list for Kings of War, and working on some 5x4 movement trays to break my Skeleton, Zombie and Revenant hordes up into 20 man units. Also trying to work out how I'm going to represent some KoW units like the Tree Herder and Forest Warden.

Borgnine

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jun 15, 2013
Pruszkow, Poland
And I am working at the moment on my Nagash, the books to be precise. The same books that are glued to the robe, which are glued tight with the whole base and so on - a big construction. And I try to paint them without smearing paint all over them, while the rest of the model is trying it's hardest to make it impossible to reach anything, cover it or cast a shadow on it... Definitely the hardest model to paint I encountered so far ;)

Adam_Barrow

Sleepless Knight
True Blood
Dec 25, 2010
Nashville, TN
@Borgnine I think the book with the ghost popping out is one of the coolest parts of the model. Can't wait to see em.

I'm about half way through assembling my Plague Monks. Gunna wrap the other half and make their banner today after work.

Farmer7574

Vampire Count
True Blood
Dec 10, 2013
England
@Borgnine That first book you've done looks awesome. Very realistic and worn.

@Adam_Barrow You've made really fast progress on your army of rats. And here I am only 17 models into my VC after 5 weeks!

I've got the next batch of skeletons just about done - just the metal to highlight and the bases to do. Ah yeah, and that leaf in that guy's face...

Reactions: Dragonet

Borgnine

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jun 15, 2013
Pruszkow, Poland
And I spent most of yesterday on painting a freehand design on the Wight King's cloak - and it's not even that intricate, I only needed to paint and cover it up with black again a few times, I kept messing up the symmetry and/or the whole design. Not much was done that day in the end ;)

Farmer7574

Vampire Count
True Blood
Dec 10, 2013
England
@Borgnine Ah nice one, you're freehanding the Wight King's cloak. That'll be awesome to see when you're done with him. I've got a Wight King being stuck together too!

Other than that, a bunch more skellies, another filler & a champion conversion in the works.

Farmer7574

Vampire Count
True Blood
Dec 10, 2013
England
@Eyeless That's crazy... I love undercoating - it's quite mindless & simple painting and a start of something new! Speaking of which, my next batch is in the process of getting primed. Round three for the skeletons and I'm wandering if I should do any freehand on the banner... and if so, what that should be... o.o

Eyeless

Wight King
May 17, 2013
Malta
@Farmer7574 hahaha to each his own i guess :P
Currently painting the crew. got the guards done and painting the keeper and spirits. Then i'll do the casket itself over the weekend hopefully =]

Borgnine

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jun 15, 2013
Pruszkow, Poland
@Farmer7574 I've got this feeling about starting something new when I clean the mould lines ;) Putting the base colors to wash and highlight them later is what I find the most boring in the whole process, definitely each to his own xD
@Eyeless And what's the casket itself? The classic one or something else?

And I am getting later and later home after work, so it's been tough to find some time to paint. On the weekend I'll try to buy some materials and construct a box in which I could make better photos. We'll see if that will help me ;)

Reactions: Eyeless

Eyeless

Wight King
May 17, 2013
Malta
@Borgnine the casket itself is well... kind of in process although at the moment it looks like a bunch of hard cardboard and a pile of duct tape xD i'll try to get it done this weekend and get some pics up. although i'll finish up the crew first as i'm enjoying that =D

Sception

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Sep 23, 2009
I'm working on finals and final papers, until the weekend, when my semester officially ends, and I travel home for the holidays. After the holidays, I will return, where upon I will make a decision to either sell/give away my undead, or re-commit myself to Age of Sigmar and start painting skeletons.

Shadespyre

Vampire Count
Aug 11, 2012
Been messing about with boats and daleks and what-not for our 1930s games.

Here's some pictures of what I made...

DSC03656_zpsrsthhmk2.jpg

DSC03917_zpsyk7cnp3c.jpg

DSC04100_zpstmpbv4xd.jpg

I managed to make working hinges on the landing craft:
DSC04101_zpsc7ytygeg.jpg

Both boats have the armoured sections removable (took a bit of extra modelling skill!) so they can be used as "civilian" models for other scenarios, like this:
DSC03916_zpsdsxyfion.jpg

DSC04098_zpsddkspchw.jpg

They both need a bit more decoration to make them look like real narrowboats, but my main priority for the project will be to buy, convert and paint the required crew models.

I should probably try and paint some Warhammer stuff? I've put a mounted vampiress on my desk for the next painting contest, and also another half-painted model that I started 6 months ago...

Reactions: Dragonet

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu