The Golden Bat Competition 2014

  • The masquerade of murder returns! A new game of Vampires Amongst Us has begun. Unmask the killers, trust no one, and try to survive the night. Find out more and sign up now!
Von Calyptra said:
What will the limit on pictures per entry be?

2E. Painting Categories: Models in the painting category must be fully painted and based. A minimum of one picture may be entered up to a maximum of three. The number includes any small inserts into a larger picture. So a member may entry one large picture including two small inserts or three large pictures for example.

in conversion categories you have to include a WIP pictures in addition to whats mentioned above.!
 
In answer to some of the questions above.

My ideal scenario is to have all the entries anonymous, with hidden voting as well. However it purely depends on the software function we have at the time. It looks promising though.

I am really pleased to see so much interest. xd
 
robtion said:
I really don't care if it's anonymous, what would be the point? To prevent favouritism? Might be tough as many people post WIP shots in their PLOGs.

Anyhow,fine either way I guess, I just think it is great fun, will have to get started on something new to enter ;)

It's not really tough. Just don't allow people to post WIP shots of the stuff they are planning to enter in their PLOGs.
 
Zhatan said:
robtion said:
I really don't care if it's anonymous, what would be the point? To prevent favouritism? Might be tough as many people post WIP shots in their PLOGs.

Anyhow,fine either way I guess, I just think it is great fun, will have to get started on something new to enter ;)

It's not really tough. Just don't allow people to post WIP shots of the stuff they are planning to enter in their PLOGs.

Yes but people can enter stuff from the last x amount of months/years so some of that stuff may already be posted?

No big deal though I am happy with whatever, I just look forward to seeing all of the great entries. There are some really creative people around this place :thumbsup:
 
People will be allowed to post in their plogs, so yes it is likely some members will know who entered what. However they idea is to help towards impartial voting, even if we can't achieve it 100%
 
I am pleased to confirm that Mantic have confirmed sponsorship again this year of the Golden Bat competition. I am just discussion the actual values and will update as soon as possible.
 
[mod]Update

Prizes have now been added!

4B. Monetary prizes will be awarded only to the Vampire Counts Painting and Converting categories, as follows:

Prizes per tier, per Vampire Counts category:

Gold: £35.00 voucher to spend at Mantic Games
Silver £15.00 voucher to spend at Mantic Games

Free shipping is also included with the vouchers, and will apply to all models bought at the time of purchase when using the voucher.

NEW PRIZE: In addition, Mantic has advised there will be an additional mystery prize for the best painted Mantic model (as selected by Mantic).

[/mod]
 
Good luck to everyone on this, I'm a long time reader and infrequent poster so I have no idea what zombies are haha. Is it possible to enter the competition as an outsider? I mean I'm working on a lot of forest vampire counts conversions at the moment where it's like a treeman surrounded by banshees being used for a mortis engine or a corpse cart covered in branches and pulled by dryads, am I not permitted to enter these as they're intended as/50% vampire counts models and I don't have enough posts/zombies to enter the VC model category and VC models aren't allowed in the 'other' categories?
I'm not bothered about winning I just want to enter and have my entry somewhere haha.
 
-
-
-
-
-
<--- Check your zombies here.
https://www.vampirecounts.net/newpoints.php, here you can see how to earn points.

I hope you can get enough zombies to enter because I would love to see your army!!
 
So I just finished creating what I felt was a pretty neat Mortis engine Flying out of a Citadel Tree, on a rock with my first ever water effects attempt. However can someone point me towards the thread that instructs people on how to obtain zombies? This feels like a good reason to finish my 2 headed Zombie dragon coven throne conversion, but I cant enter it :|


EDIT: I totatly missed the link a page back on earning zombies, Thanks!
EDIT2: sorry Link does not appear to work for me.
 
I know, It just takes 12 hours plus to make one with the green stuff drying, I was hoping as they are identical models and parts used it would not make a difference. :(

He got undercoated before the rules went up, we had a year gap so I had allot of time to prep. ;)
 
The zombie point restriction has been removed due to the software upgrade leaving us (temporarily) without the zombies points. It was also slightly in error, as the zombie point restriction should not have applied to the non-VC categories anyway.
 

About us

  • Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu