• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Tales of New Eden IC RP

The Archivist

Archivist of the word The
True Blood
Nyasuki smiled.

"Definitely, Ms Melodia. Your energy will be very useful!"
She turned to the others.
"Mr Akky, Mr Omo, Ms Naoko, meet Ms Melodia. She's a regular here. Speaking of which, we prepared your usual 'extra toppings'.

She batted the pizza box across the table with her tail.

"Now the first person who's talking to us is an infomage. Most others are keeping their heads down, so she's sticking her neck out to tell us what she knows. I believe Mr Akky has a car we can take, while I'll take a pizza bike. Any questions before we leave?"

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
"Yo!" Akimitsu greeted.

Turning to Nyasuki, Akky nodded.

"Correcto catgirl, there's three free seats in the car." the assassin said stifling a yawn "So I'm good with that."

Harland

The Colonel
True Blood
Edwin clapped his hands and jumped to his feet.

"Right-O! Let's get going." He paused pensively. "What's our destination? I'll need a quick shower on the way, if you don't mind."

The Archivist

True Blood
"We're headed for a location in one of the suburbs, a library where she works part-time."

Nyasuki scratched her neck before nodding to the inspector.

Harm screeched her greeting and without any prompting Naoko pulled out the moustaches and slapped them back on, one upside down, and began babbling in broken English to anyone who'd listen, while Omo did his best to burrow into her bag. When the shouting quietened down, he emerged, Naoko's arm snaking him up.

'Naoko, urusai!' Naoko's confused rambling was immediately cut off and her face reddened. 'Hey, don't worry. You did good, kid. Get my 'tache.'

He turned to Harm as Naoko unstuck the moustache, to which some threads still adhered. 'Pleased ta meetcha. Glad we can finally set off.'

His glass eyes turned to Akky. 'So, we riding with you?'

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Akky watched Naoko with amusement before glancing at Omo.

"Hmm? Oh yes you are. We can go...well whenever." the assassin said with a grin, he was looking forward to getting out of here.

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Akky frowned at Edwin as the man ran out the room.

"He better not scuff my car..." he muttered.

The assassin glanced at the others. "So...we goin' or not?"

The Archivist

True Blood
Nyasuki nodded. "I'll get my bike and meet you in the parking lot."

She stalked from the room, giving everyone a nod.

---

The trip through New Eden was uneventful, though there were a few stops along the way, one of which was a pet store.

Nyasuki pulled up outside a small building on the corner of a small park. She parked the small orange motorcycle in one of the parking bays, nodding to the car to pull in behind her.

The single-storey library was made of rough brick, a light red against the background white of the snowy park. It was getting late, but lights could still be seen through the blinds pulled down over the windows. A small, handcrafted sign was fastened next to the automatic doors, the words 'Genesis Library' painted on it in muted blue.
The park was empty, the tracks of frolicking kids and a few dogs still crisp. A few short pine trees stood in the middle, a small copse littered with benches. Around the perimeter, the rows of semi-detached housing had curtains closed, what little light breaking through adding to the glow from the decorative lampposts.

The catgirl uncurled her tail from her leg and stretched as the car pulled in. She waited until it stopped before walking over, feet light as she tapped on the passenger window.

"We've got another person joining us. I told him to meet us here, since he missed the meeting, so he should be here soon."

She smiled at the car's occupants before perking her ears.

Sanai

Stylish Deviant
True Blood
John Morden watched from down the street as the two vehicles pulled into the parking lot, peering through a small pair of binoculars from within the small car he had rented. Once he was satisfied that they were the people he was supposed to meet, he turned the key in the ignition and drove towards the parking lot.

Having parked a respectful distance from the two vehicles, he stepped out of the car, locking it behind him with a push of a button. He was dressed in casual, nondescript clothing, topped of by a parka and beanie to ward against the cold. His face was reasonably handsome, but not overly remarkable, the only point of real interest being his piercing blue eyes, almost hawk-like in their intensity.

John walked across the parking lot, stopping a respectful few meters from the catgirl, before speaking.

"Good evening Miss Nyasuki. I am the one called Ghost and I am here as was requested. I take it that these are the ones I am to be working with?". He gestured towards the occupants of the nearby car.

Mello

Hasn't left TVC for the rest of the forum
True Blood
Having been quite passive... for unknown reasons, Harm peeked under the lid of her pizza box with almost unbridled excitement. Immediately her face fell and she flushed crimson... well crimson for the almost vampiric shade of skin she was sporting.

"What... is... this.. S**T?" She yelled, raising a fist to punch her way through the window, before glancing at the driver, sighing like a wounded puppy, and opening the door calmly, before returning to her full anger.

Throwing the pizza box on the floor with such force it bent, Harm stomped up to 'kitty girl #1'

"I ASKED FOR A PIZZA WITH NOTHING ON IT! WHY IS TH-..." Harm paused to take a deep gulp of air in, "WHY IS THERE CHEEZE AND TOMATO??? THEY DON'T GO ON PIZZAS!!"

Suddenly harm noticed the newcomer and her entire demeanour changed, her excitement to meet someone new overrode the anger almost instantaneously.

"o-hai!" Harm waved and grinned like a school girl, bouncing up and down a little, before giving the man a glance up and down. Harm leaned in close, boots and belt clicking softly with the sheer volume of studs and metal parts. She gave the man a conspirational look through conspirationally narrowed eyes.

"Are you one of these.... 'altie' rock stars?" she whispered, looking around as if she was passing some top secret message?

"Don't worry I don't tell" Harm's large innocent eyes gazed up at the man, filled with warmth and love.

Sanai

Stylish Deviant
True Blood
Ghost looked at the oddly attired girl with a raised eyebrow. "I prefer heavier metal than the instruments played by 'rock stars'. Given the dangerous times we live in, you will probably see what I mean before long, Miss...?". As he spoke, he glanced towards the occupants of the car, mentally counting them and sizing them up.

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Akky shot a dark look at Harm lifted her hand to hit the window. However instead the young girl open the door sedately earning a nod of approval from the assassin.

Hearing the man talking the assassin lowered the window and leant down to see out properly at him.

"Ghost you say? So you're joining our little party then?" he asked with a grin.

The Archivist

True Blood
Nyasuki rolled her eyes behind Harms back before taking the initiative.

"Yes, Mr Akky. Mr Akky, Ms Naoko, Mr Omo, Ms Harm, meet Ghost. He's going to be acting as our firearm's expert."
"Greetings, Mr Ghost. These three are the guys you'll be working with, with one more on the way and two more back at Para's. In the meantime..."

She flicked her ears towards the library.

"We're meeting up with someone willing to give us some information to go on."

Last edited:

Sanai

Stylish Deviant
True Blood
Ghost nodded at the others.

"It is good to meet you all, though I suggest that we become more familiar with each other at another time, as our contact is no doubt waiting for us."

With that, he started walking towards the library entrance.

The Archivist

True Blood
Nyasuki and the others entered the library, the automatic doors opening quietly. Stepping past the curtain of warm air descending from the heater above the door, she looked around the library. The shelves were shoulder height, and fairly loosely positioned, but they were packed with books or holes where books had been borrowed. As a result the otherwise sizeable space became cosy, noise muffled from other sources. The blinds over the curtains flared briefly in the headlights of a passing car.

There were a few people in the library, most prominent being the large bear of a man browsing the ballet section of the non-fiction. A pair of twins, overseen by a teenager tapping away on her phone, were reading a picture book slowly, whilst a bowler hat moved amongst the detective novels, its wearer hidden behind the bookcases.
There were two members of the library staff present, a rather elderly, hawk-nosed woman behind the desk and a young woman with her hair in a loose ponytail putting a stack of books away on a shelf.

Nyasuki surreptitiously tucked her tail away, followed by a hairband she pulled from her jacket and stuck next to her ears.

Mello

Hasn't left TVC for the rest of the forum
True Blood
Harm's eyes widened slightly at the sight of the library.

"Oh nooooo" she whispered before visibly covering her mouth, presumably to stop herself talking. This didn't last spectacularly long however, once she spied the twins out. Running as fast as her "stealthy" shuffle could allow her to, she giggled under her hand and jumped a little in glee.

"You guys look TOTALLY alike" she whispered. "You could like.. pretend to be twins or something! Or.. or! or! or! One of you could die and then the other pops up and claim you never died at all! That would be so awesoooooome" Harm laughed, the hand over her mouth trying to do the best at its job of muffling.

The Archivist

True Blood
The two twins looked at Harm for a moment before returning to their picture book, giggling. The teenager looked up from her phone and gave Harm a glare.

"Don't give the brats ideas, they're already do enough stupid pranks as it is. Why couldn't they have been girls..."

She glanced down at her phone as it vibrated.

"Come on squirts, time to go."

The two boys immediately ran off amongst the shelves with grins, the girl rolling her eyes and heading for the door.

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Akky strode into the Library with his sword bag slung over his shoulder.

He looked around with only the vaguest interest, completely ignoring Harm he looked over to Nyasuki.

"Sooo...why are we here again? Information or something you said, right?" the assassin glanced around "I don't imagine books from a Public Library will be much use."

The Archivist

True Blood
Nyasuki nodded, back arching slightly as she stood beneath the heater.

"We're here to meet an infomage named Gwenolyth Nowhere. She works here, but that's about all she was willing to send over the paranet."

Nyasuki gave out a small purr of content before moving away from the door to let the others enter.

Naoko had failed utterly to notice what was going on around her, simply following the others on wobbly legs, her face pale and wan.

'For god's sake kid. If I'd known you got this car sick I wouldn't have picked you.'

Naoko somehow contrived to look even more miserable.

'OK, so, Gwenolyth, that sounds... Swedish, or something? I guess we're looking for some tall, pale broad then. Shouldn't be too hard to pick out. Raise me up.'

Naoko lifted him above her head, while she retched slightly into her other hand. Omo turned around the library, before his eyes settled on the elderly woman.

'Yeah, she looks about right. Take us over.'

Naoko shambled over.

'Hey doll. We're lookin' for the... uh... occult section?'

Sanai

Stylish Deviant
True Blood
Ghost walked into the library, taking off his beanie and tucking it into a pocket as he did so. He did a quick scan of the interior, his eyes roaming the area, looking for potential threats. Once he was confident that there were no obvious threats to the group, he casually picked up a book from one of the shelves and seated himself at one of the tables that provided a decent view of goings on, appearing to be engrossed in reading An Enthusiasts Guide to Shrubberies, but really just keeping an eye on everything going on in the library.

The Archivist

True Blood
The old woman looked up from her book.

"The Pulp Section? Pulp fiction is on the shelves by the doors sweetie. Are you okay? You look awfully pale..."

'She'll be fine, don't bug yourself about it.'

Omo sighed internally. Clearly their contact hadn't picked up on his subtle clue as to their identity. He decided to try again.

'Say, you look pretty familiar. You ever met my old pal Para?'

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Akky wandered over to stand behind Omo looking on with interest.

"Hey, do we know this person?" he asked squinting at the elderly woman.