• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
Well it gives me great joy to announce the winners of the Golden Bat Competition Summer 2012. Apologies for the delay in this announcement, have real life has had a bad habit of keeping me tied up at the moment (and not in a good way :perv: )

Before I announce the winners, as you are aware we did have to combine the tiers in the Converting Category due to the number of the entries. Therefore I have had to redistribute the prize money as follows

(VC Categories only)
First Place: £40.00
Second Place £20.00
Third Place £10.00

So those lucky enough to get third place will now also receive a cash prize! Details of how and when prizes will be issued can be read at the bottom of this post.

So without further ado, here are the winners:

VC – Painting: General
First Place: Robtion – Mounted Manny
Second Place: Merewen - Merenwen's Terrorgheist
Third Place: Santawraith – Harem Throne

VC – Painting: Master
First: Bigcannon – Lord of the Blood Keep
Second: Strigoi85 - "Ancient Terrorgheist of Camelost" with LEDS
Third Place (joint): Malikos - Willhelm Von Pacheco, III.
Third Place (joint): Elmir - Terrorgheist crawling over garden of Morr
(Prize will be split)

VC – Converting
First Place: Duke Danse Macabre - Duke Aldrick Von Drak
Second Place: Zhatan - Mortis Engine
Third Place: Santawraith - Zombie Ogre

40K – Painting: General
First Place: Santawraith - Plague Hulk of Nurgle
Second Place: Duke Danse Macabre - Mephiston Lord Of Death
Third Place: Malisteen - Ezekyle Abaddon

40K – Painting: Master
First Place: Silenti79 - Death Korps of Krieg Demolisher
Second Place: Normal - Contemptor Pattern Dreadnought & Heretic
Third Place: Von Calyptra - Brother Zael

Fantasy – Painting: General
First Place: Bullhax - Nurgle Giant
Second Place: Santawraith – Daemon Princess Undivided
Third Place: Duke Danse Macabre - Imperial Captain Burkhard

Fantasy – Painting: Master
First Place: Elmir - Forge world exalted verminlord
Second Place: Redarmy27 - Abyssal Warlord
Third Place: Mr Saturday - Fimir Standard Bearer

40K – Converting
First Place: Duke Danse Macabre - Captain Tycho
Second Place: Santawraith - Dragon warrior of Chaos

Fantasy– Converting
First Place: Mad 'At - Mangler Squigs
Second Place: Duke Danse Macabre - Empire Fire Wizard Rosalinde
Third Place: bigbadbat - Athel Loren Recycled

Congratulations to all our winners!

However let us not forget the other awards, as follows:

Terraformer: Bigcannon
Living Doll: Redarmy27
Nightmare: Redarmy27
Joker: Mad’At
WTF?: Con-fusion

Mods Choice: This is still to be announced, so keep checking back……

Finally….the Spanktastic Award. Now this was difficult, as I could clearly see some members really made the effort to impress me. It was close but in the end I had to go for:

Con-fusion - The Summoning

That model is simply one of the most perverted I have seen, very nice work :thumbsup:

So once again, congratulations to all those that have won, and I look very forward to seeing you all back next summer!

Cheers

DoN

Prize and Award allocations.

For those who have won awards / zombie points, this will be put on your profile over the next few weeks. You will receive a PM at this point. If for any reason your points and/or award are not on your profile as of the end of October, please PM me.

For those with cash prizes, I am in communication with Mantic. They are currently changing the codes as per the new breakdown, and as soon as I receive them I will PM them to you. Hopefully this should not take more than a week or so. It is important you do keep on checking back on CN for my PM.

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
As a separate point I would like to apologise to all members who may have missed out this year due to poor planning and implementation on my behalf. There is a plan to hold a feedback session shortly, and from that next's summer's competition will be planned out well in advance - in fact it is my intention to release next years competition dates before the end of this year.

Duke Danse Macabre

The Duke
True Blood
Sep 16, 2010
Sunderland, United Kingdom
Been looking forward to this contest all year since the last and by no means have you disappointed DoN.

Loved the different categories and it even went as far as to prove my painting is not totally useless.
Just wish I had time to paint a fresh model for the Vampire Tier, oh well next year I will have to step up my game.

Great job Everybody and I loved you're Plague Hulk Santa, it is by far the best model I have seen you paint. :thumbsup:

Zhatan

Varghulf
Feb 6, 2011
Sweden
I am sorry to have to post this but I would like to direct everyones attention to this matter as I feel that the voting in the VC Conversion catergory has not been handeled correctly.

Someone has informed me that a irregular amount of votes on the winning "Duke Aldrick Von Drak" entry are from users that registered within a couple of days of the voting and have seemingly just registered to vote and never returned.
Whether these are actual users or not I do not know but it seems a little too coincidental that so many users register cast their vote, all on the same entry, and never return.
These newly registered voters make up a huge percentage of the votes cast on this entry and have single handedly changed the outcome of the category.

To me it seems like foul play was involved and I think it makes a mockery of this whole competition. Especially since the admin and mods have been informed of this and apparently chose to do nothing about it.

Lastly, here are some images showing what I am talking about so you don't have to take my word for it.

votes.jpg

proof1.jpg

proof2.jpg

proof3.jpg

proof4.jpg

proof5.jpg

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
Hi Zhatan. Myself and Bishop will look into this issue and update this shortly. We do take any such situations very seriously.

con-fusion

Grave Guard
May 17, 2012
Congrats everyone. This was a fun competition. It brought out some great work that I, for one, was happy to see. Bravo!

Legion

Ghoul
Jul 16, 2012
Congrats to all the winners! Some really great looking stuff in all the categories. :thumbsup:

bigbadbat

Harbinger of Dandelions
True Blood
Jun 14, 2012
Minneapolis, MN area
Agreed! Great competition and glad I could be a part of it. There were some great entries. Thanks and congrats to all!
I do also agree with desfer and think there should be a minimum post requirement to vote, just as there should be closer monitoring of some entries and spamming of posts to meet requirement.
I know that creates a huge headache for the Mods, but with prizes involved I find it disheartening that someone who has worked long and hard on their entry might be slighted by one who joins after the extension date and spams posts to meet requirement.
I'm going to have to up my skills for next year!

Thanks Carpe Noctem and DoN for doing this!

Duke Danse Macabre

The Duke
True Blood
Sep 16, 2010
I do allot of online gaming and thus when I was making my models I generally chat about them and show images so many knew I was entering the GB, the fact that people from other forums chose to vote should not make a difference, each person will show their own IP address registered to the site itself.
Now as far as I know there is no rule against people from other forums looking at the models and voting.

I have sent a Message to DoN as well saying I am happy enough for you to have my prize as I don't use Mantic models, I was going to give it away to someone who used them anyway as then they would be used.
Personally I'm happy enough just with the place.

Zhatan

Varghulf
Feb 6, 2011
Sweden
Duke Danse Macabre said:
I do allot of online gaming and thus when I was making my models I generally chat about them and show images so many knew I was entering the GB, the fact that people from other forums chose to vote should not make a difference, each person will show their own IP address registered to the site itself.
Now as far as I know there is no rule against people from other forums looking at the models and voting.

I have sent a Message to DoN as well saying I am happy enough for you to have my prize as I don't use Mantic models, I was going to give it away to someone who used them anyway as then they would be used.
Personally I'm happy enough just with the place.

It's really not about the prize but rather that I think regestering on the site just to vote and then never returning should not be allowed.
Otherwise the person with the most friends irl will win every competition.

Im sure everyone frequents different forums and have friends that they could tell to come and vote but they don't as that would be unfair against the other entries.
I just hope the rules are looked at for the next competition.

Also your IP address doesn't prove anything as it is easy to use different free proxys.

Duke Danse Macabre

The Duke
True Blood
Sep 16, 2010
Can't belive I even need to get into this.

Now if I had my friends vote which I did not I would have allot more votes, I had simply been showing off what I was working on elsewhere when making the model which for me hearing what people think is part of the fun.
IP's are harder to mask than you think though that is Mesa's territory as he was part of one of the games I play "Anti Cheat Team/ ACT"

So what you are saying is you want a minimum post allowance for people to be allowed to vote much like the rules for entering. (Though not general and 40k as you could enter those straight away with no effort in the forum)
Now am I right in saying that?

Lynks

Lord of RAW
True Blood
Dec 29, 2010
Sydney
Zhatan, Duke Danse Macarbe and others, thank you for bringing the voting situation to light however DoN and Bishop are looking into this issue so please hold off from speculating, discussing or arguing. If you have some evidence upon the matter I am sure that DoN and Bishop will appreciate it if you PM it to them.We all do not wish to see such a great event be marred by an unfortunate circumstance so let's all try to maintain civility whilst this is resolved. In the mean time, enjoy and appreciate the wonderful array of entrances we have seen this year.

Zephyr

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Mar 3, 2008
Rotterdam
Congrats to all winners and a big thanks to those that also voted for me. Though I did not place high enough your votes mean a lot and encourage me to go on.

Cannot wait for the next installment. :-D

Narenzade

Wight King
Mar 22, 2012
I'm a winner in my own eyes. I got a vote!

YESSSSSSSSS!

Congratulations to all the winners.

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
Upon investigation I have made a decision; DDM has not acted in anyway to circumvent the rules and his placing and prize still stand. Whilst people who are not regular members may have voted, this is not against the rules, and looking at DDM's activity previously on CN, I do not think he would intentionally do something like this.

I would like to thank DDM for fully cooperating with us, and also apologise for being suspected. However I can fully understand why there was cause for suspicion, and we will always investigate such cases. This case is now closed and I do not expect any further reference to it posted. Any queries should be directed to me via PM.

Congratulations on a well deserved win.

Please also note that feedback has been taken from this, and it is likely the next years competition will restrict voting for any prizes that involve money.

Normal

Skeleton
Jan 3, 2010
Congrats to all winners and thanks for my 2nd in 40k Master, and of course for my two votes in VC Master in a model I had to rush to finish in time. :vampire2:

Aicanor

Zombie
Aug 6, 2012
Praag
Thanks to CN for the invitation, it was fun to participate. And of course, ongratulations to the winners, but not only to them. I would give many more votes if I could. There were many great models.

Cheers!

robtion

Vampire Thrall
Aug 23, 2011
Australia
Great work everyone who entered, so many fantastic looking minis :thumbsup: Thank you also to anyone who threw a vote my way as it was a very unexpected surprise for me :happy: I am glad to see my painting skills must be improving at least a little after many years.

silenti79

Skeleton
Apr 22, 2011
Congratulations to all the winners! So many good looking models this year. Thank you to everyone who voted for my 1st place 40k master painting! I am very excited to try and put those skills on some undead for the next GB.

Duke Danse Macabre

The Duke
True Blood
Sep 16, 2010
Can't wait to see it mate, make sure its something that has boobs..... :innocent:

Got to admit it was hard to choose between the master painting entree's far to much skill this year, makes me wonder how next years will be.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu