• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

The "I Hate" Thread

Atropos

Black Knight
I've hated myself for the past two years, when I was completely in love with a girl who had a relationship with another guy. I fell on her trap and became her lover, just to realize that she was playing with my feelings and made me feel the most miserable guy on Earth. She told me she was going to dump her boyfriend, so my love and my hope kept growing. I was such a fool... she obviously continued with him, she just used me for sex, and so... she ripped my fucking life into pieces.

That's what I hate.

Sanai

Stylish Deviant
True Blood
Poor Atropos.
Oh well, at least you have had a lover. Tis better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all.

Master Vampire

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Poor atropos :(

To be honest, danceman, I think the government is a very double-sized. From moment I can hate them and other times I can love them... But mostly hate.

And don't make me start about religion. Although hate is a big word :O

Sanai

Stylish Deviant
True Blood
Well MV, as long as you differentiate between god, religion, religious people, and the asswholes who use religion as an excuse to do terrible things. Too many people grab the last one and blame it on all religion/religious peoples.

Danceman

The Devil in Pale Moonlight
True Blood
Sanai; The problem isn't related to the 'nutters'. Homosexual people's rights, immoral preachings about condoms in Africa and undermining health care globally, the list goes on and on. For me it isn't about the fringe elements of religion but rather religion itself. Far too often the debate fals into a Science VS Religion discussion and when your tallying up "who's killed the most" you've(using you in the general sense, not referring to you directly) missed the point I think.
I guess you could say that the problem, for me, occurs when you claim to know something you couldn't possible know and then go on to ridicule and undermine someone who's dedicated their life in their respective fields giving us technology which has made it possible to advance to the point where we are today. It is ironic, in a sense, how the religious people(again, using the word in a general term) use the technology brought to us by science to spread their word, isn't it.

To brutally paraphrase Socrates, "I don't claim to know or have all the answers but as certain as I can be, I know you don't either".

Master Vampire; I definitely do not think you should heed the word of goverment as pure truth. What I meant was more that they're only human and an idealogy of any sort won't cast a magic spell and fix all problems. The world is a massive machine with many cogs and politicians are but a spring and a feather. That said, a machine is only as good as the sum of its parts and when one piece breaks the others are soon to follow. In the end though the machine has been fixed with duct tape and strings instead of new parts and as the years pass on the more ramshackle and rusty it comes. Look at me rambling now :tongue:

So yeah, I am all for doubt, or sceptical inquiry.

Sanai

Stylish Deviant
True Blood
*de-activating belief related psychobabble barrier*

anti homosexualism and immoral preachings about africa and undermining health care is the catholic church. They believe that one group of old men are closer to god than other people.
I attend a non catholic church. Theres no big hierarchy, and we believe everyone is equal in gods eyes. We do not oppose homosexuality, condoms or health care. When we get sick, yes, we pray and have faith, but we also visit a doctor, as we have faith that god gave the doctor the gifts and talents to heal us.

I also believe in evolution and the big bang, and see no conflict between them and christianity. I believe that stem cells are an important cure, that genetic engineering is okay as long as we dont abuse it, and that some of Dan browns books are okay. I also believe that just because I am christian does not mean I am any better than anyone else.
Please dont lump us all into one generalised category, thats all I ask of people.

*re-activating belief related psychobabble barrier*

I wont speak any more on the subject, unless someone who wants to discuss it pms me or makes a thread about it, as it is getting off topic, and I know alot of people either
1# dont want to talk about religion
or
2# dont like to hear christians defend themselves (I hope this group doesnt exist on these forums)

On the politics thing, not only do I agree with dancemans analysis, but I love his terminolgy and analogy :tongue:
Lol, I live in australia, where the problems are made worse by the following
1# the majority of australians are very apathetic. We have no political riots (only race riots). We have no 1000 man marches over the injustices in the world. We have no massive crowds turning up on election day to scream their support and get teary over their faviourite party.
2# Voting is compulsory in australia, hence the apathetic australians vote, and people dont make well informed decisions about who to support/vote for. Random votes and fudged votes ensue.
3# Partly because of the above 2, we get very crappy politicians. We must choose between the lesser of two evils, and because of 1# and 2#, alot of us choose almost randomly.
4# Our media sucks. They have weekly news stories, usually following one or more of these scripts
A- Old battler gets screwed
B- Corrupt Council Member
C- Neighbours argue
D- Someone Cheats/Scams the system
E- single mother of lots of kids provides for her family using tricks to get things cheap.

Also, the media is very biased. They seem to see themselves as authority figures, and often pursue and harrass people and tell them how bad they and think these people are answerable to the media. We have no impartial reporting here.

Heres some stuff they have actually said on ACA/ Today Tonight
On parking lots- "Bingles and bashings, why the local supermarket carpark is the most dangerous place in australia"

On the excesses of alcohol- "Fruit Juice, just as deadly, according to new research"

On a house that got trashed/ vandalised and graffitied- "They did this deliberatly didnt they?"

Really, with those two shows as our mosted watched news shows....you gotta worry.

At the moment, Kevin Rudd (our latest prime minister) Is in big trouble. He promised so much, and has not made good on a single promise. All he does is talk, and talk, and use big words, and talk. At least in America, people who dont care or are ill informed dont vote, politicians actually do stuff instead of talk, and your media does its job with a degree of dignity and impartiality. Yes, your politicians are often corrupt, and buy their way into power, but at least you have a proper government.

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member
Two things:

Let's try and keep things on topic

Secondly unlike most forums we do allow political and religious discussion however only it is done in a civil and mature manner. I will scrutinise any such threads and posts and come down like a ton of bricks on anyone who starts throwing insults or accusations.

If you do want to continue the above discussion, then please start a new thread, and remember I am watching you.....through your bedroom window with binoculars
......xD

Sanai

Stylish Deviant
True Blood
I hate how dust coats everything, and how to clean up the dust I have to get it in my nose and then I sneeze and get blocked up.

I Hate Forge world me and a buddy ordered a hierophant for our tyranid army. two-three week delivery its been 4 weeks. Then they send me an e-mail saying its backordered and wont be here for anouther mounth! F@$#

Sanai

Stylish Deviant
True Blood
I hate the fact I can see no binocular light glinting when im trying to sleep. I feel unloved by DoN :s

Marcus Von Drac

Vampire Thrall
I hate colds. They make you feel aweful. Sore throat, Headache, bunged up sinuses, yet if you tell someone you have a cold they just tell you to stop whinging! Dammit people, they're not nice!

Sanai

Stylish Deviant
True Blood
I hate colds/hayfever. Its horrible and goes on for ages with me (I spend like 30% of my year with a blocked up nose or a sneeze)
I wish I could just break a limb or something instead, that way at least its not so endless and annoying :tongue:

Annie

Grave Guard
Caffeine!!! For some silly reason I decided to munch a ridiculous amount of caffeine tablets and now I'm twitching all over the place! bah! raar! gah!! Going gaming in an hour as well, gah, caffeine vampires!

i hate my hand always shake which makes it so hard to do all the details on my models
i hate my brother
i hate my mother
i hate my mothers boyfriend
i hate pop, punk, rock and almost every music type that isn't metal
i hate school and every 1 in it including the students
i hate cowboys, emos, Americans, french, British and all other HUMANS!!
i hate movies that they make like 2 hours commercial about a day and then the movie isn't good at all
i hate being this paranoid
i hate my tumor
i hate that always when you are going to take a shower all the hot water is already gone
i hate my friends for millions of reasons but i can't find any better
i hate being weak
i hate the lights (especially the sun which i'm going to destroy in he future)
i hate my eyes because not everything i see really happens
i hate that i'm not allowed to be up all night and sleep all day when nothing really happens during the day anyway
i hate myself
i hate finger, toes, arms, eyes, hair and everything that's on the human body
i hate that if i want o go to a GW shop there is about 800 km to the closest 1
i hate people
i hate football, hockey, baseball and exactly ALL sports
i hate the thing called love because there is no meaning to it and it does not exist
i hate all of you
i hate how the vc ghosts look and that they should be updated long ago
i hate those annoying smileys at the bottom of the page beside where you write a reply
i hate dogs
and i hate EVERYTHING IN THIS WORLD

Nikos

Vampire Count
True Blood
I hate stepping on an upturned eletcric plug in bare feet. Also stepping in the mangled remains of a frog my cat has brought in and left at the bottom of the stairs first thing in the morning. Infact I dont think its possible to step in or on anything and for it to be a positive experience.

Marcus Von Drac

Vampire Thrall
Terror Wrong said:
i hate my hand always shake which makes it so hard to do all the details on my models
i hate my brother
i hate my mother
i hate my mothers boyfriend
i hate pop, punk, rock and almost every music type that isn't metal
i hate school and every 1 in it including the students
i hate cowboys, emos, Americans, french, British and all other HUMANS!!
i hate movies that they make like 2 hours commercial about a day and then the movie isn't good at all
i hate being this paranoid
i hate my tumor
i hate that always when you are going to take a shower all the hot water is already gone
i hate my friends for millions of reasons but i can't find any better
i hate being weak
i hate the lights (especially the sun which i'm going to destroy in he future)
i hate my eyes because not everything i see really happens
i hate that i'm not allowed to be up all night and sleep all day when nothing really happens during the day anyway
i hate myself
i hate finger, toes, arms, eyes, hair and everything that's on the human body
i hate that if i want o go to a GW shop there is about 800 km to the closest 1
i hate people
i hate football, hockey, baseball and exactly ALL sports
i hate the thing called love because there is no meaning to it and it does not exist
i hate all of you
i hate how the vc ghosts look and that they should be updated long ago
i hate those annoying smileys at the bottom of the page beside where you write a reply
i hate dogs
and i hate EVERYTHING IN THIS WORLD
:| I'm sensing alot of hatred here. Do you want to talk to someone? :tongue:

no i already go to a Psychologist once a week but not helping very much and i doubt that there is anything that any of you guys could do
no offense

Marcus Von Drac

Vampire Thrall
You'd be surprised. We're a friendly bunch, and plenty of people find talking is good for them. But still, your choice.

i try my best to not offend any1
but please tell me if i do

i'm trying to change
and so far i think it's going really good but my hatred is still unstoppable

Danceman

The Devil in Pale Moonlight
True Blood
I hate Twilight. I rarely reach the state of hatred and even when I do it doesn't amount to much more than a fleeting moment of rage. Now thanks to the abomination that is Twilight I've reached beyond this state of familiarity and plunged into a state of bloodrage. Befitting, one could say, now that we're on the subject of vampires(though I use the term very very lightly here due to the context of which it is mentioned). First off, let me say I haven't read the books but judging from the horrible reviews and the infantile language used in the books I rather piss glas and shave my face with barbed wire. Ah, the movies then. First movie I haven't been able to watch from start till finish. 1st time I managed 15 minutes and 2nd time around the 40 minute mark. Rarely have I felt so completely unentertained, and rarer still, every time miss Stewart(cast as Bella) I felt like physically punch the screen. She is one of the most unlikable characters of all times and for all the wrong reasons. It wasn't due to some indepth or complex acting but rather from a complete lack of anything. She is just there with her bland and empty stare, and lets forget her ability to an outright obnoxious little c**t! This seem to be a trait drawn even further in the books.

I didn't bother with the 2nd movie and people who said the books weren't as bad as the movies. A hilarious statement since the movies doesn't even count as bad, it is the most putrid steaming pile of fossilised elephant dung I've ever seen. The books need to radiate pure happiness and afford you an irresistable aura of sexual attraction while at the same time endow me with the powers of Chuck Norris and Bruce Campbell combined for me to pick them up and reading them myself.

I really hate Twilight.