• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Onikaigo

Vampire Lord
True Blood
May 17, 2008
Germany
Yeah. He's been giving a basic starting location and letting us run with it. It's a nice way to start, and it gives me high hopes for the parts of the story where we're together.

Grish

Liche
True Blood
Oct 11, 2007
Winnipeg, MB
Right. I like to keep what people know private, it's theirs to share.

Also, the same issue can be looked at from different view points, different slants. I feed biased information to different people dependant on what their background is. Eg. the character with a PHd in physics knows more about Reinhart than the mechanic (which is nothing).

AsdrubaelWho

Skeleton
Jan 29, 2010
I'm guessing that I started something, and was in error.

When reading DoN's post, I read the note he was given by his publisher as:
"Richard Reinhart, Science Center, at 10:00" (person, place, time)
instead of:
"Richard Reinhart Science Center at 10:00" (place and time)
Thus referring to the mysterious physicist as Reinhart, the would-be lecturer, and presumptuously giving him a name.
So now we have Richard Reinhart, presenting at the Richard Reinhart Science Center.
Is this fixable as we are just starting out or is it unimportant in the long run?

My apologies to all.

As

@ DoN: Thanks. You and Grish gave me a good place to informally introduce Quint and his wife. :)

@ Everyone: From the looks of it I'd say we have some storytellers here.
This is very promising for quite an adventure! xD

Onikaigo

Vampire Lord
True Blood
May 17, 2008
Germany
We've even got Sanai on board! Playing as a 'Curvy girl. Can I stalk him now? Please?

Oh, and on the technical side Sanai, I don't wanna sound peevish but the enter key was made for a reason.

Happy to have some boobs in the party, though!

I'm very impressed with the Roleplays so far. I'm enjoying reading up on you guys.

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
Nice intro Sanai - will be interesting to see how you RP a female character :tongue:

The only thing I would say is try to space and paragraph your posts. Makes it much more easier to read. For example here is your post spaced out a bit more (not perfect as I'm at work):

"DOUBLE-KILL!" screamed a voice, as Alice Tennants on screen character walljumped past an opponents rocket, responding with a sniper bullet to the head. Her Unreal Tournament 3 character, clad in red, then fired once more, being rewarded with the honourific of "WICKED SICK!" Alice's gray eyes focused intensely on the screen, as her character moved rapidly around, dodging yet more fire. A few shots later, and several dead and frustrated opponents, the game shouted "HEADHUNTER!" for a streak of sniper headshots, just before the power suddenly cut out on her laptop.

"WHAT THE FUCK!" Alice yelled in frustration, before looking up from beneath her curls, to see her friend standing there with the power plug in her hand. The two girls stared at one another for a moment, the curvy, fit girl sitting on the bed with her laptop wearing a womans tank top and faded jeans, and her friend, Danica, wearing her barmaids uniform and shaking her head. "Why on earth did you do that for? I was winning!" Alice said pointedly, folding her arms and glaring at Danica.

"You play those games too much. You oughta be working more, maybe do something with your life. What happened to sending off that enrolment to start up your vetinarianary training again?" Danica replied, dropping the power plug on the bed in the small apartment. Alice stood up, and replied,

"I lost it. Anyway, I don't need the money. I’m happy with what I have here."

Danica, with a skeptical look on her face, obviously did not believe a word.
"We will talk about that after work tomorrow."

Alice shook her head, her curls flying through the air.
"I don't have work tomorrow silly, its one of my days off...wait, you didn't go and organise work for me again? I hate it when you do that!" Alice replied. Danica reached into her pocket, and pulled out a flier, handing it to Alice.
"What? Some science thing? Looks pretty stupid, and you know those eggheads won't tip." Alice said as she read the pamphlet. Danica sighed, and then replied, with her hands on her hips

"The boss was asked for someone to fill a vacant bar position at the convention, and you are going to do it. I know you need the money, and you need a boyfriend. Those "eggheads" make good money, and there are some nice guys over at that science centre. Just please, be open minded, okay?" Danica replied, with a hint of pleading and worry in her voice, before sitting next to Alice.

"Well, I suppose I do need the cash, and I don't wan't to make you have to pay my rent again. Alright Danny, I'll do it for you. But I will not hook up with some silly scientist." Alice replied, with a downcast look on her face.

"Thats my girl. Now, did you hear about Kat? She got the most interesting new tat...."

Onikaigo

Vampire Lord
True Blood
May 17, 2008
Germany
Ahh, DoN. Saying things in a nicer way than I could. Thank you!

So, Sanai. Pretend my post didn't exist. :D

Dreadgrass

Necromancer
Dec 20, 2009
Sorry if this comes across as impatient or pushy but are we waiting on somebodies post? its been a few days without action.... I'm not criticising, just wondering where we're at...

Sweeney Todd

Master Vampire
True Blood
Mar 9, 2008
Singapore
I'm supposed to post but I can't do big posts right now. I did ask Grish a few days back whether I need to post any time soon but he hasn't replied to me at all. I think the cause of the holdup is none other than Grish himself.

Sanai

Stylish Deviant
True Blood
Oct 30, 2009
Behind Darvy
Me and whoever plays quint are permitted to post setting up of stuff for the event, and if we like we can meet each other, according to a pm from Grish.

Grish

Liche
True Blood
Oct 11, 2007
Winnipeg, MB
Hey everyone! I don't mind if anyone cracks the whip at me.

If anyone doesn't know, I'm in the process of rebuilding a restaurant (since Nov '08); up until about two months ago it's all been insurance, meetings and paperwork. Now the actual work is under way and things are moving fast! I spent easter painting, that's why I've been MIA. So, sorry to keep you waiting. Also, as another excuse, there's been lots of back and forth PMs between a couple of people.

So, unto the meeting! No one's actions affect anything, so if you want to post anything between now and the meeting feel free. If not, we'll skip right to the meeting.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu