The games thread - No Man's Sky

  • The masquerade of murder returns! A new game of Vampires Amongst Us has begun. Unmask the killers, trust no one, and try to survive the night. Find out more and sign up now!
Until Dawn is awesome. This is a must play for any fan of horror or slasher films or games.

Amazing atmosphere, great story, pacing, and character development, The Order 1886 level graphics, and tense and exciting choices and gameplay.

9/10. If you have access to a PS4 do yourself a favour and play this.

Up next. MGSV and maybe Mad Max.
 
You beat the game already?

It seems like it would be fairly cool. It's not by Quantic Dream (Heavy Rain, Beyond: Two Souls, Indigo Prophecy), but it looks like it's in the same fashion of games, and I'm a fan of those ones.
 
@Tawg Yep, its about 9 hrs (longer for all collectibles which I haven't got yet). It is very hard to stop playing because the story and mystery is so gripping, so I finished it in 2-3 play sessions.

It's very much like the games you mention. Imagine a teen slasher/horror version of one of those games. However there is more to the story than you might think, I won't spoil anything.

First try I saved 5 of the 8 characters(and a 'bonus' character trying my hardest to save them all. Made a couple of silly choices.

Second playthrough I saved everyone. Great sense of satisfaction and very tense knowing a small slip up could result in disaster, especially toward the end of the game.
 
@Count michael Yep, will be awesome. The best game of 2015 is about to get better. Lots of new weapons, maybe an enhanced beast mode(did you notice in the trailer?), new bosses, new attire, new areas.

They have combined the two planned DLC expansions they were planning into one mega-expansion so this should be fantastic.

This expansion is my most anticipated game for the rest of the year along with Fallout 4 and Rise of the Tomb Raider.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Count michael
And I'm sitting here, stuck with Binding of Isaac: Rebirth / Afterbirth, GTA V and Dark Souls 2 Sotfs :D :/ But, in my lack of a new job up from February, this might spare some time xD The Bloodborne DLC looks great, but I still haven't my fingers on a PS4. So, seems it will be Dark Souls 3 in April for me, because there is no bigger purchase to make on hardware ;)
 
@Theerteen No rush on the PS4 though this year will be a big one. You may need to start saving if you have seen the Horizon: Zero Dawn trailer. Releases late 2016 I believe.

Yes, I am also very much looking forward to Dark Souls 3. Looks awesome. Aesthetically looks like Dark Souls 1 crossed with Bloodborne.

@MasterSpark It is. In total including the DLC I have spent a ridiculous amount of time playing it.
 
  • Like
Reactions: TMS
Right so my 5 most anticipated games in no specific order, though none have release dates yet.

1. Vampyr Set in 1918 Post WW1 London during the Spanish Flu epidemic, you play a Vampire Doctor. RPG from the creators of Remember me and Life is Strange. Count me in.

2. Cyberpunk 2077. From CDprojekt Red and the biggest game they have ever made with an awesome looking setting. Can't wait.

3. Detroit: Become Human From Quantic Dream, based on their tech demo Kara which was great. Watch the in engine trailer and try not to be excited.

4. Wild by Michel Ancel, creator of Beyond Good and Evil (one of my favourite games). Again, an awesome looking trailer and huge potential.

5. Nier Automata. Made by Platinum games, character and art design by Akihiko Yoshida. The gameplay trailer looks fantastic. Plus a 2016 release window.
 
Right so my 5 most anticipated games in no specific order, though none have release dates yet.

1. Vampyr Set in 1918 Post WW1 London during the Spanish Flu epidemic, you play a Vampire Doctor. RPG from the creators of Remember me and Life is Strange. Count me in.

2. Cyberpunk 2077. From CDprojekt Red and the biggest game they have ever made with an awesome looking setting. Can't wait.

3. Detroit: Become Human From Quantic Dream, based on their tech demo Kara which was great. Watch the in engine trailer and try not to be excited.

4. Wild by Michel Ancel, creator of Beyond Good and Evil (one of my favourite games). Again, an awesome looking trailer and huge potential.

5. Nier Automata. Made by Platinum games, character and art design by Akihiko Yoshida. The gameplay trailer looks fantastic. Plus a 2016 release window.

I am so looking forward to Nier Automata as I loved the the original Nier it being one my favourite games for its gameplay and simply stunning music in it ( sounds funny but the game music really helped add so much more to the game) The other games look just as good which will mean 2016 should prove a good year for gaming hehe currently waiting on the remake of Zelda twilight princess as well next month as I'm hooked on the Zelda franchise
 
Last edited:
@Theerteen I am hearing that it runs well on PC compared to ps4/xb1 so that extra RAM sou ds li!e a good investment.

Along with Dar Souls 3 I'm also so really looking forward to Ratchet and Clank on ps4 this April. A great series overlooked by many due to it's cartoony veneer. Worth checking out if you've not given it a try before. One of the only games my wife will actually sit down and play through.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Theerteen
@Theerteen Yeah, I feel your pain, my internet is very iffy. That's why I generally still go with hard copies of games if possible. Thats harder on PC though I guess.

@Adam_Barrow Bummer. That can be an expensive problem to fix.

@Leithel Yep I am finding it relatively easy but still challenging enough for my taste. It's really cool but the more I play the more it pales in comparison to Bloodborne. I really feel like that was the next step in evolving the 'Souls' series and so this feels like a small step back(though still great fun).
 

About us

  • Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu