• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

The Awakened

I'm still alive, just slow

Anyways here's 3 more of reapers anniversery figures

and a little sister from a bioshock themed thing I started ages ago. I really like her, and I havent gotten around to actually painting the big daddy I made so I figured I'd just show her off as-is cause really she stands just fine on her own

Attachments

Borgnine

Staff member
True Blood
Good to see you back! That female thief looks great, that dark color scheme looks better on ther than that official one :) Bioshock piece is also awesome, not something you see very often ;)

Thank you, its good to be back around. I dont think I've ever actually seen a bioshock thing done before which made me want to do it even more

More stuff because I really ought catch up with the anniversery stuff

I made him as a sort of parallel to January reaper, who I added a dead tree to to make it a little more symetrical. Here's the two side by side

Two more of the anniversary figs, making me all caught up on them finally

and an almost complete neophyte squad, just missing special and heavy weapons.

Each one has an A and a number ranging from 40 to 50 on their shoulders. The next squad will be B 50-60, etc

Attachments

Borgnine

Staff member
True Blood
The colours on that assassin look really good :) Also, nice work on those genestealer cults - yellow/black guns look great on them, but I wonder if it wouldn't be better if that pattern would be finer... But still, great work overall, those veins on their heads are pretty wicked :)

More of the black water cult, this is the rest of Neophytes A. The A division is also going to have a squad of metamorphs and a rockgrinder, B will be another neophytes, acolytes and a goliath truck. C will be purestrain and the Patriarch, and D will be mining security forces (Imperal guard allies)

The primus

its hard to tell from the pictures, but there's a shiny black ooze dripping down his sword. The idea is the cult worships this weird tyranid bio-slime that gives them hallucinations of a hive ship lying dormant in a system with two suns. Its going to feature in a lot of bases and such, especially with the Patriarch who's going to be perched atop a pool of it with a few candles around it and a cup in front

Magus, nothing special about him except I think a headswap

A chimera I didnt expect to have done already. I'm not sure how I feel about it, I think I may have went a bit overboard on making it look old and dirty. The idea is the Cult exists on a penal colony on a hostile world where prisoners are used as slave labor in the mines, and this chimera was used as a sort of prison bus to move prisoners. The idea is the cult found an old, broken down one in the mines and fixed it up to barely-working condition, but it still looks a little TOO dirty

"THE KINDRED STAR"

"HE SLUMBERS"

The back of the door says "PRAISE THE STARS"though I faded it out too hard to read it

Last edited:

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
To be honest, I can't remember a rusted imperial tank that wasn't chaos converted o.o but it REALLY looks awesome! The rust effect is not so aggressive as it often looks like, but prominent enough to stand out. Cool job! That patriarch (don't know my share of Nids, but you kindly delivered the name xD ) looks promising with the basing, hoping to see it finished soon!

Farmer7574

Vampire Count
True Blood
@Micheal Valdros Looking at both of the tanks I think I actually prefer the more weathered one. The colours work well and I think you've captured the background well in your paint job.

Sessioni

Grave Guard
I love the "memento vitae" wizard! Very nicely highlighted and the colors work too. And the others are painted good as well, but I think you should consider smaller pictures :thumbsup:

Borgnine

Staff member
True Blood
Nice and weathered, those fit the genestealers cults nicely :thumbsup: And the color scheme is top notch