• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

The Golden Bat Competition 2014

bigbadbat

Harbinger of Dandelions
True Blood
Sounds great!
I may have missed it in the biblical post of the rules... but. Where do we enter our entries?

Sorry haven't been around much lately. (Place excuse here). So, I have been sitting on a conversion for a terrorghiest that I started a few months ago. If I want to enter it, it needs to be done by July 31st? If so let me know. I probably couldn't do it in time but would give me a push in the right direction to get after it.

Duke Danse Macabre

The Duke
True Blood
Thats when all entrees need to be in by.
Trust me it worth the effort, even if its just a deadline to help you get things done.

Got it, see what I can do. I'm painting up roughly 3700 pts of grey knights right now for another paint comp but I will try to squeeze some time in.

does this mean then I am unable to enter anything as the VC content requires a 50 post minimum entry level. and the open content must not be VC?

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member
If you only have Vampire Count models then sadly yes that is the case. However closing is not until the end of July so plenty of time to make a few more posts xD

Duke Danse Macabre

The Duke
True Blood
Re-asking the question, I'd like to know how much of a conversion we can show off!
For conversion you NEED one picture of it part way through and may have up to 3 of the finished product.
You can not have more than 3 pictures showing odd your work even if you have multiple images built into one picture.
I personally also make sure i have 2 images of in progress as well.

So in short not counting the pictures of the converting process you may have 3.

Mioum

Crypt Horror
For conversion you NEED one picture of it part way through and may have up to 3 of the finished product.
You can not have more than 3 pictures showing odd your work even if you have multiple images built into one picture.
I personally also make sure i have 2 images of in progress as well.

So in short not counting the pictures of the converting process you may have 3.
Ok so 1-3 pics for the finished product, and 1+ for the WiP. I'll try to show as much as possible in that few pictures!

I thought I'd may as well ask, when you say no paint on the models in the converted catagory, does that mean even if your converting over an already basecoated and slighty painted model it cant be entered?

Duke Danse Macabre

The Duke
True Blood
Correct.
You need to be able to see all of the work done to it, you would need to strip it first.
I ran into a very similar problem as i converted a squad and now will need to make an additional one.

Three questions. Would Saurus or Skink models converted into zombies or ghouls and then painted be an entry for the Vampire Counts category or an Open category?

You mentioned monsters and infantry and the like, but what about unit filler? Of my finished models, I think my 40 mm square unit filler would be a better entry piece than any three infantry models I have.

Also, I entered my favorite unit filler in Lustria-Online's first painting contest months ago (very small potatoes compared to the Golden Bat). Are dual entries of this nature allowed?

Mioum

Crypt Horror
I saw that the entries for conversion are also tiered. Is that really the case? The main rules talk more about the painting aspect so I'm wondering if there's tier for converting?

Duke Danse Macabre

The Duke
True Blood
If it is a model that has been converted into something undead, be it Empire, Orc or Lizardmen its in the Vampire Counts Category.

In regards to the unit filler that would need to be approved as it is not covered in the rules.

As long as it was made inside the time frame and painted you have nothing to worry about.

Their is both tiers for converting and painting Mioum, Apprentice and master levels based on ability.
You choose which to enter and then the judges approve or give you a nudge if they thing you would better suit another just so everyone has a fair chance.

Von Calyptra

Black Knight
Though I guess if not enough people enter, the tiers will be dropped?

I was expecting more entries by now, though there's still lots of time. (My painting entry has been ready for a while now, but I'm still working on my conversion.) I wonder if there will be a rush at the end of the month.

There's a few people whose entries I'm really looking forward to seeing; I'll be very disappointed if they don't enter.