The return of the Black Coach

  • The masquerade of murder returns! A new game of Vampires Amongst Us has begun. Unmask the killers, trust no one, and try to survive the night. Find out more and sign up now!
I don't understand what you mean by gains +3, but saves always fail on a 1 and ward saves can't be greater than 2+ anyways.
 
I don't understand what you mean by gains +3, but saves always fail on a 1 and ward saves can't be greater than 2+ anyways.
On the Black Coach, for Evocation of Death (#4 I think) I think it says "it gains +2 MR" rather than "has MR(2)." Normally, MR doesn't stack with a ward save (unless it's been FAQ'd and I haven't seen it), so I am asking if the difference in wording is what gives the BC the 2++ rather than choosing between a 4++ and 5++, the latter of which would make the 4th upgrade useless.
 
On the Black Coach, for Evocation of Death (#4 I think) I think it says "it gains +2 MR" rather than "has MR(2)." Normally, MR doesn't stack with a ward save (unless it's been FAQ'd and I haven't seen it), so I am asking if the difference in wording is what gives the BC the 2++ rather than choosing between a 4++ and 5++, the latter of which would make the 4th upgrade useless.

pg. 72 BRB " A model with Magic Resistance has a bonus to its ward saves when saving against damage caused by spells."
 
I've been using the 'ghulf recently and found I works great as an anvil for a bloodknight flank hammer.

It can take hits pretty well and can usually draw a combat with normal troops. Then you hit with bloodknights on a flank...or even the front and it quickly becomes a murderfest...
 
The only reason the coach sees play now is that opponents' MSU lists mitigates the coach's bad mechanic: being unstable but unable to generate wounds in prolonged combat. It is still a horrible unit IMO, but at least now it sees it's way into tailored lists. I wouldn't pick it in an all comers unless it cost 130 pts.
 

About us

  • Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu