• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Strigoi Army List

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member
OK, I have edited my very first post.

I have also made two additions which we can discuss:

0-1 Character other than vampire per 200pts - I think this because in reality most Strigoi would not suffer the presence of necro's or summon powerful Wight Kings, so this limit makes sense while still leaving an option.

No BSB - as per the 6th edition. Very true as I can hardly see the scavengers who don't even use weaponry or armour bringing forth a BSB.

I think we are a little short on the army list options. Does anyone else think we should maybe have GG as 0-1 rare as Bishop said, or is that too unfluff-like?

Bishop

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Disciple of Nagash said:
OK, I have edited my very first post.

I have also made two additions which we can discuss:

0-1 Character other than vampire per 200pts - I think this because in reality most Strigoi would not suffer the presence of necro's or summon powerful Wight Kings, so this limit makes sense while still leaving an option.

No BSB - as per the 6th edition. Very true as I can hardly see the scavengers who don't even use weaponry or armour bringing forth a BSB.

I think we are a little short on the army list options. Does anyone else think we should maybe have GG as 0-1 rare as Bishop said, or is that too unfluff-like?
I gather you meant to say:
... 0-1 Character other than Vampires per 2000 pts

Everything else is fine...

If others agree on another limited choice option, such as 0-1 GG just to add a bit more to the list, that's cool by me.

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member
BUMP!!

So looking at where we got to all those months ago, I think we are pretty much there anyway. The only thing that maybe worries me is the lack of heavy hitters. Take out the vamps and Varghulf and we have limited power. I would definitely say that Black Knights are out, but as per my previous post, perhaps Grave Guard as a rare unit would be ok, no limit, just a standard rare.

Comments?

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member
I've added GG in as a Rare, but looking at it I think the Strigany shouldn't be rare. The special choices are quite small so I think we should move them there, but still as a 0-1 restriction.

Trevy the Great

Vampire Progenitor
True Blood
Its basically the same thing, except Charnel Guard were pretty much the Strigoi equivalent of Grave Guard, rather than a 0-1 unit.

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member
Yeah I was about to say that I can't see why a Strigoi would have an elite GG unit, an elite Ghoul unit makes much more sense, and we have one of them.

So, unless there are anymore objections this will be put to the vote this evening.

Trevy the Great

Vampire Progenitor
True Blood
Well Charnel Guard were just upgraded Ghouls, but I thought that they were more of an open choice, but they turned out to be 0-1.

Status
Not open for further replies.